West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
Arran H
Tony P
Charlie Ham
Admin
Campo
9 posters

Noble resolution close

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Noble resolution close Empty Noble resolution close

Post  Campo Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Filed: Saturday, 22nd September 2012
    By: Staff Writer
    West Ham United vice-chair Karren Brady has revealed that midfielder Mark Noble is close to agreeing terms on a new contract.

The 25-year-old midifelder is currently the club's longest-serving player but his current deal, signed in 2009, is set to expire next summer.

At one point during the last transfer window it appeared as if he may be leaving the club after earlier talks had reached a stalement.

However Brady believes that the two parties are on the verge of reaching a deal that will keep Noble at the club for several more years.

"Mark is a proper Hammer, practically born and certainly bred by the club and I’m really pleased he’s about to sign a new contract," she said. "He’s 25 and already played 190 games for us so there has to be a chance of him hitting as many as 500 one day.

"Mark’s a fine midfielder but much more because he’s a giver as well as a taker, always prepared to put himself out, happy to help with anything that connects to the club and our fans. Old-fashioned, I suppose, and I can think of no greater praise."

Brady, speaking in her column for a tabloid newspaper also revealed that Wigan - who travel to West Ham next Tuesday for a third round Capital One Cup clash - have sold just 69 tickets

good get it done Karren clap

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Noble resolution close Empty Re: Noble resolution close

Post  Admin Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:21 am

Wigan have sold 69 tickets , bloody joke of a tin piss pot club , stick to egg chasing Noble resolution close 3725042725
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:49 am

69 is a good number.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

Admin wrote:Wigan have sold 69 tickets , bloody joke of a tin piss pot club , stick to egg chasing Noble resolution close 3725042725

Agreed. They are an embarrassment to the Premier League. Their rugby side would bring more fans to our game !
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 22 Sep 2012, 12:31 pm

A big clap to BFS and S&S for sorting out Noble`s contract , Iam so glad that Noble will sign a new contract and at 25 I feel we may have our very own version Utd`s Scholes and Giggs on our hands scarf
    Its also good see BFS names Noble as captain whenever Nolan is not playing scarf
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Sep 2012, 2:04 pm

Fantastic news, hope they sort it soon......Born to Upton Park, I wouldn't be surprised if he was conceived in the North Bank! Claret and Blue till the end heart

Wigan are a joke!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 23 Sep 2012, 1:50 pm

new 5 yr deal according to the Beeb
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

Just reminding people that this has not happen yet.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:27 pm

he will sign Noble resolution close 149001992
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:46 pm

David Gold ‏@DavidGoldWHU
    Mark Noble should sign a new 5 year contract on Monday.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 23 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

I know it may be unpopular but I am not really that bothered. I could quickly see Noble being out of the first team, to squad and then..... because I believe we will improve during that contract time.

I know the duration will keep him here whilst we need him (a season, little more perhaps) and will also generate some income from a fee, I just hope they have not given him superstar wages for, which he is, an average footballer.

I know he sweats claret and blue, admirable and a very good ambassador for the club and the image of young players-I just hope the contract is realistic.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:01 am

What the spaz said
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 24 Sep 2012, 5:25 pm

tend to agree with Blakey and JDLK.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 30 Sep 2012, 3:43 pm

Mark Noble has admitted the arrival of Andy Carroll and Matt Jarvis helped convince him to sign a new contract at West Ham.

Last week saw Noble end speculation about his future by penning a new three-year deal with the Hammers. The 25-year-old had been in the final year of his previous contract, having spent more than a decade at the club he joined as a schoolboy.
    Noble's time at Upton Park has seen West Ham go through a real rollercoaster of emotions thanks to two relegations, a 'great escape' from the drop, two play-off final triumphs, an FA Cup final and qualification for Europe.
    Throughout all that time, the Hammers never spent £10million on a player, a fact Noble acknowledged concerned him before the club-record £10.75million summer signing of Jarvis and the arrival on loan on Carroll, who could smash that mark if his move is made permanent.
    Noble said: "I remember talking to someone during pre-season and they were saying how big the club is. I know that and everywhere you go in the world there are West Ham fans coming out the woodwork. Our record signing was only £9million so you have a look at stuff like that and think, 'Is that as big as it should be?' I always questioned that.
    "But now we have signed Jarvis and brought in Andy Carroll and top players. To survive in the Premier League that is what you need to do."
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 30 Sep 2012, 4:00 pm

I see a few articles today about Nobes looking to push for an England place, good to see his ambition but he is going to have to step up another couple of levels before that happens
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

Campo wrote:I see a few articles today about Nobes looking to push for an England place, good to see his ambition but he is going to have to step up another couple of levels before that happens

How many levels does he need to step up to be as good as Gareth Barry or Stewart Downing? Just wondering... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 2:15 am