West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
manurewa hammer
Admin
6 posters

Boleyn for sale

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Boleyn for sale Empty Boleyn for sale

Post  Admin Mon 01 Oct 2012, 8:12 am

A favourite matchday watering hole for Hammers’ fans for decades, the Victorian-built Boleyn pub is up for sale, it has emerged.

With the huge imposing pub on Barking Road, just a free kick away from West Ham United’s stadium at Upton Park, comes 10 rooms on upper levels and three flats. The entire property is listed for sale at £395,000 for a 25 year lease.
    Co-owner Raj Bas, 39, said he has put it on the market as his business partner in the Boleyn Tavern Company has decided to cash up and move to Australia.
    Mr Bas currently owns The Cauliflower pub and The General in Ilford. He has had the London Heritage-awarded Boleyn for the last six years.
    The move also comes a time of potential changes of fortune for the area which has already seen a number of pubs closed for economic reasons.
    The football club is seeking a move from its Boleyn Ground home since 1904 to the Olympic Stadium at Stratford with a reduction of its 85,000 seat capacity.
    Three other parties, including Leyton Orient FC and the F1 car race management, also have bids on the table for a long term tenancy of the venue. A decision by the London Legacy Development Corporation is imminent.

Knock it down and take it to Stratford when we move . Sorted
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Boleyn for sale Empty Re: Boleyn for sale

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 02 Oct 2012, 7:20 am

Gidday Geez, yeah, whats the latest goss re the move, seems all quiet.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 02 Oct 2012, 9:56 am

lets start a consortium and buy it Wink wine Boleyn for sale 1746495726 Boleyn for sale 3777063607
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm

It won't survive as a pub if West Ham move on, peeps are already jumping ship and that is so cheap! You wouldn't get a four bed-roomed house in some parts of Essex for that..

It would make a lovely hotel, but who would want to stay off Green Street and the Barking Road?

It's sad
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

Someone with a spare couple of mil could buy it tear it down and rebuild in Stratford stop it being turned In to a moske , the place has history , just the thought of someone yelling five times a day from the towers is painful . Alfie start a collection box dude
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

It's a listed building Geeze, and rightly so.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:59 pm

It won't be changed darlin just moved , let's face it UP is a right shit hole that most peeps wouldnt walk around at night and I have a sneaky feeling it won't get any better. If they don't do anything with the pub if we do move , you can bet your bollicks it will end up in the hands of some unsavory characters
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:09 pm

I have no bollicks to bet with dude, but I catch your drift cheesey grin
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

I always remember going for a walk about with the firm around the UP area after one game (i think it was the last home game of the season and tevez had scored) and having this strange and unsafe feeling. I honestly didn't feel like we was walking around in England, a feeling I never had in England before or since.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 02 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

Its the pits Alfie . I lived down UP in my early yrs , just married nd had a 2 room and kitchen shared he bathroon with 4 other peeps , had our own shit hse . Anyway lived 5 min from the ground and I felt safe walking around there but fcuk me that place has changed for the worse , I bet our leader is lost for words having gerw up there
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 02 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

Have to agree about the place.

If you go over during a week day you have to take your passport.
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Wed 03 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

the only time you see non asians there is when west ham are playing, it is purely an asian area and an absolute shitheap, at a fans forum years ago when pards was boss, the locals apparently moaned to newham council about the club being there and disrupting the local community ffs! we move the area is dead if we stay and yu have the dosh then snap the pub up in a heartbeat if we go it will be worthless and derilict in a year or so.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 2:20 pm