West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

David Sullivan Q&A

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

David Sullivan Q&A Empty David Sullivan Q&A

Post  Campo Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm

stolen from KUMB who collated all the Q&A from twitter

David Sullivan Q&A Sullivand
    @HammerRaven: Do you think we need more pace? Moses or Sinclair on loan would be perfect. Tom Ince ideal, but obviously pricey...

DS: We need more pace with one or two extra players.

@jordanwray16: How much money is left to spend?

DS: The problem is the wages, not the money. Under PPL we are capped.

@ahmet_tempz: David do you think the atmosphere in the Olympic Stadium will be the same as Upton Park? And are we close to any signings ?

DS: Yes. It will be different but just as good.

@HammerRaven: What do you think of our style of play? Admittedly we no Swansea but it's pragmatic, gets results. Are you happy with it?

DS: I thought in some games we played some good and exciting football. We don't play like Wigan - but they got relegated.

@EllisWarrenUK: Where do you expect us to finish next season?

DS: Higher than last season with a Cup run.

@TaylorWild12: Why didn't we sign Wilfried Bony?

DS: Bony wouldn't have come as backup to Andy Carroll.

@30SECONDSTOGLEN: Would Loic Remy be an option? Very good forward with pace.

DS: He is facing a serious criminal charge and therefore is a high risk signing.

@bbyrne7: Why go for Zapata (unproven)? Demba Ba and Darren Bent are both available...

DS: We look to sign a younger player who could be a superstar.

@H18Dalton: If money were no object, which Premier League player would you most like to sign?

DS: Robin Van Persie from the Premier League but I would also sign Ronaldo from Spain. Pace, what we need!

@JohnBundock: Who is our most exciting young player and will youth get a chance still?

DS: Elliot Lee or Ravel Morrison in my opinion, but others may disagree.

@Jamie_Seagrave: Why did you buy more shares?

DS: Because I wanted to get rid of the bank and show my commitment to the club.

@RichMaher93: Have there been any further investigation into the Savio signing?

DS: There is no hard evidence at this time.

@themooks: Have you made a decision not to bid on Birmingham's young players and exploit their demise?

DS: We only bid on players Sam Allardyce asks us to bid on.

@MarcOfAsgard: Are we going to eye up any full backs during this transfer window? Demel is past his prime.

DS: We need goalscorers, not defenders.

@RichMaher9: Any chance of a Scott Parker loan return?

DS: We have to focus wages on strikers due to the wage cap, but would love Scott back if there was room.

@TheRobTaylor: You've done a great job with David Gold and Karren Brady with the club, are we ready to win a Cup?

DS: Hopefully, but you need a lot of luck with the draw. But the League comes first!

@ConnorwilsonLFC: What's your favourite away stadium?

DS: Cardiff, because that is where I am from originally.

@Vansbm: By upping your stake in the club do you believe we can clear the debt ahead of schedule?

DS: I hope we are debt free by the time we go in to the Olympic Stadium.

@SeanioF87: Have you enquired about Lukaku?

DS: We would love him but I don't think Chelsea would loan or sell him.

@Sponge_lloyd: You referred to the wage cap. Man City must have an enormous wage bill, surely there's no point to the FFP rules?

DS: Even they can't go up by £4million next season unless they generate extra non-TV income.

@MattPois: What strikers are we looking at? And can you stop wearing that ridiculous Russian hat and coat next season?

DS: It's a lucky hat and coat, very warm!

@Bishy613: How pleased are you with the new Adidas kits? I think they look fantastic.

DS: Fantastic. I particularly like the away and training kit.

@dannnnt: I played at Upton Park in a tournament this year, will I be able to do the same when we get the Olympic Stadium?

DS: We are only tenants so I don't think so, but I am sure there will be a deal to strike.

@LewD7: Was there anyone big you tried and failed to sign?

DS: Neymar and Lukaku three years ago, at the same time.

@WHUFCGeezer: What's been your favourite on-pitch moment since taking over at West Ham?

DS: Beating Manchester United 4-0 in the Carling Cup and Chelsea in the league.

@whusmudge: Do you think we are running out of time to conduct our transfer business? We can't afford to start slowly in the Premier League.

First published on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DS: No. We still have four weeks until the start of season and hope to sign a striker within 10 days.

@JoshTucker__: Is there still any chance of Zapata becoming a West Ham player?

DS: No; unfortunately he cannot get a work permit.

@harris_whu: Adrian or Jussi Jaaskelainen as first choice goalkeeper?

DS: They're both very good 'keepers but I don't pick the team.

@CameronBroome97: How long until West Ham get European football?

DS: I would love to be in Europe this time next year!

@Johnsie31: Do we still owe Sheffield Utd any money for the Carlos Tevez saga?

DS: Yes; the last payment is next month.

@Teguhrama: Would West Ham United tour to an Asian country?

DS: If we got the right offer, of course.

@KillianYnw: Are you interested in getting Sterling on loan?

DS: We don't think he is available but I like him. Very tricky and fast!

@SanderNyland: Will there be an athletics running track around the Olympic Stadium?

DS: No; it will be covered with seats.

@liambarwick27: What's the best goal you've seen whilst being part of West Ham?

DS: Every goal we score is a good one for me!

@ludowhufc: Would you consider Kenwyne Jones as our number two striker, or are we aiming higher?

DS: He doesn't score enough for me, therefore we are aiming higher.

@Hammer_Balkan: Is Tomkins going to be first choice instead of Ginge?

DS: Ask Sam, not me. I rate them both highly.

@Jamie_Seagrave: How can you call £77 affordable football ?

DS: We have many kids for a quid games and half price games, such as Cardiff and Stoke.

@Jamie_Seagrave: Why are we playing a crap, boring team for our home pre-season fixture?

DS: pre-season is about getting players fit, results are irrelevant.

@af_ben: Will the club name the Olympic Stadium after one of the club's great players, ie Bobby Moore or Sir Geoff Hurst? Or Paul Ince, maybe!?

DS: Yes we are!

@nickcollier1: Do you think West Ham can achieve a top 10 finish again this year?

DS: Yes; hopefully higher.

@johnnyfkay: Can we copy Stoke and offer free travel to away games? We have five games in London so it wouldn't be as expensive.

DS: We are £70million in debt, maybe in the future.

@desouza1994: Would you consider signing players from the Turkish football league? I think there is a lot of hidden talent there.

DS: Most of them cannot get work permits.

@desouza1994: How about Yilmaz?

DS: We tried to get him this time last year but he wanted to stay in Turkey.

@iGeekApple: Do you think we need some younger players in the team?

DS: Yes and no. I love experience as do I love young talent.

@MattWebby4: Did anyone activate Mo Diame's release clause last summer?

DS: No.

@Brownpants99: Why don't you get a Twitter account, then you can stop all the stupid rumours?

DS: I would say things I should not! Also I think Jack does a good job.

@gower82: How come the smallest kit you can buy is aged two years? What about baby Hammers?

DS: We do have lots of outfits for babies. Have a look in the West Ham store.

@SanderNyland22: Why is it so hard to get work permits for Zapata or Turkish players?

DS: There are strict rules for non-EU players and they have to play 75 per cent of internationals in the last two years to qualify.

@thegibbins: Can we please give Carlton Cole some form of a role at West Ham? Lifetme President? We miss him.

DS: Carlton is a lovely man, we offered him a fantastic long-term deal this time last year and he turned it down. I miss him too.

@themooks: Is there any chance of getting the live updates on the official site improved, especially for mobiles?

DS: There are updates on Twitter.

@PambouE: Have you considered Samaras as back up to Andy Carroll? Celtic captain and can play on the wing?

DS: It is a big jump from Scotland to the EPL. Many have failed, eg Boyd.

@MitchellClark__: Don't you think Darren Bent would be a good signing?

DS: He's very injury prone, but a good player on his day.

@JayJWillo: Except for strikers, who else are we looking to buy?

DS: We are happy with the rest of the team. All we need now is pace and goals.

@ZachRV: Can we get some sleeveless training tops so I can look buff when I train?

DS: The training gear is fantastic. Get some scissors and a needle and thread!

@pepeDaina: Why have we heard no news about new investors, is the £70m debt putting them off?

DS: Probably. It would have put me and DG off if we weren't local and didn't love the club.

@jack_fleming8: Is there any chance you can make West Ham TV free?

DS: We will look into it. The problem is we have a deal with the people who run the website.

@RossH1983: What do you want to be when you grow up?

DS: I want to be taller, but I am 64 so I doubt that is going to happen!

@ConnorG23: I have watched many games of Norwegian football and it should really be looked into!

DS: Not many players have come from Norway, it is a big jump.

@WHUFCTALK1: Can we improve our scouting like Porto? They bring in the best talent in the world.

DS: They don't need work permits in Portugal for players from South America so it is so much easier for them.

@Ben_WHU: Any chance of getting West Ham TV on Sky and showing pre-season games, like Liverpool TV?

DS: It's not viable at the moment but is in the pipeline.

@krisbell77: Is there going to be just the one more new signing or are we strengthening throughout the squad?

DS: Maybe more.

@harrywhu: Do you ever see West Ham winning the Premier League?

DS: One day.
    Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

David Sullivan Q&A Empty Re: David Sullivan Q&A

Post  Jiggs Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:44 pm

@HammerRaven: What do you think of our style of play? Admittedly we no Swansea but it's pragmatic, gets results. Are you happy with it?

DS: I thought in some games we played some good and exciting football. We don't play like Wigan - but they got relegated.
    I like it .... cheesey grin 

@af_ben: Will the club name the Olympic Stadium after one of the club's great players, ie Bobby Moore or Sir Geoff Hurst? Or Paul Ince, maybe!?

DS: Yes we are!

David Sullivan Q&A 1626210847 ....Who I wonder? Paul Ince the rank outsider of course!

@liambarwick27: What's the best goal you've seen whilst being part of West Ham?

DS: Every goal we score is a good one for me!

Oh yeeesssssssss!!! same here! David Sullivan Q&A 1343512671 

@MattPois: What strikers are we looking at? And can you stop wearing that ridiculous Russian hat and coat next season?

DS: It's a lucky hat and coat, very warm! 

How very rude!  Good answer DS....David Sullivan Q&A 1518089606

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 8:45 am