West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

New signing from Bolton?

Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

New signing from Bolton? Empty New signing from Bolton?

Post  Stevenage Dave Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:57 am

Picked up the following:

Staying with his 'scouting' policy, rumour has it that Sam Allardyce is lining-up another former Bolton player, the Late Nat Lofthouse.

We are told Sam said, "I like signing former Bolton and Newcastle players, because I've heard of them and I already know their names. I made an exception with Joe Cole, because his picture is up at the Boleyn so I felt like I knew him AND I'd heard of him. Imagine my delight, then, when I found that Bolon legend Nat Lofthouse was out of contract; he used to play for Bolton, I'd heard of him and he's available on a free!". Asked if Mr Lofthouse's death 2 years ago at the age of 85 made it a risky signing, he replied "Not at all, he's a proven goalscorer, he's only a couple of years older than Jussi and he's still quicker than Carlton Cole. I'm sure Kevin Nolan can bring the best out of him, he's a great motivator"

Asked if he ever planned to sign anyone not from Bolton or Newcastle, he was adamant his policy was correct, "Look, I signed that bloke Maiga; I never heard of him and he'd never even been to Bolton, not even to the B&Q there, so it was sort of doomed from the start. Okay, he seems to put the ball in the back of the net when I give him a chance, but anything he scored would of been scored better by an ex-Bolton lad and really, he was just stopping ex-Bolton lads from scoring, so I keep him out of way now."

A club insider commented "Another ex-Bolton? Bollocks, it's costing us a fortune in Tripe already..."
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

New signing from Bolton? Empty Re: New signing from Bolton?

Post  Tony P Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:34 am

Never a truer word spoken in jest. After rejecting us in the summer, 34 year old ex-Bolton left back/winger Ricardo Gardner is on trial with us. He played 64 mins for the Development Squad the other night in the 0-1 defeat to Southampton

Unbelievable
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:24 pm

I guess he's just an emergency back up.

Very witty as always dave rofl
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 17 Feb 2013, 1:25 pm

I only ever knew one person from Bolton...Freckled faced, orangutan looking ginger slag, masculine toned voice, mouth like a blocked drain regurgitating shit. She went back to Bolton, only place for them IMO......

cheesey grin @ Dave

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 17 Feb 2013, 2:11 pm

What happened to calling them notlob emot
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

[quote="Stevenage Dave"]Picked up the following:

Staying with his 'scouting' policy, rumour has it that Sam Allardyce is lining-up another former Bolton player, the Late Nat Lofthouse.

We are told Sam said, "I like signing former Bolton and Newcastle players, because I've heard of them and I already know their names. I made an exception with Joe Cole, because his picture is up at the Boleyn so I felt like I knew him AND I'd heard of him. Imagine my delight, then, when I found that Bolon legend Nat Lofthouse was out of contract; he used to play for Bolton, I'd heard of him and he's available on a free!". Asked if Mr Lofthouse's death 2 years ago at the age of 85 made it a risky signing, he replied "Not at all, he's a proven goalscorer, he's only a couple of years older than Jussi and he's still quicker than Carlton Cole.

rofl

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm