West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
mottinghammer
Admin
Arran H
Suzanne Claret
Campo
Tony P
10 posters

Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration Empty Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration

Post  Tony P Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

For the SECOND time. Good news for us that they have not been liquidated or wound up, as we would lose 6 points !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration Empty Re: Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration

Post  Campo Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

sound like they are not in anywhere near the same level of shit as they were before, hope they can get out of it this time, feel sorry for the fans facing another 10 point deduction.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration Empty Re: Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

Pity its not Southampton again nope
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

Iam going to sound like a right Portsmouth FC gone into adminstration 3725042725 here but I do not feel sorry them becuase they have brought it on themselves IMO , They should learnt from the 1st time they went into admin :x I hope that they will learn their lesson this time when and IF a decent buyer comes in for them and I say IF because I hate saying this but I cant see a decent buyer coming in to buy portsmouth becasue they are in so much depted that it just would not be worth buying the club .

This does mean that I can take the piss out of my mates who are pompey fans as they face the prospect of playing in league 1 as the -10pts only puts like 2pts off relegations places cheesey grin rofl smiley
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 17 Feb 2012, 4:02 pm

Arran, I think the point was that it is the FANS that people feel sorry for - not the owners etc. I feel sorry for the fans too.

If it were not for G&S saving us, it could so easily have been us in administration (or worse) due to the incompetence and mad spending of the Icelandics,
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 17 Feb 2012, 4:15 pm

As Tony said ,we are lucky with the Daves, pompys debt is still less than half of what ours is , we in glass houses and all that
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 17 Feb 2012, 4:16 pm

Bloody shame for the fans and what the skinny bird said
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:30 am

Very bad news for us if Portsmouth are wound-up and unable to fulfil their fixtures this season. We would be hardest hit

Southampton 32 61
    Reading 32 57
    West Ham 30 55
    Blackpool 31 54
    Middlesboro 31 52
    Cardiff 30 49
    Hull 30 48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:08 am

well it has made it a bit tighter , but that table table makes it look worse than it is

Saints will be on 61 points with 12 games to go
    West ham on 55 points with 14 games to go
    Reading on 57 points with 14 games to go

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 02 Mar 2012, 3:20 pm

Nicked

BRIAN Howe will not be taking over Pompey with his business partner Vince Wolanin.

American businessman Vince Wolanin has tonight issued a statement in which he says he is not in a position to mount a takeover.

Mr Howe, former frontman of the group Bad Company and a life-long Pompey fan, has been rumoured to be interested in taking over at Fratton Park.

In the statement Mr Wolanin said: ‘After looking over extensive materials we then tried to ascertain if the club could actually w**k as a commercial venture since we felt the capital requirements would be outside the short-term fundraising capabilities of a CIC.

‘There are just too many cumbersome and fiscally imprudent contracts signed that in our view would only further plunder the club all over again even if someone could buy it for zero pounds sterling since the loss carried forward is insurmountable.

‘We were hoping contract cancellations could be executed how they are under US law when a company enters administration; but, it turns out UK law prevents that.

‘Personally, I am a fan of this great club, but our parent company directives prevent us from investing in a venture where the outlook is in the red rather than the black.

‘I really feel the FA needs to revisit some of the now out of date policies of fiscal operations, capital expenditures, and outspending of the capital base and revenues as this is going to be a financial plague if changes are not made sooner than later. Still hoping for a miracle, sadly which we do not have.’

Earlier today administrator Trevor Birch confirmed the club is running out of time to find a buyer.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

Club Statement

RSS
    Portsmouth Football Club Statement

Trevor Birch, Partner at PKF Accountants & business advisers and joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, has made the following statement:

“We have had no choice but to take the difficult decision to make a number of redundancies across all levels and departments within Portsmouth Football Club.

“Additionally, we are asking certain employees to defer wages on an ongoing basis and are asking several members of staff to move from a full-time to a part-time role.

“These measures are painful for everyone involved with the club, but they are essential for Portsmouth’s survival, which is our main objective.

“They are in no way a reflection of the performance of the club’s hard-working staff, who have remained loyal and supportive throughout this difficult time.

“Our initial analysis of the club’s financial position has revealed that the situation is more serious than many people had expected.

“We have been brought in to try to rescue a business with significant financial problems. To put it bluntly, Portsmouth Football Club has a Premier League cost base but only Championship income. This is not a sustainable situation and one that needs to be addressed urgently if the club is to continue to exist.

“As things stand, there is a serious risk that the club could run out of cash within the next couple of months. I recognise that this is not the news that anyone wants to hear but burying our heads in the sand will not help anyone.

“The redundancies will make a difference to the club’s financial position but there are sure to be further challenges ahead of us.

“Portsmouth’s survival depends on us being able to find a buyer for the club before the money runs out.

“This is a great club with a proud history. We will continue to do all we can to secure a long-term future for Portsmouth Football Club. I hope that with the support of the staff, players, supporters and the wider community we can achieve this aim.

“Portsmouth needs the support of as many people as possible over the next few weeks and months. There are six home games coming up in the next five weeks so let’s make every single one a sell out – starting with Leeds on Saturday."
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Fri 02 Mar 2012, 6:34 pm

And one of the main causes of this is touted as an England manager! FFS, while this could be a disaster for Pompey (and us!) if they go under it just shows how fcuked up footballs finances are. I am so glad that we know have GaS at the helm and have got aways from the icelanders and before them ;dodgy deals 'arry; and his good mate 'let me tell you a storrie' 😠
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:51 pm

Liam Lawrence gone on loan to Cardiff City to reduce the wage bill

The Twitcher and Storrie have a lot to answer for IMO
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:07 am

Tony P wrote:Liam Lawrence gone on loan to Cardiff City to reduce the wage bill

The Twitcher and Storrie have a lot to answer for IMO

Problem is if they ever did answer would any one believe them? 'It werent me that put them on premier wages honest yer 'oner, it was rosie, she does all the finking fer me 'onest, I'm just a cockernee wide boy in I guv'
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:17 am

Just read the link (at 10:10) and it is bloodyb hilarious how it continues between two of the posters.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:35 am

So was he inferring or implying that he was a bellend, a knob or just a twat? cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

A footnote to the Portsmouth saga. A good way of us helping them out financially (to save our 6 points) without actually loaning them money which is not allowed. Taken from Forever West Ham.........

West Ham are also looking to aid Portsmouth survival as they look to secure the signing of Jason Pearce for the remainder of the season offering up a fee and paying his wages for the season in a desperate attempt to help the Blues stay in business

He is a promising young defender from what I can remember. Win-win for us as we are light in that area with George John returning to the MLS
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:33 pm

Tony P wrote:A footnote to the Portsmouth saga. A good way of us helping them out financially (to save our 6 points) without actually loaning them money which is not allowed. Taken from Forever West Ham.........

West Ham are also looking to aid Portsmouth survival as they look to secure the signing of Jason Pearce for the remainder of the season offering up a fee and paying his wages for the season in a desperate attempt to help the Blues stay in business

He is a promising young defender from what I can remember. Win-win for us as we are light in that area with George John returning to the MLS

We can't get sued for that - can we? Wink
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

Good(ish) news is Reading play them next. If my thinking is right then win, draw or lose they'd be more or less in the same boat as us? Perhaps not if they lose but if they do lose & we win we'd be clear enough for it not to matter. Oh fupp - I'm confusing myself now - I am right aren't I?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

We will get stuffed in any case as any club playing Pompey from now on will be playing a severely weakened side. We played both our games against them when they were at full strength and still got maximum points
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:09 pm

Yup, agree with that & that's where the rules are unfair but the plus side of that is they'll be in the same situation as us so the points loss won't be as painful. Or not?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

Johnny K wrote:Yup, agree with that & that's where the rules are unfair but the plus side of that is they'll be in the same situation as us so the points loss won't be as painful. Or not?

Well we got maximum points out of them. Saints only have 1 so far against them so the most they can get is 4. Reading lost to them earlier in the season but play them tomorrow night. Hopefully before their squad is completely dessimated. So the most they can get from them is 3 points in total. Not too bothered about the rest of them TBH
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

says in that article they've money until the middle of april. Seems ridiculous to close them down 2 weeks before the season ends. The League should provide money to ensure they see the season out by that stage.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

Johnny K wrote:says in that article they've money until the middle of april. Seems ridiculous to close them down 2 weeks before the season ends. The League should provide money to ensure they see the season out by that stage.

I agree that the Football League should make it their priority to make sure that they have the funds to fulfil their fixtures. I think something will be sorted out. I hope so obviously !
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:57 am

As long as Reading Lose today and we pick up 3 points then the table will stay nearer enough the same as it is now as we won sun and wining tommrow would mean 6 points ,

Top 3 as it is now :
    1st.Southampton Pts 65
    2nd.West Ham Pts 64
    3rd.Reading Pts 60

Top 3 if reading were to beat Pompey and pompey go under today and the pts gained against pompey deducted :
    1st.Southampton Pts 64
    2nd.West Ham Pts 58
    3rd.Reading Pts 57

So if we were to be watford tommrow then we would stay where we are and would be 3pts of saints instead of 1 but we would still have that game in hand so not that bad after all WH Flag

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 6:11 pm