West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Abbi Normal
illhavehalf
Campo
mottinghammer
Charlie Ham
Tony P
Admin
11 posters

Millscum game

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Millscum game Empty Millscum game

Post  Admin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

Millwall fans attending the Boleyn Ground for the forthcoming Championship fixture with West Ham have been given the upper tier of the Trevor Brooking stand on Police advice.

The Met Police - in conjunction with West Ham United and the Safety Advisory Board - have decreed that away fans be given the stand's upper tier - usually reserved for family seating - for the match which takes place on Saturday, 4th February.

Those supporters who have season tickets in the Trevor Brooking Stand upper tier will be moved to alternative locations, to be confirmed.

However West Ham United have confirmed that the Boleyn Ground will have a reduced capacity for the day - which suggests some areas of the lower tier of the Trevor Brooking Stand, directly underneath the away fans may also be closed.

Tickets for the game go on sale to Academy members from 10th January. General sale tickets - should there be any - will be sold to supporters with a previous purchase history only.

The last time West Ham met Millwall in Upton Park back in 2009 a number of minor skirmishes between opposing fans broke out around the ground - due mainly to the Metropolitan Police's inability to provide sufficient numbers on the night.

A number of West Ham supporters were also pictured running onto the field of play to celebrate Junior Stanislas' late equaliser - a situation that led to the media falsely accusing West Ham supporters of conducting running battles with Millwall fans on the pitch.

Police figures released later confirmed there had been just ten arrests in all on the night.

Good idea , now they can launch stuff on the peeps in Chav corner and Tony P corner clap
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Millscum game Empty Re: Millscum game

Post  Tony P Mon 09 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

I am not in the corner. I will be fine dude !
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 5:32 pm

Tony P wrote:I am not in the corner. I will be fine dude !

Thats good news mate Very Happy
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 09 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

I can't see the logic in this.

Unfair on the people who have season tickets in the family area. After all they paid to be there and because the Police say it would be better to move the away fans there they have to suffer. Those that will be sitting below now could be targets.
    Club needs to tell the Police to bog off.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

However West Ham United have confirmed that the Boleyn Ground will have a reduced capacity for the day - which suggests some areas of the lower tier of the Trevor Brooking Stand, directly underneath the away fans may also be closed.

Looks like some of the lower will be closed as well Charlie , bloody joke
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 09 Jan 2012, 6:42 pm

The lower tier will be closed off, and the club are not in any position to tell the police to bog off! A small look at the history of this game will show that this is a logical way of deaqling with a problem that will not go away. Or we play it behind closed doors every time, which is an option the old bill could go for.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

considering the last fixture at home and the fact that there was a bit of afters at the daggers game this weekend it is probably best to try and seperate the two to some degree
    illhavehalf
    illhavehalf
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  illhavehalf Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:48 pm

Wouldnt it be better all round not to allow millwall any tickets? Very Happy
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:56 pm

we got scott a ticket for the trevor brooking lower ......
    Dave M
    Dave M
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Dave M Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:46 pm

Got chance of a ticket through Deano but after much... MUCH... temptation had to decline. So gutted, it aint real.

Aint got the pennies to spend two days drinking like a madman at the moment. Sad

I was at the last one and it was a great last minute equaliser! I really hope we see this game as a chance for three points and not be side-tracked into the one-off-derby trap.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 11 Jan 2012, 3:36 pm

Awwwww not good for you Wee Davie hugsmiley

Last time was frightening for a girlie on her own. They have done the
    right thing sticking them all in the TB upper, bit like caging the scum into
    an area that they won't be able to escape from...

It's not a problem to be moved. It happened to me once when we had to give a
    large allocation to Ipswich for the first leg of the playoff semi final. It's
    re-assuring, especially for the parents, to know that they and their children
    are being looked after, in a safer environment. Also, it gives nothing for the
    idiots of the West Ham variety to run at!

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:29 pm

True Jiggs.

And if any of them fall over the front they won't hurt anyone below.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:06 am

The last time they came to Upton Park they were very effectively pinned into the TBL by the Met; it was the West Ham ‘fans’ who behaved like cretins.

But the problem was not inside the ground, it was outside and I was very frightened.

I’m not going to this game; I’ll have to travel back to SE London on my own as Ian will have to go straight to w**k.
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:42 pm

I was offered 2 tickets but have decided against it. As you say Suz, it's not inside the ground that's the problem. Who knows what will happen at the tube stations and on the trains before and after the game :affraid:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 1:22 am