West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Johnny K
Geezer
Suzanne Claret
7 posters

SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb - ‘Match day Experience’ focus group.

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb - ‘Match day Experience’ focus group. Empty SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb - ‘Match day Experience’ focus group.

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:52 pm

I will be attending an SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb as part of the ‘Match day Experience’ focus group.

The thing that drives me up the wall about ‘match days’ are the concession stands.
    - Running out of bottled water by half-time when it was 40degrees in the BML against Villa at the start of the season.
    - The goring opening at 13:30 for a 15:00 kick off yet none of the hot food is ready.
    - Closing just after half-time so you can’t get a coffee when its -2.

What do you want to see changed? What drives you mad? What should be included that isn’t and what has been included in the match day experience which you think should be removed immediately.

I will pass on all of your thoughts even if I don’t agree with them, just like a did with the OS questions, unless you say that music should be played after a goal is scored!!!
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb - ‘Match day Experience’ focus group. Empty Re: SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb - ‘Match day Experience’ focus group.

Post  Geezer Thu 07 Feb 2013, 3:15 pm

The concession stands are a joke with the beer thats been standing for half hour before the half time whistle and therefor completly flat , some of the food is a joke as well , needs to have a serious look into .
    More help outside the ground for people who have a problem with the swip card , like I and 2/300 had for the first game of the season , not excepted in this day and age .
    And if Man spew are going to charge way over the top for the away fans then so should West Ham or a sum is agreed on for all prem clubs
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb - ‘Match day Experience’ focus group. Empty Re: SAB meeting on Thursday 28 Feb - ‘Match day Experience’ focus group.

Post  Johnny K Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

One thing I'd like to see changed, Su, is when you send an e-mail to the club regarding specific match day ticket information that they don't just send you a standard reply referring you to the web page where you found the confusing info in the first place.

I can't even get to the matchday experience yet!
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:09 pm

JK, I'll pass that onto the relevant focus group...
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:17 pm

food ............. too expensive and shit .....

and

i would like to see the clock continue during injury time ... or at least on the big screens
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:19 pm

Ok Dude...
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm

and get the fans in seats t3 and t4 west side lower to turn up before the game starts
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:08 pm

I'd like to see the club create an official standing area...I round other premier league chairmen are looking into following recent hillsbrough developments. Providing its done sensibly I'd love to have a terrace experience. WH Flag
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:34 pm

Concession stands for me Su..........as it has been for over 10 years. But it doesn't matter how many surveys they send out it NEVER gets any better
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

1. The food stalls in the concourse are a joke. I have queued up for the whole of half-time on occasions, only to get to the front and be told they have no hot food left - can someone not shout this out to the waiting throngs so we can go back to our seats ready for the second half? They also seem to have 2 or 3 staff serving hordes of people and 4 or 5 staff standing around doing nothing but having a chat and a laugh with each other? Infuriating when so many people want to get served in a short space of time. Also the food was great last season, possibly the best it's been in 20 years, but has gone massively downhill this year.

2. Please don't let anyone get rid of Jeremy Nicholas again - the announcements and PA experience were utterly dreadful and embarrassing when they did that a few years back.

3. One gripe I have is regarding away fans' allocation - how can Man Utd get away with giving us just over 1,000 tickets for the away league game at Old Trafford in a capacity stadium of 70,000, that's 1.5% of their stadium. When they come down for the league game, we'll probably give them nearly 3,000 seats - 8.5% of our stadium. In my opinion, if they give us such a small percentage of their ground (and tuck us out of the way up in the Gods for good measure) we should give them the same percentage of ours, which would be the equivalent of 525 tickets for visiting Man Utd fans - see how they like that.

4. Not sure if the programme comes under the remit of matchday experience Su, but it is extremely poor - persistent factual and statistical errors EVERY game, intolerably poorly written and edited and glaring basic mistakes (such as not updating the awayday information for the Arsenal game in the QPR programme - they simply totally rehashed their previous copy which informed us all that there may be Boxing Day problems on public transport - this was three weeks after Boxing Day and was the very reason the match was postponed in the first place!). I would very gladly offer my services, as an English graduate and a current Head of Media in education, to proofread/edit the programme and website, which is also similarly poor for exactly the same reasons.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 5:09 am