West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Admin
manurewa hammer
Johnny K
TaniaP
shaun of the thread
alfiehammer
10 posters

match of the day running order

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

match of the day running order Empty match of the day running order

Post  alfiehammer Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:23 pm

Running order for tonight's programme.
    ◾️1. Sunderland v Man Utd
    ◾️2. Southampton v Chelsea
    ◾️3. Swansea v Tottenham
    ◾️4. Arsenal v Reading
    ◾️5. Wigan v Norwich
    ◾️6. Man City v Newcastle
    ◾️7. West Ham v West Brom
    ◾️8. Everton v Stoke

angry2 match of the day running order 3725042725 confu Suspect Viking
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

match of the day running order Empty Re: match of the day running order

Post  shaun of the thread Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm

Nothing new there then. I usually mange to get a stream and watch it then. (that was partly to do with MOTD coverage only being the last 5 mins.) Also , you can't watch football first match choice on virgin media's sky sports, only game of the day.
    So now I just watch it on my tablet , I use hammers tv and never have a problem. emot
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:22 am

How was Sunderland v Man Utd, with 1 own goal, the best match of the day?

BBC biased tossers 😠
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:33 am

Over here on Canal+, unless we are the main match, I've begun to notice they show goals & highlights from all the other PL games & just say what our score is. 3rd time it's happened today. Thankfully had a good stream for the whole match.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:40 am

Delayed coverage here. Started at 8am (sunday). Beautiful!, enjoyed the game with my bacon&Eggs and a coffee! Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:00 am

TaniaP wrote:How was Sunderland v Man Utd, with 1 own goal, the best match of the day?

BBC biased tossers 😠

politically as well Laughing
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:55 pm

TaniaP wrote:How was Sunderland v Man Utd, with 1 own goal, the best match of the day?

BBC biased tossers 😠

Same it the wigan game, why show that before us? I guess it can only be to do with the fight at the top & bottom of the league.

Now if that means they don't show us much, then I will be more than happy to watch a dodgy stream. Least we stay in the prem.

I can't wait untill we get taken over by some rich Russian and we are then the new Chelsea or Man city, every game will be on tv & the best bit will be when Hanson is sat there dribbling over us. (Wow, how peoples opinions will change .)

RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:30 pm

shaun of the thread wrote:I can't wait untill we get taken over by some rich Russian and we are then the new Chelsea or Man city, every game will be on tv & the best bit will be when Hanson is sat there dribbling over us. Wow, how peoples opinions will change
    Do you know what, I'd rather be owned by a couple of slightly dodgy geezers who apear to understand West Ham and bugger MOTD. Smile
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:35 pm

stupid
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:56 pm

RichB wrote:
    shaun of the thread wrote:I can't wait untill we get taken over by some rich Russian and we are then the new Chelsea or Man city, every game will be on tv & the best bit will be when Hanson is sat there dribbling over us. Wow, how peoples opinions will change
    Do you know what, I'd rather be owned by a couple of slightly dodgy geezers who apear to understand West Ham and bugger MOTD. Smile
    yeah that
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Sun 31 Mar 2013, 11:58 pm

mottinghammer wrote:
    RichB wrote:
    yeah that

So you telling me , 'you wouldn't be happy if we got taken over '. ?
    The fact is you need money in this game now, just to survive or have any chance to compete. We have spent most of our lives watchin our team playing catch up and being a feeder club to "bigger clubs" .isn't it about time we managed to see a decent player in C&B again ? Not just some loan singing or someone who used to be good , but wants one more big pay day before retiring.
    We have just been given the right's to play at a state of the art stadium, don't you want to go there and watch the world's best players playing for us ? I'm sure DG&DS knows it will take more money than they can/ want to put in to us, so we can compete with the top teams. ( you would have to look at the bony deal to see wage demands will stop us signing top draw players like that. )I know you will probs say, 'its a big risk spending that sort of money, when we are not sure if we will still be in the prem. But investment would mean we wouldn't have to worry about that side of things. Lets face it, if we were to go in to the OS as we are now , we will be a laughing stock. Imo the 2 Dave's can't wait to cash in . As for being labeled a plastic fan, well , we all know that we have followed the club through thick & thing, highs & lows, whats to say we won't get that label through havin the OS anyway.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:15 am

shaun of the thread wrote:
    mottinghammer wrote:
    RichB wrote:
    yeah that

The fact is you need money in this game now, just to survive or have any chance to compete. We have spent most of our lives watchin our team playing catch up and being a feeder club to "bigger clubs" .isn't it about time we managed to see a decent player in C&B again ? Not just some loan singing or someone who used to be good , but wants one more big pay day before retiring.
    We have just been given the right's to play at a state of the art stadium, don't you want to go there and watch the world's best players playing for us ? I'm sure DG&DS knows it will take more money than they can/ want to put in to us, so we can compete with the top teams. ( you would have to look at the bony deal to see wage demands will stop us signing top draw players like that. )I know you will probs say, 'its a big risk spending that sort of money, when we are not sure if we will still be in the prem. But investment would mean we wouldn't have to worry about that side of things. Lets face it, if we were to go in to the OS as we are now , we will be a laughing stock. Imo the 2 Dave's can't wait to cash in . As for being labeled a plastic fan, well , we all know that we have followed the club through thick & thing, highs & lows, whats to say we won't get that label through havin the OS anyway.
    I think the Daves will still pur their passion and money into the club.They will of course want some more shareholding to come in but no way do we want an ARMANDALEGOVICH!

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 01 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

mottinghammer wrote:
    RichB wrote:
    yeah that

I dont mind west ham having a well off owner, in fact i think its hard to be a premiership club without one, but when a club like city become one of the biggest clubs overnight out of nowhere its just a joke. Nice wealthy owner yes, a owner who throws shed loads into us no thanks. imho
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:09 pm

If someone wants to give us millions, it would be welcome. Give, being the operative word-well, invest with no guarantee of return.

If they are 'loans' then we see problems stability wise, long term. It's always been a rich man's plaything, it's just the factor has changed enormously.

The Dave's have thrown shit-loads of money into the club, saved it and will possibly move it on now-I think that would be their wisest move. Got to accept, the richest people in the world are not British factory owners (thanks Maggie-discuss) and very few people actually have the £100m+ to buy a medium sized team such as West Ham then invest to make it stronger and a contender for Europe. Dave's haven't got that sort of money so like it or lump it, we need someone who has to allow us to hold on, let alone progress.

With the OS we are prime for re-investment now and I am pretty sure it will come, and from abroad. DG is old and won't risk his family money further. Time to cash in in the next 5 years or less..
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:56 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    mottinghammer wrote:
    RichB wrote:
    yeah that

The fact is you need money in this game now, just to survive or have any chance to compete. We have spent most of our lives watchin our team playing catch up and being a feeder club to "bigger clubs" .isn't it about tim8e we managed to see a decent player in C&B again ? Not just some loan singing or someone who used to be good , but wants one mores big pay day before retiring.

I dont mind west ham having a well off owner, in fact i think its hard to be a premiership club without one, but when a club like city become one of the biggest clubs overnight out of nowhere its just a joke. Nice wealthy owner yes, a owner who throws shed loads into us no thanks. imho

Well I guess everyone is entitled to say what they would like for the club in the future.
    Imo, we have 2 very well off owners now, although I am very grateful for what they have done for the club, I don't honestly think they can take us to the next level . It is going to need someone with more money than sense to move us forward and compete with the top 4 on a regular basis. I believe one of the reasons DG&DS bought the club and put so much work in to getting the Os , was purely for the sell on value at the end. They have alredy said," if the right person come in for the club it would be hard to resist."
    Now all I'm saying is, I can't wait for someone, anyone ,to invest in the club and take us forward. I didn't say they had to be stupid with their money, but I do want us to have top class players & hold on to them, I do want to see the club go on and win things, also would love to see us trying to compete for European football. The only way that will happen , is if there is investment made in the club.

How many times have you watched the transfer deadline day hoping to get a' decent goal scorer or a good creative midfielder, only to end up with a past it loan signing ? Cause the player opted to go else where. Do you honestly believe " just the Olympic stadium" is enough for a top player to take a wage cut or come here on loan , just for the privilege of playing there. ? With out major investment, we risk looking the same as Orient would of looked like in there, ( massive state of the art stadium, little club, no fans attending due to style of football ).
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 02 Apr 2013, 7:15 am

What G&S actually said was that if an investor came along to JOIN THEM by investing in the club they would welcome it. David Gold said at the OS press conference that their plan was to own/run the club until they died and to pass it on to their children

Which part of all of that do you not understand?
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 02 Apr 2013, 7:40 am

Well said Tone, hatsoff I totally agree
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Tue 02 Apr 2013, 10:44 am

Tony P wrote:What G&S actually said was that if an investor came along to JOIN THEM by investing in the club they would welcome it. David Gold said at the OS press conference that their plan was to own/run the club until they died and to pass it on to their children

Sounds pretty clear to me. And so far there is no evidence to do anything other than believe what they say. Despite the press rhetoric they have been perfectly straight in their dealings with West Ham. stupid
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Tue 02 Apr 2013, 12:53 pm

Tony P wrote:What G&S actually said was that if an investor came along to JOIN THEM by investing in the club they would welcome it. David Gold said at the OS press conference that their plan was to own/run the club until they died and to pass it on to their children

I understand it all Tony, but just because they say they will do all that, don't mean it's true. Also if you read what I said, it was ,"I don't think the 2 Daves have or will put the sort of money we need into the club, & I wouldn't mind, or I see we are in a very good posistion to be taken over by someone who has got the funds to take us to the next level."

So if your so sure they are not going to 'sell anytime soon & it is going to be kept in the family' , why was it such a big issue in the bidding for the Os? " That should they sell in the future, the the government will take a % of the sale of the club.

The end of the day I believe we will have new owners within 5 years, I'm not saying I'm In the know or nothing, but its my opinion. You have yours and believe what you want to. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 11:26 am