West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

Rav off the mark

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Rav off the mark Empty Rav off the mark

Post  Admin Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

West Ham's on-loan midfielder Ravel Morrison completed his first ever 90 minutes of competitive first-team football on Saturday.

The 19-year-old midfielder, who is on loan at Birmingham for the season was reinstated to struggling City's first team - for the first time since the beginning of the season - for their 1-1 draw with pace-setters Leicester City at the weekend.

And Blues boss Lee Clark was effusive in his praise of the former Manchester United youngster, who only last week he hailed as a potenital successor to former England star Paul Gascoigne.

"I didn't bring him here not to play, or even to be on the bench, I brought him here to be one of the main players," added Clark. "He can be whatever he wants to be.

"We had a watershed moment a few weeks ago when I had a good chat with him. I sat him down, and said it's the whole package of being a professional footballer. I'm delighted with how he has reacted."

Just a fortnight ago Clark was forced to deny suggestions that he had fallen out with the Enlgand youth international after it was claimed that he wanted to send Morrison back to West Ham.

But he did admit that the player had to be treated with kid gloves at times due to his desire to play and lack of concentration.

"Sometimes he loves the game so much that he gets a little bit disappointed with the decision I make when I don't pick him in the starting X1," added Clark, "and it affects his training performances.

"He's had publicity away from the pitch but I've never seen any of that. I've never had a minute's problem with him away from the football field."

Birmingham took the lead on Saturday in the opening minute of the second half through Peter Lovenkrands and looked to be heading towards their first win in three games - before Leicester's Ben Marshall salvaged a point for the visitors four minutes from the end of normal time.

Former Hammer Jonathan Spector, also currently at Birmingham was sent off in the final minute of the game for a second bookable offence.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let's hope Clark sorts him out then we nick him back in Jan Smile
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Rav off the mark Empty Re: Rav off the mark

Post  Johnny K Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm

There was a humourous rumour on itbs that the reason they had a fall out was because Rav had pissed in LC's swimming pool while his kids were in it - or something along those lines!. It's the sort of rumour you hope is true!
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 25 Oct 2012, 9:37 am

He will now have heard the same message from three different club managements, could it finally be sinking in?
    I'm a natural pessimist, but if Morrison did turn himself round and fulfill his potential it would be a huge bonus for WHUFC.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 1:10 pm