West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Kray JR
Blakey
manurewa hammer
alfiehammer
8 posters

Egg chasing tomorrow

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Egg chasing tomorrow Empty Egg chasing tomorrow

Post  alfiehammer Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm

Going with dad and youngest brother to twickenham for the first time time. Never been before and not much of a rugby fan but quite looking forward to it. Just saying emot
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Egg chasing tomorrow Empty Re: Egg chasing tomorrow

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:43 am

Nothing wrong with being a Rugby supporter Alfie!
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:27 am

And this is in Transfer News because??
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:50 am

Alfies transferred to egg chasing scratch
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:05 am

iPad, big fingers, wrong forum Blakey. Also I find the emoticons fupp up on my iPad too.

Apparently it's wasps vs harlequins and Saracens vs London Irish. Corporate hospitality so drinks and food included. Might get to meet some players too so expecting a good day of sport. Might stick a few photos on FB if anyone interested emot

Thoughts on ruby: first game finished wasps 40- harlequins 42 and was quite exciting. The second game between lon Irish and Saracens was so boring we left at half time. And that was with free beer.

The fans all sat together. This made for a friendly feel to the atmosphere, but I also suspect meant there was no banter again the opposition fans as they were potentially all around u. Being able to drink beer as u watch was a real treat. Scrums are boring and pointless and the delay between tries being scored and them being confirmed if there was any doubt made the game so slow. I deffo prefer football
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:46 am

Who's Ruby?
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 02 Sep 2012, 2:26 am

Thats what you go and have after the game Stu!
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Who's Ruby?

I don't know her personally but I believe she's not to take her love to town. So the story goes.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm

cheesey grin
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

lol! Very witty Bus dude Very Happy
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm

alfiehammer wrote:iPad, big fingers, wrong forum Blakey. Also I find the emoticons fupp up on my iPad too.

Apparently it's wasps vs harlequins and Saracens vs London Irish. Corporate hospitality so drinks and food included. Might get to meet some players too so expecting a good day of sport. Might stick a few photos on FB if anyone interested emot

Thoughts on ruby: first game finished wasps 40- harlequins 42 and was quite exciting. The second game between lon Irish and Saracens was so boring we left at half time. And that was with free beer.

You missed a belter of a second half, mate... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

Funnily enough we got an idea from the score line it was a good second half. It was funny, as a football fan and football fan only I had started to enjoyed rugby and wondered about expanding my horizons and watching more in future. Then that half time killed it dead. What amazed me more was when we left at half time DROVES of other fans, mainly from the first match admittedly, left to. Surely, as I said to my dad on the packed tube rather too loudly, if your a rugby fan you'd stay and watch the double bill of games? We found it boring, but I would have thought rugby fans might have enjoyed that dull spectacle for reasons that went over us football fans heads? Plus they paid.

It's a nice stadium.

And I still can't w**k out if the non segregation of fans is a good thing. It made for fun stuff like the Mexican waves (the highlight of that first half) but there was a lack of songs and chanting. U can't very well sing stuff like the DNB song if the DNBs are next to u twist
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Sun 09 Sep 2012, 12:22 pm

It's an interesting one, Alfie; what makes watching Rugby a pleasant day out is what is its biggest failing - there's rarely much of an "edge" to it. When I go to watch club Rugby, usually Saracens over at Watford, I'm going as much for the afternoon out and a few beers with mates as I am for the Rugby; a bit like a shorter version of a day at the Cricket. I "support" Saracens 'cos I played for them a couple of times in my late teens and they're the local big club, but I can't say that them losing ruins my week in the way that West Ham losing does (boy have I had a lot of crap weeks....).

I played Rugby for Stevenage for nearly thirty seasons and a played a few seasons of Sunday and after-w**k football, but when the wear and tear meant I couldn't play both, it was an easy choice for me to pack up football, 'cos the buzz of playing Rugby, the adrenaline, was something I couldn't do without and didn't get from football. But when it comes to watching sport, I way prefer football to Rugby for the same reason - there's a buzz to watching football that you rarely get in Rugby. Most of my mates are the same, too; when we packed up playing Rugby, we had a chance to catch up on some Saturday football. It really showed last pre-season, when I ran into 7 or 8 ex-team mates at Stevenage Station and Kings Cross, off to various matches and a couple more I never knew were Hammers in a Plaistow boozer... wine

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 9:32 am