West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
alfiehammer
Campo
Arran H
7 posters

Sam Allardyce Sky Sports Interview

Arran H
    Reserves

Sam Allardyce Sky Sports Interview Empty Sam Allardyce Sky Sports Interview

Post  Arran H Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I for one will put my hand up and admit I did not want Big Sam as Our manager But I can say he has fully won me over with what he has done to the team in the year and half he has been with us clap

We have gone from being a push over team that would just sort give up if we went behind to a team that puts up a fight and never gives up even when losing all thanks to the hard work of Big Sam !

And his signings he makes are always carefuly done etc so we will never see injury prone players sign for us on big deals etc like under Grant and Zola etc.

I really hope the two daves offer Big Sam a 3 year contract because i really do feel that we could become a big club that completes for the euro places in the league year after year in a few years time ..... Plus it seems Big Sam wants to stay with us and enjoys managing us which always helps and he now seems to have good relationship with the fans now scarf

And dont know if it`s just me but when we play the big teams I actually dont think before kick off here we go another big defeat .. i think we can maybe nick something here because of the way we now battle for the ball etc.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Sam Allardyce Sky Sports Interview Empty Re: Sam Allardyce Sky Sports Interview

Post  Campo Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

I would give him just 2 years, with finish place bonus,
    all this giving managers big long contracts i think is a thing of the past, unless you are Newcastle of course
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:59 pm

two or three years, I feel either is deserved. I have felt Sam is a good manager for a while now
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

He has certainly won me over. It is about time we had a team & club to be proud of. The Icelandics plundered all our cash, bought over-the-hill, injury-prone players on long contracts with high wages, just to satisfy their egos. They nearly bankrupted our club. They oversaw the most ridiculous transfer saga of Premier League history with Tevez and Mascherano. We went from most fans' "second team" to a hated team

The new owners made a mistake appointing Avram Grant and we hit rock bottom with relegation. They then pulled a masterstroke in persuading a proven Premier League manager to drop into the Championship and take the reigns at West Ham. Despite our misgivings we actually started playing a brand of football we had not seen for a while....WINNING football. Allardyce himself pulled a masterstroke persuading Kevin Nolan to leave the Premiership with Newcastle and join him at a relegated side. Between the two of them (with a great deal of help financially from the owners) they have transformed our club in just over 12 months

No longer are we a pushover whenever we play away. When I go away now I expect us to be hard to beat and hope for a point at worst. Furthermore, The Boleyn has become a fortress once again and we actually look forward to games - no matter how good the opposition

Allardyce has given us our soul back. Once we are mathematically safe this season he should be offered a new contract. The length of the contract is irrelevant IMO. Sam's ego will dictate that he will not want to fail. He will want to prove everybody outside of our club to be wrong. He will want to "do a Bolton" and defy all the odds to finish consistently in the top 6. He will want to get us into Europe. He will continue to buy astutely by building a squad with a good mix of experience and youth; flair and reliability; leaders and mavericks. Somehow with his captain by his side he will get it all to work seamlessly both on and off the pitch

Long may it continue clap

COYI !!

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:57 am

Well said Tone and aint it about time for " Big Fat Sams Claret & Blue Army " or something along those lines
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:38 pm

Well said Tone and what Geezer said! stupid
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:15 pm

stupid aye add me in to, BFS has done a grand job of making us a club to be proud of again, and the football is pretty good to!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:49 am

Yah....Have to agree

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 10:22 am