West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Cochese
manurewa hammer
Charlie Ham
alfiehammer
Admin
Suzanne Claret
10 posters

Club questions Fans via SAB re OS move

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Club questions Fans via SAB re OS move Empty Club questions Fans via SAB re OS move

Post  Suzanne Claret Sat 26 Jan 2013, 7:45 am

This was emailed to me early yesterday evening; most SAB members had received it on Wednesday. I have to say since joining the SAB email communication with the club has been very poor (shock horror gasp).

At the meeting, it was agreed that Supporter Advisory Board members would consult with the wider supporter base and report back to the club in respect of the following proposed questions:

* Should the club carry out a supporter poll?

* What are the pros and cons of holding a poll?

* If so how should such a poll be executed?

* What questions would supporters like to see asked in such a poll?

* It was generally agreed at the meeting that were a full poll to be carried out that those eligible to vote should be all Corporate Members, Season Ticket Holders and Match attending Academy Members - do you/the supporters you have consulted with agree that this is the correct criteria to qualify?

* What would be required to make a New Stadium West Ham's home? E.g. John Lyall gates, Bobby Moore statue etc.

* What facilities would you like to see at a potential New Stadium?

* If the potential move to the Olympic Stadium did proceed, please provide details of what you would see as a fitting farewell tribute to the Boleyn Ground?

Tell me what you want, after all it was you who put me on the SAB heart
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Club questions Fans via SAB re OS move Empty Re: Club questions Fans via SAB re OS move

Post  Admin Sat 26 Jan 2013, 9:05 am

Cor blimey thats a lot for a saturday moring when I maybe had too much of the amber nectre last night , but I will get bck to you .

Can we take the cardboard towers with us Long Leg
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Club questions Fans via SAB re OS move Empty Re: Club questions Fans via SAB re OS move

Post  alfiehammer Sat 26 Jan 2013, 7:13 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:This was emailed to me early yesterday evening; most SAB members had received it on Wednesday. I have to say since joining the SAB email communication with the club has been very poor (shock horror gasp).

At the meeting, it was agreed that Supporter Advisory Board members would consult with the wider supporter base and report back to the club in respect of the following proposed questions:

* Should the club carry out a supporter poll? Yes.

* What are the pros and cons of holding a poll? Cost money to conduct but gives supporters a voice

* If so how should such a poll be executed? Online and option to have one posted if not computer savvy

* What questions would supporters like to see asked in such a poll? Lots

* It was generally agreed at the meeting that were a full poll to be carried out that those eligible to vote should be all Corporate Members, Season Ticket Holders and Match attending Academy Members - do you/the supporters you have consulted with agree that this is the correct criteria to qualify? Or supporters who previously attended matches but haven't last few years.

* What would be required to make a New Stadium West Ham's home? E.g. John Lyall gates, Bobby Moore statue etc. both of those. Claret and blue seats. A good local pub(s) nearby. Supporters club and club shop, museum. Stands called the bobby Moore/Trevor brooking/Geoff hurst/billy bonds stand.

* What facilities would you like to see at a potential New Stadium? see above. Lots of cash machines.

* If the potential move to the Olympic Stadium did proceed, please provide details of what you would see as a fitting farewell tribute to the Boleyn Ground? Lots of fireworks and auction bits of the stadium off to fans and money donated to bobby Moore cancer research.

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Sun 27 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

Sue "What questions would supporters like to see asked in such a poll?"

Alfie "Lots"

*shakes head and wonders what is wrong with the youth of today*
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm

the others questions I answered more or less seriously (the only one so far), and if I think of anything specific then I'll add or edit it but I wasn't going to come up with 30 or so generic questions on behalf of west ham untied, they can hire a PR type person to do that. Thrilled to be called youth, but 30 in a couple of months and getting a worrying amount of grey hairs doh

1) how much does the thought of a running tracking deter you (1 totally 5 unconcerned)

1-2-3-4-5

2) how much does the thought of ground sharing deter you (1 totally 5 unconcerned)

1-2-3-4-5

3) How would you most likely travel to the game?

4) How would you feel about a sanctioned standing area?

5) How would you feel about a designated signing area?

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 27 Jan 2013, 8:20 pm

Sue,

Before voting or answering questions don't you think we ought to know what the interior of the stadium is going to look like and how far away from the pitch the closest supporter will be?

Last edited by Charlie Ham on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 27 Jan 2013, 9:14 pm

Suz,
    Do you anticipate overseas supporters getting a chance to have say as well?
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Sue,

Before voting or answering questions don't you think we ought to know what the interior of the stadium is goint to look like and how far away from the pitch the closest supporter will be?

That is the plan Charlie, Karren did talk of a OS tour and a power-point presentation too all fans eligable to vote. She has asked for SAB members to help with this.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:32 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:Suz,

I very much doubt it MH, not unless like Geezer you are a memeber and have attended a game this season.

Last edited by Suzanne Claret on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:33 pm

I dont think Arsenal or Man City fans were asked if the wanted to move, at least West Ham are making an effort to involve us.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:48 pm

Yes

* It was generally agreed at the meeting that were a full poll to be carried out that those eligible to vote should be all Corporate Members, Season Ticket Holders and Match attending Academy Members - do you/the supporters you have consulted with agree that this is the correct criteria to qualify?

* What would be required to make a New Stadium West Ham's home? E.g. John Lyall gates, Bobby Moore statue etc.
    Bobby Moore Statue

A proper supporters club next door

* If the potential move to the Olympic Stadium did proceed, please provide details of what you would see as a fitting farewell tribute to the Boleyn Ground?
    Has to be a game of some sort with only West Ham invited . Upton park is too small so it would have to be Wemberly .

Thats all I can come up with for now , will add more later . When does this have to be in Mrs Mason ?
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:05 pm

They asked if they should have a poll...with a poll?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:11 pm

I have already answered the questions via a mate of mine who is also on the SAB
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm

Tony P wrote:I have already answered the questions via a mate of mine who is also on the SAB

Is it a secret Tone ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

Admin wrote:
    Tony P wrote:I have already answered the questions via a mate of mine who is also on the SAB

Is it a secret Tone ?

No. Why?
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:00 pm

Think geezers hinting u should share ya answers on here if they aren't secret dude hatsoff
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:14 pm

alfiehammer wrote:Think geezers hinting u should share ya answers on here if they aren't secret dude hatsoff

I know ! hatsoff
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 1:37 am

Yes

the pros are you find out what the supporters really think and its your opportunity to show you listen to the fans. The club becomes a little more transparent, we start to move towards being a club for the people again.
    The cons are that you might not like what you see in teh results, the results could be misinterpreted. Also it means having to listen to what the fans want, if you then feel compelled to go along with what the fans want essentially you are letting the average Joe dictate what goes on at the club, which doesn't fill me with confidence when half of the fans struggle to balance a mortgage with cable tv and yet they want to be a bigger part of the clubs decions. You also have to factor in the cost of a poll and also the logistics and turnout of a poll to indicate just how worthwhile the poll is.

Online combined with a mailing option

if Karen Brady entertains at stag parties? (Probably my own question)
    What will happen to the Bolynn ground if we move?
    If we move would the fans prefer lower ticket prices?
    Is there any future opportunities for fans to own a part of the club?

Yes

Bobby Moore Statue - Nothing else really needs doing as it would be in the Olympic park which is pretty groovy anyway!

supporters club, the usual food joints, maybe something gearing up to the American style of things with an entertainments zone, something with a bit of interactivity.....Barcelona allow you to have photos with a replica champions league trophy etc why cant we do something like that with the playoff trophy or the FA cup we won etc, a fan zone where they can comment on a game and have the recording put on dvd for them to take home etc

Maybe a legends game......with a West Ham celebrity fan 11......Would love to see Dicks go up against Jeremy Kyle!!!!!

Well that's me involved.....Cherry pick what you like
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:57 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:

I very much doubt it MH, not unless like Geezer you are a memeber and have attended a game this season.

Ok, thats a bit sad, but i accept the reason. Maybe i will pm you my thoughts on the move.
    Cheers
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:This was emailed to me early yesterday evening; most SAB members had received it on Wednesday. I have to say since joining the SAB email communication with the club has been very poor (shock horror gasp).

They have to, but I wouldn't expect them to be held to it.

However it's done, there's the possibility of unfair weighting form either side. There is just the outside chance that the supporters may not know what's best for the club, just what's best for them (us).

As professionally as possible, with one person one vote via a number of methods - even small Unions can make use of the Electoral Reform Society, so perhaps we could

Just "Do you want to move?", everything else can be covered in the debate

I agree with that, but I would like to see wider voices being allowed to contribute to the debate

Every effort has to be made to make it home; we can't play at a neutral stadium. Whilst I can't see it happening, the most important aspect would to allow non-corporate traders, such as *ahem* Cass Pennant, OLAS and the various front garden vendors to trade outside.

If the above can't happen, a very serious suggestion would be shuttle buses from Green Street to the stadium, allowing street traders and pubs to be the hub of the match day experience for home fans. I can't think of anything worse than for every home game to be like a day out at Wembley

Anything but bloody Heineken and MuckDonalds

The ritual burning of Millwall fans in a giant Wicker Man

MombasaHammer
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  MombasaHammer Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:25 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:

If overseas supporters have season tickets and have attended matches they should naturally be entitled to vote.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:37 pm

Closed.

Just emailed my report, thanks for your input.

Over and out twist

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 5:44 am