West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

'Arry the twitch

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

'Arry the twitch Empty 'Arry the twitch

Post  Campo Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:09 pm

this from his sky interview

Harry Redknapp does not believe a club should allow a manager's contract to run into its final year if they rate him highly, but is happy for Tottenham to make a decision on his future.

Redknapp has just 12 months remaining on his current deal, having enjoyed a successful stint at the helm since arriving at White Hart Lane in 2008.

He is keen to sign an extension but reports have suggested chairman Daniel Levy is less enthusiastic about handing him a new long-term agreement.

Redknapp maintains he has a good relationship with Levy and is staying relaxed as he waits to discover whether Spurs want to keep him.

Redknapp on Tottenham transfers

"People talk about it but I've never had a problem with Daniel Levy," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

"The simple situation is that I have a year left on my contract and it is up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that or not.

"Things couldn't have gone better since I've been there. We've finished fourth twice, fifth once, quarter-finals of the Champions League and played fantastic football.

"It's a good club and I enjoy being at Tottenham."

Situation

Redknapp feels it is a dangerous tactic to let a contract draw towards its expiry date before taking action, even if he says he has not thought about looking elsewhere.

"It's not a case of me looking for security," he explained.

"What it's about, really, is that when players know they have only a year left on their contract it doesn't w**k.

"You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they are any good and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they are any good.

"That is the situation so it is up to the club."
    Qatar

Redknapp insists he has not heard of any interest in him from other clubs, having been linked with the Chelsea job as well as a move to Qatar.

He said: "No. I don't speak to anybody else, it's not my job. I am under contract at Tottenham.

"I keep seeing something about Qatar but I've never been to Qatar in my life.

"I love it at Tottenham. I've got a good team and good players.

"It is up to the chairman. If he doesn't want to give me another contract, it is his decision.

"We'll see what happens."

I reckon the devious cnut is trying to give Chelski the nod to try and get him , Dangerous game finguck about with Levy though

Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

'Arry the twitch Empty Re: 'Arry the twitch

Post  Abbi Normal Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:24 pm

anywhere but spurs
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

not enough transfer kitty after failing to get Champions League? cheesey grin

he is down to bare bones remember

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:35 am

twitch now 3/1
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:18 am

sack him, then hang draw and quater him just to make sure he never works again WHUF :whfinger:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 6:41 am