West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

Dylan Tombides

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Dylan Tombides Empty Dylan Tombides

Post  Admin Mon 16 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

Dylan Tombides will return to full training next week after receiving more good news in his battle to overcome testicular cancer.

The 18-year-old, who was diagnosed with the disease last year has spent the last year undergoing surgery and chemotherapy.

And whilst he is still some considerable way from receiving the all clear, having received a third positive blood test since his treatment ended the Australian striker has been told he can return to training.

"It's a time-line thing at the moment," Tombides told whufc.com. "I had a blood test the other day and that was my third since my operation. I need to get ten all-clears and that will officially tell me that I am clear of the disease.

"The doctors have told me that if I am likely to recur, it will be in the first year, and if I don't then I should be cured for life. I've got another eight or so blood tests and other CT scans to go then hopefully I'll get the all-clear."

Tombides - who was on the verge of making his first team debut before being diagnosed with the disease - admitted that he still asks himself "why me?", but said that he couldn't wait to get his career back on track.

"Seeing my mates and all the players and staff every day has been great," he said. "Whether or not I'm playing, it certainly beats sitting at home or lying in a hospital bed having cords linked up to me pumping poison through me."

Hope he gets the all clear
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Dylan Tombides Empty Re: Dylan Tombides

Post  Jiggs Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:54 pm

Oh me too ....... Poor little mite. Keep going Dylan, we're all behind you son xx
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:55 pm

Keep going clap
    we are all behind ya

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 1:33 pm