West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Charlie Ham
Tony P
Admin
7 posters

Home support

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Home support Empty Home support

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm

I was thinking about putting this in match Threads but changed my mind . we will start with this I found today from Faye

“Everybody should help the team. After two minutes against Watford the stadium was quiet and then, when a player loses the ball, you hear the shouts. That is no good for the team.

“We have got to be stronger mentally when we play at home. At the moment we don’t relax but we have to beat Doncaster at home on Saturday. This is a big game for us.

“We have to overcome this mental barrier now because this is an important time and we must win every game. Every player here understands that expectations are high and the fans believe we should win every game.”

I honestly believe one of the reasons we are shite at home against teams we really should be gathering 3 points against is all down to the nerves and the fact the team are uneasy because if they fcuk up then they are going to get slaughtered and boo,ed . It dont help one little bit to boo the team off at half/full time , how does it look as well to our oppos . As you know I have been popping over to our opponents before each game to get some feedback and I pop back in after the game just to see what they have been saying about the game . When we lose they all comment on the fact that we boo,ed the team off . Now I know this dont happen at the away games so why should it happen at home , they need our support more at home at the mo because of the track record . I really dont understand the booing , if you fcuk up at w**k , you dont expect to get boo,ed , well in fact it would not happen . I can understand people having a moan that is all part of football and especially WH the past few seasons . I can understand that we pay good money to watch our team but booing is not needed . I remember one game I was over for , cant remember when and who we played ( age you know ) but anyway , there was a minute,s silence something to do with our soldiers , I think . Two foreigners started chatting so I turned round and in a polite way told them to shut their gobs and show some respect , which they did , is this what is needed to shut these bloody boo boys up ?

Maybe this should of been in Rants

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Home support Empty Re: Home support

Post  Tony P Thu 08 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

Dude although the booing of the team is clearly "wrong" it is a MINORITY that do it. Please don't believe all the media hype about the home crowd in general getting on the backs of the players. It is simply not true. True, there are moans and groans when a pass goes astray etc but I would suggest that that happens at ALL grounds, not just ours

Crowd participation and enthusiasm is a two-way thing IMO. What I have seen in the last two home games is a lethargy and lack of urgency from the team. This feeds back to the crowd.........and so the cycle commences

I suggest that the players man-up and give us the effort and committment that they showed in the games when we went down to 10 men
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:35 pm

I dont disagree with what you say Tone and I know I dont always have match experience as you do but I do here it loud and clear on the comm , not a lot but sometimes at home when we should have won against a team well below us . I heard it last night . I know it is not just us , you here it all over the Prem and chumps league , just pisses me awf as it must all true fans WH Flag COYI
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

If it comes across loud on the comm then it must be from the Alpari/Rio/West Stand where the commentators are based. Who and wherever it comes from, they are Home support 3725042725
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

That settles it.

Must be the Dave's booing. cheesey grin

Tony right it is a small numbers that boo.

If the team played well then most fans would feel good however in the last two home games you wonder why you have paid your money. It seems at home using Sam's tactic we just cannot break other teams down and together with some of our player playing worse than under 8's you can't help sitting there groaning
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:47 pm

I feel sorry for the players in a way. We, as fans, know that we cannot play 4-4-2 if Nolan and Noble are the central midfield. It just doesn't w**k, for reasons I have stated earlier. So, in essence Sam's tactics fail everyone at home. He has stated himself that we do not play 4-4-2 very well. What that really means is "I am going to play Kevin Nolan for 90 minutes of every game and seeing as the only position that he looks any good in is behind a lone striker in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with no defensive responsibility at all, I will have to play that system". If that is the case - and I believe it is - why play 4-4-2 last night with a winger who cannot beat a player or cross a ball in Faubert and a midfield that take too long to move the ball and have absolutely no pace whatsoever?

The lack of movement in front of our back four is terrible. It results in all of them, plus Rob Green, having no option but to lump the ball forward to a centre forward who seems incapable of jumping or being able to control football

So the team selection and the tactics (the manager's domain) lead to a group of the wrong players unable to play in the wrong system

Are the boos aimed at BFS, the players, or both? Answers on a postcard
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 09 Mar 2012, 4:17 pm

Postcard

I am hoping the boos are directed at Big Sam but how would the players know that . maybe some sort of song should be made to let Sam and the players know that you got the formation wrong you plonker . Answers on a postcard , best song gets a free beer in the supps club on the last game Home support 3777063607
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm

Don't win today and there will be a lot of upset home fans.
    No pressure lads.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:48 am

So what’s the excuse for Saturdays performance then? Because you can’t blame the fans for that one. I’m getting a bit sick of this, of all the things that are wrong at the moment the focus of attention is on the fans.

We didn’t put Taylor at right back, we didn’t miss time pass after pass after pass, we didn’t let Doncaster finguck Rovers back into a game that should have been dead and buried after 30 minutes. We didn’t defend like amateurs, we didn’t loss midfield, we didn’t make befalling substitutions and we haven’t turned the team into a shite, clueless Wimbledon.

I give up a great deal to be able to afford to go to games, so get off my finguck back and starting taking some responsibility.

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

And that's without a couple of G&T's Very Happy
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:So what’s the excuse for Saturdays performance then? Because you can’t blame the fans for that one. I’m getting a bit sick of this, of all the things that are wrong at the moment the focus of attention is on the fans.

We didn’t put Taylor at right back, we didn’t miss time pass after pass after pass, we didn’t let Doncaster finguck Rovers back into a game that should have been dead and buried after 30 minutes. We didn’t defend like amateurs, we didn’t loss midfield, we didn’t make befalling substitutions and we haven’t turned the team into a shite, clueless Wimbledon.

I give up a great deal to be able to afford to go to games, so get off my finguck back and starting taking some responsibility.

Here Here. Home support 1746495726
    Jo.
    Jo.
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Jo. Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:07 pm

In support of the Rt Hon Admin for Scandyland, sadly the boos are very clear and I, too thought it was a majority rather than a minority thing. Glad to hear otherwise.

I think it is the pressure of expectancy that perhaps causes issues. We, the supporters, expect (rightly, I think) a great deal. The players want to give us great results at home. They are aware of how much you guys fork out supporting them, and they want to repay some of that faith. Nevertheless, they are highly paid professional footballers, doing a job many would kill for. Therefore, time to deal with the situation professionally.

Agree with Tony re Noble/Nolan.

What DOES Nolan do? Yes, I know he scores goals, but he is not a defensive mid, nor is he an attacking mid as far as I can see. This is not an anti Nolan question, just .... I want to know!

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:42 pm

He does a damn good impression of a chicken........Eh? What???.... :|
    Jo.
    Jo.
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Jo. Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:39 pm

A headless one??