West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Gone.......official.

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Gone.......official. Empty Gone.......official.

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 23 May 2012, 10:24 pm

Foobear, Faye, Diop, Nouble, Olly Lee and Carew-all released on the offish.

Can't link it right now.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Gone.......official. Empty Re: Gone.......official.

Post  Arran H Thu 24 May 2012, 5:23 am

I hope and Iam sure he will get at least 2 CB`s because we now only have two CB`s Reid and Tomkins WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Gone.......official. Empty From the offish

Post  Admin Thu 24 May 2012, 8:02 am

Six players depart
    22-05-2012

Julien Faubert, Abdoulaye Faye, Papa Bouba Diop, John Carew, Frank Nouble and Olly Lee will all leave West Ham United when their current contracts end on 30 June.

The six professionals have all played their part in a successful 2012/13 season which saw the Hammers gain promotion back to the Barclays Premier League.

Faubert, who will end a five-year association with the Club, featured as a substitute in the 2-1 npower Championship Play-Off final victory over Blackpool at Wembley, while Faye, Diop, Carew and Nouble combined to make 67 league appearances and score four goals between them this term.

France international Faubert joined West Ham from Girondins de Bordeaux in July 2007, totalled 121 appearances for the Club, scoring twice. His final game in a claret and blue shirt saw the 28-year-old feature as a replacement right-back in Saturday's victory at the Home of Football.

Faye, Diop and Carew all moved to the Boleyn Ground in summer 2011. Senegal defender Faye made 29 league appearances, 25 of them starts, and added valuable experience to the back four, while fellow countryman Diop tasted defeat just three times in 16 league matches.

Norway international striker Carew scored twice in 21 appearances in all competitions, netting in the 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace and the 4-0 home win over Blackpool in October 2011.

Nouble bagged his maiden goal in West Ham colours in the New Year's Eve defeat at Derby County - one of 19 appearances for the Hammers. He also spent time on loan at Gillingham and Barnsley this season and has previously been loaned to Swindon Town, Swansea City and Charlton Athletic.

Young professional Lee will also depart at the end of June after helping West Ham to win the Plate competition at the Hong Kong FC Citibank International Soccer Sevens at the weekend. The 20-year-old enjoyed loan spells at Dagenham and Redbridge and Gillingham this season and was named on the substitutes' bench by Sam Allardyce for the FA Cup with Budweiser third-round tie at Sheffield Wednesday.

Henri Lansbury has returned to Arsenal following the end of a season-long loan spell that saw him make 23 appearances and score on his debut in a 4-3 home league win over Peterborough United in September.

Also leaving the Boleyn Ground are scholars Sam Cowler, Lamar Hurley, David Wootton and Jake Young.

West Ham United would like to thank all of the aforementioned players for their hard w**k and dedication and wish them luck in their future careers.

Meanwhile, professional contracts have been offered to first-year pro Cristian Montano and second-year scholars Jake Larkins, Kenzer Lee and Jack Powell. Young professionals Callum Driver and Eoin Wearen have already put pen to paper on new one-year deals, while Declan Hunt has been offered a third-year scholarship after injury curtailed his 2011/12 season.

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 24 May 2012, 8:36 am

Its a shame Olly Lee didnt w**k out
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 24 May 2012, 6:29 pm

Very disappointed to lose Faubert. Faye and Diop have played their parts this season, but probably won't make a huge impact in the Premier League at their ages. Nouble and Lee were never going to make it into our first-team. Carew was largely hopeless.

Faubert would have been an asset as he works hard and can play anywhere down the right, if needed. He can also adapt to positions in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. I would have offered him a two-year contract, albeit on reduced terms to those he would have been signed on by Magnusson in 2007! Demel has not really impressed me at all and was poor in the play-off final; we looked better on that side, defensively and offensively, when Julien came on. I'm not saying Julien would have been a starter in the PL, but he's a good option to have in the squad.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 24 May 2012, 6:32 pm

Dan C wrote:Very disappointed to lose Faubert. Faye and Diop have played their parts this season, but probably won't make a huge impact in the Premier League at their ages. Nouble and Lee were never going to make it into our first-team. Carew was largely hopeless.

Faubert would have been an asset as he works hard and can play anywhere down the right, if needed. He can also adapt to positions in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. I would have offered him a two-year contract, albeit on reduced terms to those he would have been signed on by Magnusson in 2007! Demel has not really impressed me at all and was poor in the play-off final; we looked better on that side, defensively and offensively, when Julien came on. I'm not saying Julien would have been a starter in the PL, but he's a good option to have in the squad.

Carew hopeless , thats very kind Dan Laughing
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 24 May 2012, 6:40 pm

Edit-talking about Foobear

Hes not tweeted since, he seemed so happy we had gone up (I say we, forget players actually are natural born winners and yearn for success too ). I suppose it may just have come down to Sam not reckoning he would be value for money (as we don't know if any terms were discussed, whether player and business were miles apart.) Or just didn't rate him enough over his targets.

He had a hard start to life at WH. Neither shone since nor been too much of a liability-especially sine lead boots left-he has someone to sweep up beind him so his howlers were less obvious.

The rest are as expected. Diop and Faye bought in on one year contracts and well enough. Cares only achievement was when he come on against Peterborough and run full pelt towards where I was sitting-his impression left was I almost shat myself at the size of him!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 6:15 pm