West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Toosdee Moaning Fred

Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Toosdee Moaning Fred Empty Toosdee Moaning Fred

Post  Blakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:34 am

Moaning peeps.

2nd of 2 days off, (enforced), after being involved in a serious accident on Sunday.

No physical injuries to me or any of my passengers but the woman who tried to cut across in front of me, (and failed, spectacularly), had to be cut free from her car & taken to hospital.

I was in the inside lane, just before a pedestrian crossing when she hit me as she moved from Lane 2 to Lane 1.

She then speared off up the pavement, between traffic lights & missed all the other road furniture and slammed into a wall at full speed without braking.

An Ambulance Fast Responder car, Ambulance, 2 x Fire Engines and 5 Police cars were on scene at one point. The A64 had to be reduced to 1 lane whilst she was cut out and the building surveyor assessed the damage to the building.

CCTV from the Pub & from the bus has made it perfectly clear that there was absolutely nothing I could have done to avoid the accident but it still goes round in your head. Hence having a couple of days off.

And then to top it off I get sacked as manager of Reading yesterday, pft, wankers. Toosdee Moaning Fred Mini-wink-glasses

Last edited by Blakey on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To remove photographs)
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Toosdee Moaning Fred Empty Re: Toosdee Moaning Fred

Post  Admin Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:50 am

Morning Bus dude and any that follow . Sorry to hear about your accident glad your ok but it does cause problems other than physical .
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 11:05 am

This all happened in seconds at 40 MPH
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:12 pm

There,s is a hell of a lot of people out there that really need to brush up on there driving skills , I have noticed this even more since I bought my Harley , there is not a week that goes by that I need to do the thinking for some other moron who is either on his mobil ( which is still legal over here ) or just not paying enough attention to whats happening around him/her .
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:16 pm

Glad you are okay Blakey dude hugsmiley

She should have to pay for all the emergency services that turned up to cut her out and cart her off.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:36 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:Glad you are okay Blakey dude hugsmiley

She should have to pay for all the emergency services that turned up to cut her out and cart her off.

Bit shaken but ok now.

The police have said it will be a very large insurance claim. She will be billed for the emergency services, loss of revenue from the bus, my wages for 2 days, and the building stabalisation work, i.e. propping it up and making it safe again. Plus loss of trade from the shop.

Apparently the brickwork on the inside of the building has shifted by about a foot.

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:52 pm

....by a foot!!

How fast was she going Evil or Very Mad
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:17 pm

Blakey wrote:

Bit shaken but ok now.

The police have said it will be a very large insurance claim. She will be billed for the emergency services, loss of revenue from the bus, my wages for 2 days, and the building stabalisation work, i.e. propping it up and making it safe again. Plus loss of trade from the shop.

Apparently the brickwork on the inside of the building has shifted by about a foot.

glad to hear you are ok bus dude, she must have been bloody shifting to cause that sort of damage
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:24 pm

It's a 40MPH 3 lane carriageway

Toosdee Moaning Fred A641w

She hit me on or about the white line for the crossing. I was in lane 1, she was in Lane 2. Lane 1 until just before the crossing is a Bus Lane.

The big white building is a pub, she hit the white wall beyond it having mounted the pavement between the traffic lights, missing a bin and a wooden pole.

At no time did her brake lights come on.

I estimate she hit the wall at between 30 & 35 mph.

The drivers airbag failed to go off, however the passenger side did. Her seatbelt pretensioners did fire.

The rear seats of the Vauxhall Agila were folded flat and there was lots of "stuff" piled high in the rear. She is extremely lucky nothing shot forward and hit her on the back of the head.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:33 pm

Sounds like she hit the gas and panicked, unless she had a heart attack / stroke which caused her to drive like that.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:59 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:Sounds like she hit the gas and panicked, unless she had a heart attack / stroke which caused her to drive like that.

No sign of illness when I pried the drivers door open. She was wailing about fire, her ribs etc. Quite normal under the circumstances.

Ignition isolated and calmed her down until emergency services arrived.

Collision investigation team were going to examine the vehicle once it was able to be removed from the wall. I.E. once the building had been stabalised.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 12 Mar 2013, 4:52 pm

as Suz says, could be a case of stamping on the gas instead of the stopper
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 6:26 pm

Campo wrote:as Suz says, could be a case of stamping on the gas instead of the stopper

Or clutch
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 13 Mar 2013, 9:06 am

Blakey wrote:
    Campo wrote:as Suz says, could be a case of stamping on the gas instead of the stopper

Or clutch

It was a woman they don't use them hatsoff Long Leg

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 7:52 am