West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

Interview with MD ( from the Offish )

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Interview with MD ( from the Offish ) Empty Interview with MD ( from the Offish )

Post  Admin Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

West Ham United new boy Mohamed Diame has revealed his excitement ahead of the new Barclays Premier League season.

The Senegal international captained his country in the London 2012 Olympic Games but has now returned and played his second game for the Hammers in Friday's 1-1 draw with SC Braga in Portugal. The all-action midfielder produced a fine display at the Estadio Municipal, producing strong challenges and getting forward regularly to support his team-mates.

Speaking to whufc.com ahead of the new season, Diame stated his intention to give his all after an Olympic experience he will never forget.

Facing SC Braga on Friday was your second game for West Ham United. How do you feel it went?

MD - "We worked hard. We had a good game and I think we played well. The second half was difficult and but we did what we had to and got the equaliser and we're ready for the next game against Aston Villa on Saturday - our first in the Barclays Premier League."

You've been away for the majority of pre-season competing in the Olympics for Senegal. Is it good to be back now with your new team mates?

MD - "I feel good. I left around a month ago so it's nice to get back. I think the guys are ready as well and we all feel prepared for the start of the Barclays Premier League season."

You made it to the quarter-final stage, so did you enjoy the experience or were you frustrated to miss out on winning an Olympic medal?

MD - "I really enjoyed the experience of competing in the Olympic football. For me I would just to say thank you to West Ham United for allowing me to go as it was an experience I will never forget."

Are you excited for the start of the Barclays Premier League season?

MD - "Of course I'm very excited. I'm at a new club in West Ham and I'm looking forward to the challenge."

Are you excited about playing in front of the West Ham United fans and what do you know about them already?

MD - "I'm ready for that. I know the fans are behind the team and every time they are looking for a win, so I will give my best on the pitch to ensure they go home happy."

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 12:22 am