West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

Stadium conversion approved

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Stadium conversion approved Empty Stadium conversion approved

Post  Campo Wed 29 May 2013, 8:30 am

West Ham United's historic move to the Olympic Stadium has taken another major step forward after the E20 LLP were granted planning permission to commence the stunning conversion of the Olympic Stadium at a Planning Committee meeting in Stratford on Tuesday evening.
    The Club can now work closely with the E20 partnership to commence the developments that will see the Stadium upgraded to a 54,000 all-seater UEFA category 4 football Stadium - the highest category of football stadium possible in the world. Approval has also been granted for the installation of an innovative retractable seating solution on all four sides of the ground bringing fans closer to the action and the atmospheric, transparent roof that, at 84m, will become the largest-spanning tensile roof in the world.
    The approved, ambitious proposals also include first-class hospitality suites, the relocation inside the turnstile line of key facilities such as the concessions and toilets (as at other traditional football stadia), landscaping and a distinctive new building that is set to become the Hammers' exclusive ticket office and flagship Club Store. The presence of these buildings will ensure that supporters continue to enjoy their direct relationship with the Club in new and enhanced facilities in the surrounds of the stunning Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
    West Ham United Vice-Chairman Karren Brady said: "This is another key milestone on our journey to Stratford and my Board and I are delighted with the decision.
    "We always knew that the innovative plans for the Olympic Stadium could create a globally-recognised football stadium and we were confident that planning permission would be granted to allow the conversion work to begin.
    "For me and my team the hard work is only just beginning. This is an incredible opportunity to create a world-class stadium for West Ham supporters that will exceed their expectations and the chance to really deliver a lasting legacy for London."
    The approved planning application will now be referred to Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, for final ratification before work on the stunning transformation can get underway later this year.
    Architectural drawings of West Ham United's new home at the Olympic Stadium post-conversion were revealed and presented in person to supporters by the Vice-Chairman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 10:36 am