West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+11
Kray JR
alfiehammer
Cochese
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Campo
manurewa hammer
Blakey
SemiOldIron
Nicki
Tony P
RichB
15 posters

Any News on Allardyce's Contract?

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Any News on Allardyce's Contract? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any News on Allardyce's Contract?

Post  Campo Sat 11 May 2013, 7:41 pm

I reckon the spuds will be all over him
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Any News on Allardyce's Contract? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any News on Allardyce's Contract?

Post  RichB Sat 11 May 2013, 11:07 pm

I never nought I thought id hear myself say it but I'm very pleased with that. clap

Andy Carroll next, hen get Diame signed up and a Mcmanaman would be good too, wasn't he the bloke who did some career ending tackle? That really would cement our place in the minds of the journalists!!,
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 12 May 2013, 4:51 am

I'm glad Sam has been rewarded with a new contract... but am I alone in feeling the poor bloke has been a little bit hard done by as it doesn't actually take him up till us moving into the OS???

Would it really have been a bit of bad business to give him a contract that gives him the job to lead us out at the OS?

Not saying anything in life is guaranteed... but getting us out of the Chimps at the first ask... keeping us up in the first season.. if he then went on and kept us in the Prem until 2016-17 then surely it would be a bit of shitty move not to give him the opportunity to be the first manager at a big stadium.

Not saying if we're still up in the Prem that he wouldn't be given a new contract..

just seems to me that a three year deal would have been the decent thing to do.

Thought?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 12 May 2013, 9:15 am

I would imagine that he has been given a 2 year contract with an option to extend it depending on our league position at the time. If all parties are happy with the way things are going I feel sure that Sam would want to be our manager for our first season at the Olympic Stadium in 2016 and vice versa from the owners
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 12 May 2013, 2:29 pm

It`s now on the official website : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And Going by what David Gold says the feeling around the training ground is the best it`s been for a long time which can only be good for the near future !
    Maybe with this new deal with Addidas we may just be able to afford Andy Carroll aswell !?!?
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 12 May 2013, 6:00 pm

lets hope so Arran scarf
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Mon 13 May 2013, 5:56 am

Arran H wrote:
    Maybe with this new deal with Addidas we may just be able to afford Andy Carroll aswell !?!?

Why would a deal with Adidas to supply our kit make any difference as to whether we could afford to sign Carroll?

Sometimes peoples logic process really baffles me
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 13 May 2013, 6:59 am

Blakey wrote:
    Arran H wrote:

Why would a deal with Adidas to supply our kit make any difference as to whether we could afford to sign Carroll?

There is some logic to Arran's statement. The Premier League financial fair play rules mean that clubs can only pay out (on wages etc) a percentage of the income they generate. The kit deal with Adidas may be lucrative enough to pay for Andy Carroll's wages etc

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 13 May 2013, 2:30 pm

[quote="Tony P"]
    Blakey wrote:
    Arran H wrote:

There is some logic to Arran's statement. The Premier League financial fair play rules mean that clubs can only pay out (on wages etc) a percentage of the income they generate. The kit deal with Adidas may be lucrative enough to pay for Andy Carroll's wages etc

[/quote

That's what I assumed Arran meant too...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 14 May 2013, 9:07 am

Good job they got him to sign before Mancini got the bullet!! Could have lost him there....... Wink
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 14 May 2013, 10:36 am

What tony said is what i was trying to say ... addidas are most likley paying us alot more then what SBOBET were paying us which means we would have more money to go towards transfers along aparie and the new tv money etc .
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Wed 15 May 2013, 5:24 am

Arran H wrote:What tony said is what i was trying to say ... addidas are most likley paying us alot more then what SBOBET were paying us which means we would have more money to go towards transfers along aparie and the new tv money etc .

I doubt it, if I'm honest.

SBOBet were shirt sponsers, not kit suppliers. Alpari are our new title sponsors. That is probably a more lucrative deal, but I wouldn't think it's THAT much more than SBOBet, if I'm honest.

Adidas are kit suppliers, I doubt very much if they are paying us any money what-so-ever. We are probably paying them for the privilege

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:22 pm