West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

48 Years ago today ( from The Offish )

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

48 Years ago today ( from The Offish ) Empty 48 Years ago today ( from The Offish )

Post  Admin Sat 19 May 2012, 10:26 am

19th May 1965
    Wembley Stadium
    West Ham 2 1860 Munich 0

Forty-eight years ago today, West Ham United enjoyed one of the finest days in their history at Wembley. Making their secon visit to the Home of Football in a little over 12 months, the Hammers took on German Cup holders TSV 1860 Munich in the European Cup Winners' Cup final.

West Ham, managed by Ron Greenwood, had beaten La Gantoise, Sparta Prague, Lausanne and Real Zaragoza to reach the final while their German opponents had beaten US Luxembourg, FC Porto, Legia Warsaw and Torino. The final itself was an entertaining affair that saw the Hammers secure a victory through two goals in three minutes from Alan Sealey.

The first came in the 70th minute when Ronnie Boyce threaded a pass between two TSV defenders and Sealey tucked the ball home from a difficult angle. Sealey grabbed his and West Ham's second in just two minutes later when TSV failed to clear a West Ham free kick, Captain Bobby Moore crossed the ball and the German goalkeeper Petar Radenkovic failed to collect the ball allowing midfielder Sealey to tap the ball into an empty net.

West Ham United: Standen, Kirkup, Burkett, Brown, Moore, Peters, Boyce, Sissons, Hurst, Dear, Sealey
    Goals: Sealey (70), (72)

an omen ?

Last edited by Admin on Sat 19 May 2012, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

48 Years ago today ( from The Offish ) Empty Re: 48 Years ago today ( from The Offish )

Post  Campo Sat 19 May 2012, 10:29 am

lets hope so WH Flag
    Kray_Snr
    Kray_Snr
    Boot Cleaner

48 Years ago today ( from The Offish ) Empty Re: 48 Years ago today ( from The Offish )

Post  Kray_Snr Sun 20 May 2012, 12:07 am

that was the 1st game our grandad took my dad too , hence passing down the claret and blue to us

love you grandad

C.O.Y.I.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 20 May 2012, 12:41 am

My Dad was there too. Came home in tears of Joy and never stopped talking about it for days! And I still have the Programme. I hope he was looking down today and feeling very proud. God bless me Dad. Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 20 May 2012, 8:27 am

So it was an Omen cheesey grin
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 20 May 2012, 10:29 am

Written in the stars it was WH Flag

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 11:36 am