West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Campo
Jiggs
Abbi Normal
mottinghammer
Arran H
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Blakey
Admin
12 posters

West Ham United V Brighton

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham United V Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United V Brighton

Post  Jiggs Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:14 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:I have 2 bets on 3-1 and 5-0 cheesey grin
    and Basingstoke are two up at Thurrock, cnut Terrys bro plays for them West Ham United V Brighton - Page 2 3725042725

Bad luck 3W....Who was the wanker that scored an own goal...bet you love him Rolling Eyes
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

Now that was worth watching , had it on the box and I nearly missed it , Mrs G happened to check just at kick awf , I owe her one cheesey grin 3 pints and 3 goals behind the saints now . So pleased with the all round performance from everyone involved . The fans the team and fat Sam and dont forget the backroom staff , everyone played a part . Still hoping for a fcuk up from the saints , but hey , IT AINT OVER UNTILL THE FAT LADY SINGS

West Ham United V Brighton - Page 2 533414_10150832150654809_682119808_11919048_411467203_n
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    ThreeWheeling wrote:I have 2 bets on 3-1 and 5-0 cheesey grin
    and Basingstoke are two up at Thurrock, cnut Terrys bro plays for them West Ham United V Brighton - Page 2 3725042725

Bad luck 3W....Who was the wanker that scored an own goal...bet you love him Rolling Eyes

Na, i will take the 6-0 cheesey grin
    also had 22/1 (put bet on yesterday morn) each way on Seabass in the national cheesey grin
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:08 pm

This game was like a dream come true. Vaz Te now in top form and Nolan finally settled in. Fupp me we deserve to go up! BFS is da man! see, Arran ? Wink

When was the last time we scord six in one game ? I can remember some 5's but not 6's. What a performance, who could have expected this against Poyet's team who were tope of the league for a long time in the beginning of the season. Absolutely fantastic match. Bow clap
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

IronDane wrote:This game was like a dream come true. Vaz Te now in top form and Nolan finally settled in. Fupp me we deserve to go up! BFS is da man! see, Arran ? Wink

When was the last time we scord six in one game ? I can remember some 5's but not 6's. What a performance, who could have expected this against Poyet's team who were tope of the league for a long time in the beginning of the season. Absolutely fantastic match. Bow clap

Its only working because we are actually playing 442 with TWO strikers upfront and everyone playing in their Correct Position !

If O`Brien is fit for tuesday then I would play O`Brien at RB drop Demel to the bench and if Faubert is fit he can take Collins place on the Bench
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:47 pm

Poyet on the game , nicked from Kumb

Where did it go wrong, Gus? Where did it start?

I think it's easy - from the start. I wasn't surprised, we knew how West Ham would start the game. We knew the kind of pressure they would put on us and we knew that we had to go through the first 20 minutes without giving them a lift and keeping the score at 0-0. We knew that but we didn't deal with it, sometimes we couldn't deal it.

It's not about what you want, it's about what you can do - and we couldn't today. We were not as good as the power and strength of West Ham. There's a fine line between being really disappointed because we didn't do things the right way or because we couldn't do things the right way. I'll let you analyse that.

Is this one harder to take than what happened at Liverpool [when Brighton were beaten 6-1]?

Well there are similarities. We didn't concede as many own goals as at Liverpool; we conceded three that day, today we conceded only one. We conceded a couple of funny goals at Liverpool and four were funny for me today. So a coincidence? I'll let you know whether that's coincidence or something we need to change.

It must hurt you a bit though?

Yeah, the result is embarrassing. It wasn't what we were expecting. When you know what is going to happen and you cannot deal with that? As I said, I need to ask myself if it was because we were not good enough on the day or whether we are not able, as a group of players, to deal with that.

And in terms of your play-offs hopes?

We need to win the next three. We will try. If we play like we did on Tuesday we've got a great chance, if we play like we did today we've got no chance. That difference in the level of your performance makes the difference between being top six or not. The teams that are consistent have a great chance of being in the top six.

The good thing about today is that we cannot blame anyone. There is luck, there are referee's decisions - today there is nothing. It's all about us, what we did and what didn't do. I'll analyse today a lot.

For the people in Brighton who thought we'd get to the Premier League, I told you a few months ago that we are not ready. I think Liverpool and West Ham showed where we are. We are not ready, it's as simple as that. So if some people want us to go up and play Manchester City and Chelsea, I'm not going - I'm staying at home! [laughs] I'm not going to go to these places with our team because it's not fair.

You said you can still go up by winning the last three...

Today was the first time that I didn't even check the other results. I'm not expecting anyone else to help us, we need three wins and nine points then we've got a chance. But we haven't won one in five, how are we going to win three in a row?

You talked in the build-up to the game about how you used to love playing here...

But I never conceded three goals in ten minutes here as a player. It was a different game, especially the way we played. We were a bit naive. I thought that the Liverpool result was an accident because it only happened once. But no it was not, why not? Because it happened again today. But I know what I've got to change probably for next year. I know what we need to improve.

So are there some players who should be worried about their futures at Brighton?

I wouldn't be so hard on them. Like I said, if you had come from another planet and had seen us against Reading at the Amex on Tuesday you would have thought we were the team at the top and Reading who were chasing the play-offs. So why did that happen on Tuesday night yet four days later we've been so naive? So I won't be too hard on the players but we need to change if we really want to compete for the Premier League.

I'm not going to lie in order to sell tickets and say, "next year we'll be top six". Next year we're going to have three top-class teams coming down, three well-known teams coming up - if you think about Sheffield and Charlton - plus the ones that don't go up [from the Championship]. So to compete with all of them we need to be better. We need to be stronger, we need to be quicker, we need to be more intelligent - and we need better players.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

Ahhhh.....he tells it as it is....I like that and I like Gus Poyet.

I wish him well whatever happens, unless they do get into the playoffs and we happen to be there too....then I hope we are scheduled to play them..... witchi
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

Jiggs wrote:Ahhhh.....he tells it as it is....I like that and I like Gus Poyet.

I wish him well whatever happens, unless they do get into the playoffs and we happen to be there too....then I hope we are scheduled to play them..... witchi

Well he didn't when we beat them at the Amex. He said "there was only one team playing football" etc etc

I like Gus too. I have played golf with him a couple of times and he is a very nice fellow. TBH there wasn't anything detrimental he could say about us yesterday was there?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:36 pm

IronDane wrote:This game was like a dream come true. Vaz Te now in top form and Nolan finally settled in. Fupp me we deserve to go up! BFS is da man! see, Arran ? Wink

When we beat Barnsley 6-0 in their one season in the Premiership
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:57 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Ahhhh.....he tells it as it is....I like that and I like Gus Poyet.

Well he didn't when we beat them at the Amex. He said "there was only one team playing football" etc etc

I like Gus too. I have played golf with him a couple of times and he is a very nice fellow. TBH there wasn't anything detrimental he could say about us yesterday was there?

Well indeed not Mr P ....... Maybe he is wishing he never said that before Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm