West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
mottinghammer
Tony P
Admin
7 posters

To all you Irons

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

To all you Irons Empty To all you Irons

Post  Admin Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:20 am

How did you become a West Ham fan and when also what was your first game if you can remember?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

To all you Irons Empty Re: To all you Irons

Post  Tony P Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:15 am

Admin wrote:How did you become a West Ham fan and when also what was your first game if you can remember?

I became a West Ham fan because it is in my family. All West Ham going back years. Also I was born there. My birth certificate says Place Of Birth - West Ham. Who else could I possibly support?

My first game was away at Crystal Palace on 30th October 1971 in front of a crowd of over 41,000 at Selhurst Park. We won 3-0 with goals from Billy Bonds, Clyde Best and Ade Coker

1 Peter Grotier
    2 John McDowell
    3 Frank Lampard
    4 Billy Bonds 1
    5 Tommy Taylor
    6 Bobby Moore
    7 Harry Redknapp
    8 Clyde Best 1
    9 Ade Coker 1
    10 Trevor Brooking
    11 Bryan Robson

I was hooked. It has been misery ever since LOL !!

Last edited by Tony P on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 16 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

Dont come from the East End was brought up in Norf Lahndan, dad supported Brentford from when they were a first division team in the 30's. Should by rights support the gooners, all my mates at school were gooners or yids, then in 1966 something happened to make me sit up and notice of West Ham, yes the world cup. After winning that and because I was an awkward so and so, I could only support West Ham, got me and the only other two hammers fans at my school a couple of kickings on the Northern line from the local gooner supporting skins in the late 60's, but I survived! First game was West Ham Vs Tottenham in 1967, stood on the North Bank for the first time and got even more hooked, I think it was a draw, but off the top of my head can't remember may have been 2-2.

I was also at the Palace game that Tony went to, think we had about 10,000 there, but dont remember seeing him cheesey grin
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

cant remember the details too clearly these days,was just a nipper
    was around 78/79/80 home to Forest
    can not even remember the score, think it was a draw
    was taken by my uncle and cousin,
    my uncle gave a few cigs to some 'big boys' down the front to look after me for the game cheesey grin

pub on the inbound and outbound journey
    and no bloody tickets to pre order at stupid prices
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

All my Dad family come from Canning Town and support West Ham.
    I went to my first game after my 11 plus in 1964 which I think was Stoke City.
    Had short finger nails since.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:30 pm

Well I ain't got an interesting story to tell, as I have no affiliation with the club or area at all. I didn't start following West Ham until like 5 years ago. I wanted to support a club instead of just the national team, so I chose the club I liked the most from the beginning of the eighties, when I was watching a lot of English football on the Danish television on Saturdays with my dad as back then that was all we could watch, and it was free too Smile I don't remember any names of players from back then, but for some reason, which I can't remember either, I always found it interesting when West Ham was playing. Maybe it had something to do with the passion they radiated.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:38 am

I became a West Ham fan because of my dad and Billy Bonds, my dad took me to my first game and Billy Bonds made me want to go back.

I think my first game was a home win against Luton in ’74 - I was hooked from the get go. It started out as time spent with my dad and turned into something I can’t live without.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:14 am