West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
Jiggs
RichB
Dan C
Admin
Campo
9 posters

The mystery of the third kit shirt

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

The mystery of the third kit shirt Empty The mystery of the third kit shirt

Post  Campo Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:18 pm

now revealed on the offish

The mystery of the third kit shirt 3rdkit_short_sleeves_264_264_130822114821
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

The mystery of the third kit shirt Empty Re: The mystery of the third kit shirt

Post  Admin Thu 22 Aug 2013, 4:14 pm

I like it
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:13 pm

It looks like a training top more that a kit
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:14 pm

Releasing two new kits a season is bad enough but to add a third and claim it's limited edition? Disgusting.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Thu 22 Aug 2013, 6:22 pm

No one is forced to buy it. Just ignore it...Smile
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 22 Aug 2013, 7:53 pm

Dan C wrote:Releasing two new kits a season is bad enough but to add a third and claim it's limited edition? Disgusting.
    My thoughts too .... What exactly is the point of a third?  Come to that, what was the point of the away strip last season?  I don't think they ever wore it.
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:56 am

i agree with Dan but i also bloody like it at the same time!
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:01 am

I was so angry we'd released a third kit, it's only now that I'm realising that black has nothing to do with West Ham United. Furthermore, in terms of colour clashes, we already have a dark kit (home) and a light kit (away). When exactly are we going to wear this black kit?

We wore a change strip last year in the following games: Swansea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Southampton. We could quite easily wear the home kit at Swansea and Southampton and the white away kit in the other matches. The white away kit would also be fine at Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Hull.

Lesley's point regarding last season's away kit is also pertinent. The club wore it once in the 3-0 defeat at Swansea and then went on to wear the previous season's discontinued sky blue away kit. To not wear an away kit more than once in one season and then release TWO change strips the following year is extremely poor fare.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 23 Aug 2013, 6:51 pm

the saddest thing is that this is actually the best looking design and shirt out of the three.

this should at least be the away strip and I'd not even be unhappy if this was our primary strip.

Makes me wonder who is designing these things and picking them and the order they get worn in...

no one seems to like the collar look on the first team strip but for some reason it got selected as our main strip... very strange...
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 23 Aug 2013, 7:17 pm

I really like the new home shirt and will definitely buy it.

In April.

With my £10 membership voucher.

If it is less than £20.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:02 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

the saddest thing is that this is actually the best looking design and shirt out of the three.

this should at least be the away strip and I'd not even be unhappy if this was our primary strip.

Makes me wonder who is designing these things and picking them and the order they get worn in...

no one seems to like the collar look on the first team strip but for some reason it got selected as our main strip... very strange...
    What?! You wouldn't be unhappy if this BLACK kit was our HOME kit?! Sorry, but since when has black been a West Ham colour? Sky blue is our second colour after claret and white has always been associated with the club too, certainly since the '60s/'70s. Navy blue was the colour of Thames Ironworks. But black shouldn't be a third kit, an away kit and definitely not a home kit westhamonkey.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:37 am

It is just a money maker by the club, it wont be used
    but the kids will want all 3 shirts
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 29 Aug 2013, 12:08 am

I like the look of it but agree it's nothing to do with our tradition........ I guess if you wash it on a hot wash enough times, it might fade to dark blue.....The mystery of the third kit shirt 1518089606 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 9:54 am