West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
SemiOldIron
manurewa hammer
alfiehammer
7 posters

Morrison back?

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Morrison back? Empty Morrison back?

Post  alfiehammer Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Birmingham want to ditch bad boy Ravel Morrison.

Blues boss Lee Clark has run out of patience with the former Manchester United starlet, less than three months after signing him on a 12-month loan from West Ham.

Frozen out: Ravel Morrison has made just one start for Birmingham City

The 19-year-old has not started a game for the Championship strugglers since the opening day of the season.

Morrison's attitude in training has infuriated Birmingham and they want to terminate the loan agreement immediately.

But Birmingham, West Ham and Morrison have all to agree to the season-long loan agreement being ripped up.

It is believed Hammers want Morrison to remain at St Andrew's until June and are reluctant to terminate the deal, reports the Daily Mirror.

High praise: Morrison was rated the best academy prospect since Paul Scholes

Morrison was unfazed by the latest controversy.

He tweeted: 'Good morning everyone hope use (sic) all have a good day today and ignore the stuff in the paper about me its NOT one bit true : ) xx'

Morrison was rated as the best prospect to emerge from United's academy since Paul Scholes almost two decades ago but his career has been dogged by off the field controversy.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce felt the move was the perfect opportunity for Morrison to rebuild his career before returning to the Premier League club.

Morrison joined West Ham for £1.4m in January 2012, after Ferguson ran out of patience with him.

The United manager decided it was time to show him the door after Morrison admitted two charges of intimidating a witness.

Earlier this year, Morrison was fined £7,000 by the FA for posting a homophobic comment on Twitter.

In August, Morrison was sent home from West Ham’s pre-season tour for emergency dental treatment because his teeth were in such poor condition that up to seven had to be removed.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Morrison back? Empty Re: Morrison back?

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:57 am

Fergie put one over us with Morrison! bastard
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:09 am

Sounds like he has some natural talent but wether a manager can sort him out and get the best out of him is up for debate. As 'bad boys' go, nothing the paper listed was exactly horrific. He's young and can sort himself out, it just doesn't seem like he wants to. Big Sams prrobably a good manager to do this but has better things to do with his time then kick an immature kid up the ass.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

The talent is undoubtedly there, seems he just can't get his head round the behaviour and attitude required to be a professional footballer. One more chance, then unload him - it was worth the punt.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

It's all false apparently.

From Morrison's Twitter feed

Good morning everyone hope use all have a good day today and ignore the stuff in the paper about me its NOT one bit true : ) xx

@EddieHughes2012 they must have better stuff to tell everyone than lie about me all the time :/
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:55 am

Blakey wrote:It's all false apparently.

Good morning everyone hope use all have a good day today and ignore the stuff in the paper about me its NOT one bit true : ) xx

@EddieHughes2012 they must have better stuff to tell everyone than lie about me all the time :/

It's not false that he hasn't had a start since August - something ain't right.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:00 pm

It is the Daily Mail offs.

Believe it when it happens. I do not believe Sam, for a second, cannot handle his sort of insinuated behaviour. Fergie neither-he was moved on, in both cases, because he ain't ready yet-ready for one of the top three clubs in the world, or ready for an essential survival season with us in the Prem. Lee Clark ain't no fool either and will be able to handle any attitude by confronting it.

I feel the ability and hype of the ability is huge-he signed for relative peanuts for a Championship side-you don't let a silk purse go for the price of the pigs ear WHATEVER his attitude. This, he come from Man Utd so must be great can be summed up by two words-Robbie Savage!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:56 pm

alfiehammer wrote:

He tweeted: 'Good morning everyone hope use (sic) all have a good day today and ignore the stuff in the paper about me its NOT one bit true : ) xx'

Blakey wrote:

At last!! cheesey grin
    Morrison back? MoonLanding
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:00 pm

you been waiting a while to post that then jiggs?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

Lol....Is it that obvious? 'Bout time someone got him back twist
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:14 pm

I skip read the initial post but now reread it after Jiggs revenge post! What amazes me (OK it doesn't really) is the Epic Daily Fail even quote the only source - Morrison himself - saying ignore the paper talk. How finguck misguided are journalists, term used loosely, nowadays that they write a story with the only attributable piece being a quote refuting the story?

I don't read the papers, hear the news or watch it anymore-what I see online just beggars belief. When I was at school I contemplated journalism but dismissed it as above me, now I could have a full lobotomy and still do a better job (or worse from an editorial point of view as I wouldn't make up bollicks!)!
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

The lad doesn't stand a chance. Brum are struggling - you can't expect them to start an untried youngster every game. He was on the bench 2 games ago. Talk about give a dog a bad name. If these reports are true then I agree he is in self destruct mode but I think its just lazy journos doing what a lot of people are doing and seeing he hasnt started for a few games making 2+2 = 75.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

As chance would have it, I've recently had some long chats with a life-long ManU supporter and season ticket holder of very long standing, who has a lot of contacts within the club, and we got to talking about Morrison. Word from this guy is that Morrison was seen as the greatest potential talent seen at the club for a very long time, but his attitude to authority and his application to coaching and training were truly awful. He did not respond to encouragement, threats, fatherly-arm-round-the-shoulder, anything. Because of his potential talent he was given chance after chance, but eventually after the incident with Rio's watch SlurAlex had enough. OleRednose is quite pally with BFS, and they worked out the transfer between them - whatever the papers and GaS said or implied, there was virtually no cost to us. Morrison was told it's WHUFC or the door, and BFS agreed to try to knock some sense into him in the forlorn hope that the lad might turn himself round in a different environment. Unfortunately, he brought a load of his mates to London with him, and we know the story from then on.
    I'm just retelling what I was told, could just be pub talk, and I've got no axe to grind either way. To see the lad actually fufill his potential in claret and blue would be fantastic for everyone, but the chances of it happening seem to be getting fainter and fainter, he seems hell-bent on pressing the self-destruct button as far as his career goes. Big pity.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 1:35 am