West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Blakey
shaun of the thread
Nicki
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Jiggs
lizzie
10 posters

Mobile Phone

lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Mobile Phone Empty Mobile Phone

Post  lizzie Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:11 pm

I think I need to get a new one coz my very old one that I have now has a problem, when I make a phone call the person on the other end can hear me, but I can't hear them! Anyways, don't need one with too much techy stuff on it - only need internet access and fairly decent camera, so don't want to pay too much. Am on a pay as you go tariff coz I don't use it a lot. Was thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy Y. Anyone know what it's like?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Mobile Phone Empty Re: Mobile Phone

Post  Jiggs Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:30 pm

You might just need a hearing aid? confu cheesey grin

Sorry Lizzie, can't help you here. Not up on mobile phones at all. My daughter gave me her HTC wildfire, this one I would recommend for what you are looking for. May come up a bit dearer than the galaxy though.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:39 pm

I have a Galaxy Y and find it very good. No obvious problems even with my poor eye sight. Clear and crisp screen. For the money it is pretty good.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:55 pm

I am on my third Samsung. Have got a Galaxy Ace Plus on PAYG Vodafone. It is excellent. Easy to use and despite reports that battery life is poor I havent had that problem.
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:47 pm

Thanks for advice. Will get the Galaxy Y then I think.

And Jiggs, speak up I can't hear ya even with this great big ear trumpet next to me earole! Very Happy
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

You sure its your phone thats gone & its not that. they just don't wanna speak to you
    . gay fight

Only messing sounds like your speaker has gone. Used to have samsung all the time until I had a samsung wave 2. nothing but trouble with it , touch screen so kept switchin off in pocket etc. Have herd galaxy are better as they are android so loads of free apps etc. My next one will be a Sony. you get good camera and a massive memory .
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

shaun of the thread wrote: My next one will be a Sony. you get good camera and a massive memory .

You might want to reconsider.

Sony's don't seem to have the reliability to successfully complete a contract any longer than 12 months. Things just stop working. At first you can ignore it, then it gradually gets worse until the phone is virtually unusable.

The software you HAVE to download onto your PC to manage them is nothing other than large, bloaty and slow. You HAVE to use Sony's memory cards, (either own brand or generic), as they do not accept standard micro SD cards.

Samsung Android phones are great, until the onboard memory becomes cluttered with all those 'Apps' you've downloaded. Need to update them? Insufficient memory, even if the memory card is only half full. You cannot migrate the Apps to the memory card, not even to update them.

If your contract is in the region of £35 a month. You have to seriously, seriously consider the iPhone. You can get the 4S free if you ask for it on all networks on that sort of Tariff. And yes, it is that good.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:35 pm

I've got the older iPhone 3G, free upgrade and I only pay £20 a month.

Its bloody brilliant, espically as it knows were I am even when I dont.

Pop bang lovely.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:37 pm

I have the HTC Sensation
    no problems at all with it apart from i am too much of an old fart to use it to its full capacity
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:55 pm

Blakey, I won't be downloading loads of apps (only want internet for emails and Facebook - I'm a lady with small needs (ahem)), so do you think the Galaxy Y would be sufficient for what I want it for?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:27 pm

lizzie wrote:Blakey, I won't be downloading loads of apps (only want internet for emails and Facebook - I'm a lady with small needs (ahem)), so do you think the Galaxy Y would be sufficient for what I want it for?

Probably, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I've just been hearing loads of moans and groans from people about how they are unable to update some apps. My advice would be, if you don't use an app at least once a week, get rid of it, you don't need it.

Some apps are very good and very handy, some others are fun for about an hour or so. If you don't use it, delete it.

I would suggest, Facebook, Twitter & Shazam. They are probably the 3 you'll use the most.

Oh, and Instafuckinggram

lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:48 pm

Ta very much Blakey!

Instafuckinggram - would probably use the middle bit, but I'm not too good at downloading photos!!! Bit of a Luddite, me. Very Happy
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

Just a thought Lizzie, if you spend between 10, 15 or 20 a month on PAYG, it might be worth looking at a SIM only contract.

There are some very attractive deals to be had out there.
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

Thinking of subscribing to O2 Pay and GoGoGo which only costs £10 a month with "75 mins, 500 texts and 100MB of data for £10 a month, then every 3 months your tariff gets better and better." And I can get the Samsung Galaxy Y from them for £79.99.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 23 Aug 2012, 7:18 pm

I'm with 02 sim only....brilliant and good value Very Happy
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:56 pm

Blakey wrote:
    shaun of the thread wrote: My next one will be a Sony. you get good camera and a massive memory .

You might want to reconsider.

Sony's don't seem to have the reliability to successfully complete a contract any longer than 12 months. Things just stop working. At first you can ignore it, then it gradually gets worse until the phone is virtually unusable.

The software you HAVE to download onto your PC to manage them is nothing other than large, bloaty and slow. You HAVE to use Sony's memory cards, (either own brand or generic), as they do not accept standard micro SD cards.

Samsung Android phones are great, until the onboard memory becomes cluttered with all those 'Apps' you've downloaded. Need to update them? Insufficient memory, even if the memory card is only half full. You cannot migrate the Apps to the memory card, not even to update them.

If your contract is in the region of £35 a month. You have to seriously, seriously consider the iPhone. You can get the 4S free if you ask for it on all networks on that sort of Tariff. And yes, it is that good.

Yes I think my contact Is about £35 pm . Tbh I did look at the I phone but was put off when someone said you have to download everything through itunes , Don't know how true that is. there was a few other things I can't think of at the moment. I was told the new galaxy out was the best on the market at moment , but as I said I hate samsung after being ripped off getting a wave 2 on a two year contract after being told their operating software was the all great "Bada ". It was to be the bees knees with no bugs for security issues & loads of free apps.
    I waited nine months for Bada 2 update hoping it would make it better. Phone been crap since up date , keeps lagging,sticking, & switching off.
    I never had any problems with Sony in past and only use phone to browse net , call , text ,email and check couple hammers sites. All I want is a phone with flash player decent size screen good memory & decent camera, good wifi conection & one that loads quick and don't stick on every page. I don't keep to much in my phone in way of apps or pics . But my phone still slow. I got couple more months left yet so will see what's out then, have herd Sony are bringing a new one out soon so will see.
    Next one I get though I want to be able to watch a live streamed game on it.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:26 am

You don't have to download everything through iTunes. However.....................

You do need to manage your phones content through iTunes. There is the difference.

You can download stuff like music from other sites and then just import it to iTunes, (File> Import File / Folder> Browse). Obviously, this is using your pc as your main point of download.

Why you would want to watch a live streamed game on a phone, regardless of the screen size is beyond me. There are, imo, no phones out there powerful enough to be able to do this with any modicum of success. They'll buffer, stutter and struggle to process the graphics. Even if you can find a phone with a powerful enough processor and sufficient RAM, battery life and Wi-Fi / 3G bandwith will prove to be limited.

Good luck with your search for your mobile Nirvana Very Happy

shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

I was thinking more of that thing, sky on the go. I know you need a certain deal with your provider but have been told it works on the HTC all fine. Its for more when I'm out and not able to get to watch it. like last year a game was on but I booked to go away that weekend , Spoke to sky and they said I could try it for £5Pm if I had flash player . Sadly my phone ain' good enough for u tube at the best if times so no chance of it being good fir that sort if thing, also my phone don't support flash player either.
    Wil see what on market in next couple months.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

Sky Go is fully functional with it's own App on the iPhone.

You don't have to have Flash to use it.

As long as you are a Sky subscriber and it is included in your package, just download the Sky Go App, log in and off you go.

I can highly recommend the iPhone 4S. It will meet your every need and is free on £35 per month tariffs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:44 pm

Argh cool I may go to carphone warehouse over the weekend. What about bluetooth ? Have they added it to the iphone yet ?

Cheers for heads up btw blakey .
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:01 pm

Not yet Shaun , oops yes it does on the latest

Last edited by Admin on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:16 pm

Blakey wrote:Sky Go is fully functional with it's own App on the iPhone.

You don't have to have Flash to use it.

As long as you are a Sky subscriber and it is included in your package, just download the Sky Go App, log in and off you go.

I can highly recommend the iPhone 4S. It will meet your every need and is free on £35 per month tariffs.

I concur with the OAP terroriser. I got the iPhone 4S 16GB from Tesco on-line. O2 24 month contract, Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data (which gives you free unlimited BT Openzone Wi-Fi also), FREE phone. £36 per month. There are other deals below

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:17 pm

shaun of the thread wrote:Argh cool I may go to carphone warehouse over the weekend. What about bluetooth ? Have they added it to the iphone yet ?

My iPhone 4S has Bluetooth and connects beautifully with the Jaaaaaaaaaaaguar !!
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

shaun of the thread wrote:Argh cool I may go to carphone warehouse over the weekend. What about bluetooth ? Have they added it to the iphone yet ?

Yes Shaun, bluetooth is there, it's been there since the 3GS, however, it is very very picky about what it connects to.

If you want to connect to a hands free earpiece, it'll probably do that.

I use a VHF sender with mine though. Plug it in to the bottom of the iPhone & to the lighter socket. Tune your radio in to the frequency of the sender and you can have your music on the car stereo and it'll also act as a hands free. Incoming calls also transmitted to the stereo. Like this one :- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sat 25 Aug 2012, 6:38 pm

Virgin PAYG £9.62 a month 250 mins free, 300 Virgin to Virgin minutes free, 3000 texts and 1gb data. Should be £15 a month but been with them years and threatened to leave. On Galaxy y, so happy with that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 2:22 pm