West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Jiggs
Campo
Admin
mottinghammer
Nicki
Blakey
10 posters

Geez, You Might Want To Investigate This

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Geez, You Might Want To Investigate This - Page 2 Empty Re: Geez, You Might Want To Investigate This

Post  Admin Thu 28 Jun 2012, 7:58 pm

Que ?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Geez, You Might Want To Investigate This - Page 2 Empty Re: Geez, You Might Want To Investigate This

Post  Admin Thu 28 Jun 2012, 8:15 pm

Also from the Forum Support

Hi,

Please kindly remind Blakey that FireFox DOES have a Malware prevention ability and they had it long before Chrome had theirs

If the one individual is having it from one location, ask them to use a different device on the connection, for example, if connected via a cable, generally yellow or blue "category 5" ask them to connect to a different computer, or if via WiFi, get them to use a different device, such as a neighbors mobile device. If it continues,`I can further assist. If it stops then the issue is on that Laptop/Device and they should do a scan with Avast! Free Scan & Removal and then it should be detected and removed.
    Avast is the best if the free, and is I believe #3 of the paid, only to AVG because of the brand name.
    I may be wrong on that number, I haven't seen CNet numbers for quite a while
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:54 am

Having never used "Oh, you need an add on for that, download it here" Firefux, I didn't know that.

He's right about Avast though, Avira is equally as good and usually scores very well, (top 3 or 4) in industry tests (CNet).
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:59 am

Ok, cleared the cookies and cache, warning gone when I enter the site, but as soon as I clicked on this thread, it was back.

I can't check it on a different device as I only have this one. I don't have multiple laptops, tablets etc etc.

I'll run Avira over the weekend, see if that picks anything up.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:43 am

wierd , i have used 4 PCs on 4 different networks , not seen any of these warnings
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:41 am

Looking after Lois today and using my daughters computer. She uses chrome, and I got the warning.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

Right. I have done a scan - nothing. I have cleared my cache AND Cookies back to time immemorial. Still getting the warning when I click on the first thread I want to read regardless of which it is. I then use proceed anyway on the warning to get into the site and its ok after that. I have tried it on my PC AND my laptop and get the warning on both.

Next suggestion?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

right , i have no problems, in true IT fashion ... let see if i can fcuk things up and try and get the warning cheesey grin
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:28 pm

Geez, i aint no security expert or anything but do you run this forum via web browser only or do you upload/download from the host ?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 01 Jul 2012, 12:58 pm

Scanned with Avira, nothing found

Enter site - no warning

Click on General Chat - No warning

Click on a thread in General Chat - Warning
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 01 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

I have been back in contact with Forum Support and am waiting for an answer . I still find it strange that I have not had the problem , some do some dont , spooky . Bear with me peeps
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 01 Jul 2012, 2:32 pm

Campo wrote:Geez, i aint no security expert or anything but do you run this forum via web browser only or do you upload/download from the host ?

Web browser only dude
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 01 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

Blakey wrote:Scanned with Avira, nothing found

Enter site - no warning

Click on General Chat - No warning

Click on a thread in General Chat - Warning
    Thats what happens with me. Doesn't matter which section I start with either. No further warnings once in the site.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 01 Jul 2012, 7:38 pm

had a bit of a google on this, and it seems quite a common problem, it looks like it is the host with the infection .
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:15 pm

I am buggered if i can replicate this problem scratch
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:27 pm

Still waiting on an answer from the Forum Support , just spoke with Abbi on Skype and he has,nt had any problems and he uses IE7 . I,ll post as soon as I get some more news people
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 03 Jul 2012, 1:39 am

Logged in - No Warning

Clicked on General Chat - No warning

Clicked on this thread - No warning

It may have gone, what ever it was
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 03 Jul 2012, 8:36 pm

Latest message from Forum Support

The problem is that it does not happen anymore for any of us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Think its getting solved for most of them, i still believe clearing the cookies & cache would solve the problem. The reason being, i knew of a forum & it had a similar problem wherein they were getting a warning. So after the content was removed, the warning still remained even after it was actually gone for other users who visited the site freshly. Once i cleaned the cache & cookies, the warning disappeared for me.

Let me know how things are your end peeps
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:02 am

Latest from Forum support

Can the affected users clear their DNS Cache?

Win 7: Start > Type in 'cmd' and it should return with a black box called 'cmd'
    In it TYPE: ipconfig /flushdns hit enter AFTER IT SAID IT WAS SUSCESSFUL TYPE THIS ipconfig /renew hit enter.

Have you also got any JavaScripts selected to either 'in all pages' or 'in the topics'?

Also, Google can take a few weeks to re-check websites and verify it's safety.
    It's rare that only a few selected users have the abnomaly of it continueing after everyone else.

Lets see if everyone has it cleared up now?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:23 pm

Ok people I have had a helpful helper from The Forum Support on here and he tried with Chrome and Firefox with no problems . All those that are getting this warning , can you post on here and I will try something out , a tip from our helper mate . You must be online for me to do this , so be patient I am sure we have nearly got this sorted . Cheers
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 05 Jul 2012, 4:27 am

Problem seems to have gone Tone. I've not had the warning page for a couple of days now.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

I certainly hope so mate , as I said our Forum Helper will keep an eye on the place for a few days and will see how it goes .
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Mon 09 Jul 2012, 11:09 am

First time I have tried since you reported it fixed as I have been away. As B;akey said - no warnings now. Seems ok Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 09 Jul 2012, 11:15 am

Well thats good news Nicki , glad its ok and who,s B;akey cheesey grin
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 09 Jul 2012, 9:36 pm

Admin wrote:Well thats good news Nicki , glad its ok and who,s B;akey cheesey grin

Probably some bloke she picked up in Holland cheesey grin

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:06 pm