West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Campo
Suzanne Claret
Charlie Ham
Tony P
Arran H
Admin
10 posters

West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread Empty West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:51 pm

West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread I290323540_56092West Ham United v Crystal PalaceWest Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread Crystal_Palace_2011-2012

TEAM NEWS

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce will be able to pick Robert Green after the goalkeeper's midweek red card was rescinded and he avoided suspension.

Defender Abdoulaye Faye should be fit and winger Julien Faubert is expected to shake off a tight hamstring.

Crystal Palace hope to have left-back Dean Moxey back for the trip to West Ham after nearly three months out.

Midfielders Jonathan Williams (leg) and David Wright (calf) are the only other absentees for manager Dougie Freedman

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• West Ham have won 13 of 27 competitive matches against Crystal Palace, who have prevailed in only four.

• The Hammers are chasing a fourth successive home league victory over Palace.

• The Eagles have only won one London league derby at Upton Park, by virtue of a 2-0 top-flight triumph in April 1992.

West Ham United

• The midweek 4-1 win at Blackpool saw West Ham return to the top of the table. Now they are looking to retain their one point advantage at the summit, with an unrivalled 19th Championship win this season, and a sixth in eight games.

• The Hammers have won four and drawn one of their last five home league games. The third and most recent of their three home league defeats was against Burnley on 3 December.

• West Ham have scored in each of their last 10 league outings, and in 15 of the last 16.

Crystal Palace

• The mid-table Eagles are unbeaten in four league games (W1, D3).

• But the 4-0 home win over Watford last Saturday was their first maximum in seven league games, and second in nine. They are yet to win on the road in 2012.

• Crystal Palace and West Ham have each won one of drawn two of their three London derbies in the Championship this term.

West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread ImagesCACU69UIWest Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread ImagesCA8PHAU1West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread ImagesCAMI11J5West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread ImagesCA07FR26West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread 41784_7835598697_7071_n

Last edited by Admin on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Arran H
    Reserves

West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread

Post  Arran H Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:56 pm

Going to be a very very tough Game without Green in goal , Our defence is going to have to be at its very best from the start to the end Very Happy and we need to keep 11 men on the field this time cheesey grin
    I would keep with the same line up that started the blackpool game only with Boffin or Stech in goal - not sure which I would want tbh scratch
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread

Post  Tony P Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:07 pm

Not sure that Faye is going to be fit. Looks like he has done his groin again. So either Tomkins goes into the back four or we give a debut to George John with Tomkins sitting in front of the back four in place of Diop

If not then I would like to see Lansbury given a go in central midfield
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:14 pm

As I have done for a few weeks now , I popped over to our next rivals Chat Forum and here is some of the responses I got

W Malling Eagle
    I'd like to think it will be an exciting London derby, e.g. 3-2, but I think you'll be too strong for us. No chance of us making the play offs now, hopefully a few more good performances as we build for next season.

Scrumpy
    Keep an eye out for Zaha, Jedinak, KG, Ambrose and Martin. All 5 have been on fire the last few games

CPFCFLY
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EzaGeezer
    Seeing as we playing each other very soon , I thought I would pop in and get some views from you so that I can post them on our Chat Forum.

Welcome!

Jas78
    For us a top 10 finish would be decent season end, will never rule the playoffs out in this league but next season i think we'll be more equipped to challenge

Nolan and Taylor being out is a big bonus, very good players especially at this level

Our best players ? we'll let old fat sam do his own dvd and stat reseach on that..

West Ham should go up, they arn't to pretty this season but have more than enough to get out of this league, sorry but i think 1 season in the prem maybe all you'll last without further heavy investment

i have a feeling we'll win Saturday, early kick off plus you are expected to win, so your fans and team may struggle to get going. wham 0-2 Palace

Quote:
    So you are now sitting 12th in the cocopops, what do you think your chances are of making it to the play offs or even automatic promotion?

Play-offs at very best, 10th will be very good, between 12th and 15th is an achievement. We've come a long way in the last two years, progress will be slow but steady.

Quote:
    We have both Nolan & Taylor out when we meet, do you take this as a plus?

It could certainly help us, but if I remember you have strength in depth so it won't affect you that much like if we lost Jedi, Zaha or Speroni.

Quote:
    Who are the players we should look out for in the palace team and why?

Zaha - Very tricky winger/striker, just called up to England U-21s.
    Speroni - One of the best keepers outside the PL. 7 years at the club.
    Clyne - Comfortable right back, has had Adebayor (when 17) and Ji-Sung Park in his pocket.
    Martin - Improving all the time.

Quote:
    Its getting very tight at the top with a few teams doing well over the oast weeks, what do you think of our chances of gaining automatic promotion as champions or second spot or do you thing we will end up in the play offs?

I honestly think you're overrated. 2nd at best, 6th worst.

Quote:
    Finally, what do you think the score will be and who will get the goals?

West Ham United 1-1 Crystal Palace
    Morrison (19), Martin (77)

Quote:
    I'm not going to say good luck as I would'nt mean it, lets just hope its a good game and we win

Sod off then.

HDEagle
    Palace will be a very hard nut to crack as we were in our 2-2 draw earlier in the season.

The team is playing very confidently and the goals are finally starting to flow with six in our last two matches.

Zaha and Ambrose are both back to their best and Zaha will be keen to impress in front of Stuart Pearce who has called him up for the England U21 Squad to play against Belgium.

Chris Martin on loan from Norwich seems be improving every match and has scored 5 goals in his 13 appearances for us so far.

Palace are having a much better season than most predicted and we will be very happy with a top ten finish and reaching the play-offs would be a bonus.

We go into this match unbeaten in five and confident of getting a result.

Penguin7
    Southampton to win it, best manager and squad. Reading and Blackpool to challenge you for 2nd spot.

Dont think Sam is the man. With money spent you should have been certainties but you are not.

Would not be at all surprised to see us nick a point or even better. We have a few players hitting their best form of the season and Dougie will win the tactical battle against Fat Sam

Coporal Jones
    We will finish midtable.

Definitely helps us that you have both Nolan and Taylor out when we meet. As has already been mentioned, Nolan always scores against us (the b*stard).

Think West Ham will finish 2nd. Southampton have just come out of a bad spell and look to be picking up some form again. They're my tip to take top spot.

Reckon the score will be 2-2. Ambrose and Zaha for us. Cole and Maynard for you lot.

Good luck for the rest of the season (except when you play us).

And there was a lot of responses that was just pure abuse , muppets . One thing that seem to hit a nerve was the mention of Cocopops , I asked why but aint got an answer yet , but I did get 40 + responses and they are still coming . Any descent ones and I will post on here WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:16 pm

Tony P wrote:Not sure that Faye is going to be fit. Looks like he has done his groin again. So either Tomkins goes into the back four or we give a debut to George John with Tomkins sitting in front of the back four in place of Diop

He might be in goal Tone cheesey grin
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

After yesterdays win I'm really looking forward to Saturday game.
    I wonder if Mr Ross will be there? cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:26 pm

Admin wrote:
    Tony P wrote:Not sure that Faye is going to be fit. Looks like he has done his groin again. So either Tomkins goes into the back four or we give a debut to George John with Tomkins sitting in front of the back four in place of Diop

He might be in goal Tone cheesey grin

He may well be !
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:41 am

I have a palace fan at w**k who has been giving me crap over the course of the season so i would like nothin better then for us to repeat the Blackpool score on saturday to shut him up cheesey grin WH Flag

It will prob end up as a draw , 2-2 or 1-1 something like that and think Maynard may score again today
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

I am very much looking forward to this game, although I am concerned about who’s going in goal. My hope is that it’s NOT Boffin 🇳🇴

I'd just like to say that I don’t like the lunch time kick offs nope
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:51 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:I am very much looking forward to this game, although I am concerned about who’s going in goal. My hope is that it’s NOT Boffin 🇳🇴

Agreed !

I'd just like to say that I don’t like the lunch time kick offs nope

Me neither
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 23 Feb 2012, 3:08 pm

Agree with both of you about the early kick offs , seeing as I have to have a couple of beers when watching the game means I get pissed early and fall asleep on the sofa , not very sociable innit West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread 3777063607
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 5:56 am

Some people do talk utter shite

Andrew Cole is upset at how much Crystal Palace fans will have to shell out for the match at West Ham this Saturday.

Afternoon tea at the Ritz, a family ticket to see ‘Wicked’ in the West End, a day trip to Rome or three home matches at the glorious Crystal Palace FC.

All these things could be done for same price or less than taking me and one other to watch Palace take on the high-flying Hammers at Upton Park this coming weekend.

I ask myself, since when has Championship football become so expensive to watch? I am always happy to pay out to watch football despite having to travel long distances from university, especially when it is to see Palace. However, for anyone to charge a painful £32 for 90 minutes of ‘entertainment’ must in my opinion justify it.

So what exactly are Gold and Sullivan doing to convince me to fill their coffers besides trying to exploit my support and loyalty of Palace to charge a near extortionate rate?

Having done my research into the Boleyn Ground, the general consensus seems to be that it’s a pain to get to (although that’s a bit rich coming from a Palace fan), it’s
    overly ‘compact’ and it’s often described as intimidating to away travellers. Just a few reasons why a £32 price tag is too steep

How about the style of football on display? Watching Palace is rarely a stress free exercise, albeit a cracking result against Watford Saturday gone.

Palace it seems love to love giving their away faithful fairly stressful displays and with a team who (dare I say it) is prone to sit back on a one goal lead playing away, I struggle to see an away day trip at Upton Park being overly joyful.

Ok, so what about the opposition we are playing? Are they attractive to watch? No it’s West Ham, with the ‘King of beautiful football’ Sam Allardyce in charge. Quite frankly I struggle to see how watching him instructing West Ham’s talented midfield to simply play long balls onto the head of John Carew for 90 minutes is in any way worth £32.

So alas, as much as I would genuinely like to, I shall not be attending this weekend’s game. I do however round off this article with the notion that it is not us, ‘the away fans’ that are the victims here, for we only have to visit once a season.

It is instead the fairly unwavering home support that has to put up with equally expensive ticket prices and all this as a way of thanking them for sticking with their recently relegated team. Gold and Sullivan, shame on you!

When was the last time Carew played to take some of these long balls and why is it when other team wack up a long ball it's a cross up front but with us it's hoofball Fat Sam style

Last edited by Admin on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:30 am; edited 3 times in total
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 24 Feb 2012, 7:56 am

dunno what he is moaning about, bloody costs £12 to watch conference south teams
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 24 Feb 2012, 8:23 am

He doesn't have to come, it’s not finguck compulsory… nope

Last edited by Suzanne Claret on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:50 am

Can I have his email address? I would like to book one of those day trips to Rome for £60. Ta .

Bloody tosser. Go and sell those sour grapes somewhere else.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

For any West Ham fans in Singapore you can watch it at a bar called the Dog N Bone . I have posted this as a favor to an ex pat . If thats too far to go you can pop round to me and watch it on the idiot box , I,ll supply crisps you bring the beers West Ham United FC v Crystal Palace match Thread 3777063607

Hello mate can you do me a favour.....i have arranged for my mates bar to show the west ham palace game live tomorrow night in Singapore. Can you post on your Forum the details so if there are any West ham boys that visit your forum that live in Singapore they can make their way down there.

Dog N Bone , East Coast , kick off 8.45pm

there is a few west ham boys already going , no one shows championship football here until my mate paid up. More the merrier.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 25 Feb 2012, 8:25 am

We Must Win today with Saints kicking off later we need to put the pressure on them WH Flag
    Iam Hoping BFS goes with :
    442 : Green,McCartney,Reid,Tomkins,O`Brien,Faubert,Noble,Lansbury,Vaz Te,Cole and Maynard
    SUBS:John,Collison,Baldock,*Morrison,Carew
    * I would put him on the bench so he get to exprenince Upton Park on a matchday etc .

COYI ! WH Flag
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

I don't normally think much of the utterings of TV pundits, but a few weeks ago Claridge said that when West Ham sorted their home form out properly they would walk away from the rest, and I think he was spot on. I really hope we have have turned the corner at UP and will start giving the home support what they expect to see from a squad this strong.

Lunchtime menu - stuffed and roasted eagle, large portion please!! WH Flag
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

Same team that beat blackpool starts today WH Flag Lets hope they all play like they did on tuesday !
    Vaz Te and Maynard looked a real threat at blackpool ,lets hope that they are today WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

Anyone who needs a link for the game , I,m told it will be on here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Subscription sites (for the best quality and no mucking around):
    liveonlinefooty.com – Channel 3, 6 or 4 in HD
    flashsportstreams.tv – VIP2 or VIP32

Free Streams:
    These guys always have our matches:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All Sky Sports channels and ESPN streamed for free at:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (we’re on Sky Sports 2 today)

Too many other streams to list so choose a stream from any of those listed at:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or

Last edited by Admin on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

The teams are out , Big Sam taking a chance with no Goalie on the bench , Still we have Lansbury Very Happy

West Ham United: Green, O'Brien, McCartney, Faye, Reid, Tomkins, Noble, Collison, Faubert, Vaz Te, Maynard
    Substitutes: Potts, O'Neil, Lansbury, Cole, Baldock

Crystal Palace: Speroni, McShane, Parr, McCarthy, Gardner, Ambrose, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Zaha, Martin, Easter
    Substitutes: Price, Garvan, Murray, O'Keefe, Scannell

Last edited by Admin on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

Info on todays ref

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:37 pm

That was a very very poor 1st half by west ham , think we are lucky not to be losing angry2
    We must do better in the 2nd half !!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

Well I am not too happy with the first half , seems to be all Palarse and we are just not getting into it . Maybe someone should get a red to liven the fuckers up , green has been made to save a few while their keeper has,nt been trouble once
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 25 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

I hate myself for saying this but we did not IMO deserve a point out of that game Sad Palace were the better team from the start and should of been IMO at 3-0 up at HT , I expected better and we produce a better proformance in the 2nd half but still we lacked any real threat upfront unlike the blackpool Evil or Very Mad

With Southampton winning at the time of me writing this it looks like we have now given them top spot again and put pressure on our selfs yet again as they would go two points clear at the top even with us having a game in hand on them angry2

We can not have a repeat of this porformance against Cardiff as they will beat us with ease

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 5:07 pm