West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
alfiehammer
Jiggs
Cochese
mottinghammer
Dan C
9 posters

Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning

Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning Empty Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning

Post  Dan C Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:42 pm

My dad (Academy Member) today tried to get a seat near to me (Season Ticket Holder) for the Cardiff game. When he did, he found my seat was available and up for sale. Upon calling the club, they informed me that they had moved me without my consent in an effort to accommodate new groups of season ticket holders who wanted to sit together. My new season card with my new, unasked-for seat was in the post and I hadn't received a phone call or an email to inform me, or ask me.

Next year is my ninth consecutive year as a season ticket holder and my 23rd year of attending games regularly. I have also attended the vast majority of away games over the last 9 years, including 15 of last season's 19. It astounded me that the club could treat any supporter in this manner of disregard, let alone one who spends so much money and displays such commitment.

The second person I spoke to was very helpful and made sure I got my seat back, and a new replacement season card is being sent out to replace the 'new' one. Thought I'd mention it in case other STHs want to check as I know four others have been moved from my row - this may well be out of choice or they may not have renewed but they've been there as long as I have!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning Empty Re: Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning

Post  mottinghammer Wed 17 Jul 2013, 8:57 am

That is disgraceful and no way to treat any supporter, let alone one who has shown such commitment! maybe a letter to our chairmen is in order despite getting your seat back.

As an aside, Mrs Motty has bought me Academy membership for this season, and has said that I can have my season ticket back next season Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 830028484  if I am a good boy and do all the little jobs she has lined up for me, don't now if that is a good or bad thing yet! Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 1803945174 
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning Empty Re: Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning

Post  Cochese Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

I get wanting to accommodate larger groups in having them sit together if at all possible, but at the very minimum that requires them contacting you to see if you'd agree.

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 17 Jul 2013, 7:00 pm

How awful for you Dan.....I hope you do email the club and give them what for...

I checked with Abbi before I got my ticket and bought the seat next to him.  I've just checked, and his and Russ' seats are appearing as sold.  However, when I look at "friends and family" Abbi is still down as "general sale"  

Have the club taken liberties again, or did Abbi tell me porkies  Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 3178788500

Meanwhile, great news re season ticket next year Motty. The seat the other side of me is still up for grabs....I'll make sure that I misbehave every week, so it stays available for your return Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 1518089606 
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Dan C wrote:My dad (Academy Member) today tried to get a seat near to me (Season Ticket Holder) for the Cardiff game. When he did, he found my seat was available and up for sale. Upon calling the club, they informed me that they had moved me without my consent in an effort to accommodate new groups of season ticket holders who wanted to sit together. My new season card with my new, unasked-for seat was in the post and I hadn't received a phone call or an email to inform me, or ask me.

Next year is my ninth consecutive year as a season ticket holder and my 23rd year of attending games regularly. I have also attended the vast majority of away games over the last 9 years, including 15 of last season's 19. It astounded me that the club could treat any supporter in this manner of disregard, let alone one who spends so much money and displays such commitment.

The second person I spoke to was very helpful and made sure I got my seat back, and a new replacement season card is being sent out to replace the 'new' one. Thought I'd mention it in case other STHs want to check as I know four others have been moved from my row - this may well be out of choice or they may not have renewed but they've been there as long as I have!

That's disgusting they would treat you like that dude. Glad u got it resolved to your satisfaction
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 18 Jul 2013, 12:09 pm

Jiggs wrote:How awful for you Dan.....I hope you do email the club and give them what for...

I checked with Abbi before I got my ticket and bought the seat next to him.  I've just checked, and his and Russ' seats are appearing as sold.  However, when I look at "friends and family" Abbi is still down as "general sale"  

Have the club taken liberties again, or did Abbi tell me porkies  Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 3178788500

Meanwhile, great news re season ticket next year Motty. The seat the other side of me is still up for grabs....I'll make sure that I misbehave every week, so it stays available for your return Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 1518089606 

Will you promise to misbehave every week when I get the seat Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 830028484 tits Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 780148547 egypt
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 18 Jul 2013, 2:18 pm

jawdrop  You used to be such a good boy Motty ...... muttley 
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 18 Jul 2013, 9:40 pm

So my mum used to say, then I met you lot! Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 1518089606 
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:05 pm

that Dan is far too tall ....... do you know how hard it was to get the club to move the fucker ????????
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 07 Nov 2013, 11:16 pm

Following on from the club's errors and mistreatment regarding my season ticket in the summer, a further catalogue of errors have been brought to my attention today.

I recently applied for Season Ticket Priority Point tickets to Norwich and Liverpool, along with coach travel. With 48 hours to go to the Norwich game, a coach ticket for the game had not arrived. I called the Ticket Office and they confirmed I had clearly requested a coach ticket but they had not allocated one. The situation was replicated for the Liverpool game. A ticket for the game had been allocated but no coach ticket. The lady I spoke to allocated me coach tickets for the games and informed me that payment would be taken from the debit card provided in the application.

I then checked my email. Travel tickets were confirmed but at a price for non-members - £28 for Norwich and £38 for Liverpool. Season ticket holders discount represents a £12 saving on these prices, £22 for Norwich and £32 for Liverpool. I now have to call the ticket office again on an 0871 number during my working day to outline another of their mistakes and hope it's resolved correctly.

I didn't email a complaint following the season ticket debacle but have drafted an email regarding these four errors in four months which I'll be sending following tomorrow's phone call.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 08 Nov 2013, 7:07 am

It may be useful to highlight these REPEATED administrative errors at the next SAB meeting Dan
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

There are often 'many' questions about the ticket office.

It is important the club know how bad it is.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:12 am

So you will go in to bat eh Suz! Great stuff. Although i'm far away, I suspect that that Dans treatment is something the club needs to resolve , and quickly.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 09 Nov 2013, 9:21 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:There are often 'many' questions about the ticket office.

It is important the club know how bad it is.
    Having said that, I feel sure that there must be many "questions/complaints" about the incompetence of the staff behind the counters of the concession areas around the ground - but NOTHING has changed there either
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm

I have sent a lengthy email complaint to Customer Services at West Ham United and look forward to their response.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 11 Nov 2013, 6:46 am

Look forward to hearing re the clubs response mate
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Wed 13 Nov 2013, 5:09 pm

Impressed with the swiftness of response - I received a 10-minute phone call from the Head of Ticketing and Retail at the Club the working day after my email was sent. During the call, he apologised one by one for the errors and, as a gesture of goodwill, I am receiving the next home Cup game as a complimentary ticket, whoever it is against and whenever it is. This was then confirmed in an email.

Am pleased with how swiftly and professionally the complaint was handled.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 13 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

Season Ticket Holders - Word of Warning 1626210847  and not a bad result either.  Nice one Dan

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 6:05 am