West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

West Ham`s end of season awards.....

Arran H
    Reserves

West Ham`s end of season awards..... Empty West Ham`s end of season awards.....

Post  Arran H Sun 05 May 2013, 8:16 am

It`s that time of year again , Who get`s your vote ?
    Here`s my choice:
    Signing of the season
    Diame or Carroll
    Save of the season
    Jaaskelainen v Newcastle 11th Nov against Ba
    Best team performance
    The 3-1 win against chelsea or maybe the 2-2 draw in the fa cup against Man Utd
    Best individual performance
    Collins or J.Cole against Man Utd in the 2-2 fa cup draw
    Goal of the season
    Diame`s goal against Utd inthe recent 2-2 draw against Utd or Carroll`s 2nd against west brom
    Hammer of the year & Runner up
    Reid as the winner and Diame as runner up
    Young Hammer of the year & Runner up
    Potts as winner and maybe Tombides as runner up for beating his illness and playing again
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

West Ham`s end of season awards..... Empty Re: West Ham`s end of season awards.....

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 05 May 2013, 10:10 am

You will get no arguments from me mate! Very Happy
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham`s end of season awards..... Empty Re: West Ham`s end of season awards.....

Post  Dan C Tue 07 May 2013, 7:34 pm

Signing of the season
    Andy Carroll - a player fresh from scoring a cracker for England in the Euros signing for a newly-promoted club was a real coup. I remember genuine excitement when news broke on the official website that balmy summer's evening. When he's played, we've looked good and functioned well as an attacking unit. When he hasn't (December and January), we've looked below par. He's been a breath of fresh air and, for a loan player, has really cared and endeared himself to the crowd. I just hope that he's the signing of NEXT season too...
    Save of the season
    Jaaskelainen v Gareth Bale (Tottenham) - Jussi took some real stick off me up until this game. I have to say he's been great since and I have started to warm to him. This save from Bale was tremendous.
    Best team performance
    The 3-0 win against Fulham - Carroll's debut, 1-0 up within two minutes and 3-0 up by half-time in only our third game of the season, and one of many clean sheets this season. We were back!
    Best individual performance
    Diame against Chelsea in the 3-1 win. 1-0 down at half-time, on comes the previously fatigued and rested Diame, within 45 minutes we'd beaten the reigning European Champions 3-1. Diame encapsulated the term 'carrying the fight', rounded off with a wonderful low drive.
    Goal of the season
    Carroll`s second against West Brom - wasn't at this game myself due to a good mate's wedding, but the technique was superb, and on his weaker foot too.
    Hammer of the year
    Kevin Nolan - not everyone's choice I would imagine but our fantastic start, which has gone so far to almost guaranteeing our safety, was so much down to him. The winner on the opening day, the opener early on against Fulham, an injury-time leveller against Sunderland, one against Southampton, the winner at Newcastle - of our 18 points from our first 11 games, he'd helped us land nine of them. His clincher when we needed it against Wigan ensured victory in a key game too - without those points, in hindsight, we'd be down there in the mix. He has offered Premier League experience throughout and his leadership is fantastic. The players look up to him and he has fostered a team spirit, on and off the pitch, where there are no cliques and no obviously unhappy players. Contrast that to the leadership style of Matthew Upson or Nigel Reo-Coker in recent years - for his all-round contribution this season, the skipper is my Hammer of the Year.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 08 May 2013, 8:16 am

Nolan should get the "Players player of the year" award, which i think he will.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 6:42 am