West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+9
Kray JR
Nicki
westhamonkey
Jiggs
RichB
Stooby Doo 2002
Admin
Arran H
Sir Ian
13 posters

toffee's at home

Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

toffee's at home - Page 2 Empty Re: toffee's at home

Post  Sir Ian Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:05 pm

QUESTION what has collison done to be left on the bench while Taylor is sent on in front of him???
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm

the ref was right in sending Noble off........After that yellow card everytime he went in for a tackle I had to watch behind my fingers........It was a cynical foul and the correct decision.......I think the ref had an alright game actually, I believe that it was our poor challenges which cost us the game, too many players were going to ground late or barging into players, we have a go at Stoke for bullying yet that was exactly what we did today, we were bullies and it turned round to bite us.........Second half we were poor, Petric done very well to create the lead up to the penalty, I look forward to seeing him do 80+ minutes.......Ravel and Diame were probably my standout performers for us.
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:10 pm

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:the ref was right in sending Noble off........After that yellow card everytime he went in for a tackle I had to watch behind my fingers........It was a cynical foul and the correct decision.......I think the ref had an alright game actually, I believe that it was our poor challenges which cost us the game, too many players were going to ground late or barging into players, we have a go at Stoke for bullying yet that was exactly what we did today, we were bullies and it turned round to bite us.........Second half we were poor, Petric done very well to create the lead up to the penalty, I look forward to seeing him do 80+ minutes.......Ravel and Diame were probably my standout performers for us.
    i never saw the game i was going by the comms on the radio who thought the red card was wrong and were asking why the ref never stopped the game for a head injury in the build up to the 3rd goal?
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:23 pm

Nope Noble was nowhere near the ball, Berkley had gone past him and Noble slid in got no ball and got the player running towards goal, a definite yellow........The head injury was actually after Lukaku had scored, as he went down and looked to be unconscious.......Just to clear up any confusion.....Although this was my take on it.....
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 21 Sep 2013, 6:34 pm

The commentary I was listening to with the link I had found were saying it was a foul but it was not a yellow card , From the angle I saw it looked like that Noble got the ball and caught the player after he had made contact with the ball .

Finger`s crossed that Petric starts ahead of Maiga against Hull next week ! If That's work rate we get out him when he is meant to be short on match fitness then I 'am looking forward to seeing the work rate we get out of him when he is fully fit !
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:05 pm

Nobles was not a yellow he got the ball but they got the free kick because it was well from behind , ref was def on their side .

Looks a bit like Abbi that ref 

toffee's at home - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpmUOcIWjiyhq3MWRLyqcdX-lHhzP-zJzLeSH54d_sJOw9GHka
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:15 pm

Didn't see Noble's 'foul' as we were at the other end.  But as the Ref was a minge for most of the game, I'll bet made the wrong decision.

Nolan seemed to limp off when substituted, hope he's ok.  It's a shame that Tomkins didn't replace him, in an effort to hold out for a 2-1 win.

As I wasn't expecting anything from this game, I was pleasantly surprised at the way we played. So much better than last week, and the week before!  Defence as they have been, solid with blocks and clearances, but unable to defend set pieces, TWICE! Jussi made one great save in the first half from their only shot on target.  Midfield much more organised when on the attack. Petric seemed to lift everything when he came on and should start ahead of the bungling Maiga........Not entirely his fault, he's not up to it, we shouldn't expect him to be and the manager should stop sticking him up there on his lonesome. toffee's at home - Page 2 2723394577 

In the diary for this week:  Practice set pieces, especially not giving them away.  Appeal against Noble's red card - quite possibly.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:32 pm

not a great game... we played okay... got completely over run at the start of the 2nd half and were lucky to be in the game to be honest.

we were lucky that morrison's shot took a bad deflection otherwise there's no way it would have troubled the everton keeper.

at the time everton had something like 67% of the possession although they looked even more dominant at the start of the 2nd half.

Maiga looked pointless.

morrison played better than he did last week

noble scored a good penalty but was a total knob end for tackling form behind on a goal bound player when he was already on a yellow, didn't make contact with the ball and there was a defender ready to pick up the runner. stupid decision that got the result it deserved - apologies if you "saw" it differently but the numerous tv replays showed there was only one villain and it was noble.
    Shame he's still so lackadaisical after all these years.

Petric looked well up for it and 99% of players would have let the ball run out of play but he chased it, fought for it and won a penalty when Nolan got up-ended after being played in.

But for all the people saying we were doing well... we were totally under the hammer, and scored a lucky deflection and a penalty - barely nothing form open play registered.

yes we did try in fits and starts, yes, we did look ok once or twice... but it's about more than that.

to lose at home from a winning position by conceding 2 goals in the last 10 minutes of the game is a pretty piss poor performance no matter what the circumstances or what went before.

Now we've got bigger problems than just missing AC up front.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 22 Sep 2013, 5:38 am

Jiggs wrote:Didn't see Noble's 'foul' as we were at the other end.  But as the Ref was a minge for most of the game, I'll bet made the wrong decision.

Nolan seemed to limp off when substituted, hope he's ok.  It's a shame that Tomkins didn't replace him, in an effort to hold out for a 2-1 win.

As I wasn't expecting anything from this game, I was pleasantly surprised at the way we played. So much better than last week, and the week before!  Defence as they have been, solid with blocks and clearances, but unable to defend set pieces, TWICE! Jussi made one great save in the first half from their only shot on target.  Midfield much more organised when on the attack. Petric seemed to lift everything when he came on and should start ahead of the bungling Maiga........Not entirely his fault, he's not up to it, we shouldn't expect him to be and the manager should stop sticking him up there on his lonesome. toffee's at home - Page 2 2723394577 

In the diary for this week:  Practice set pieces, especially not giving them away.  Appeal against Noble's red card - quite possibly.
    2 yellows so we can't appeal. Should only be 1 game tho shouldn't it?
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 22 Sep 2013, 7:44 am

Didn't look like Noble got the ball on MOTD the bigger question is why was Berkley still on the pitch after that challenge on Morrison which he got a yellow for ?
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:02 am

he misses the cup game tuesday and back on satdee for hull
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 22 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm

Moment of madness from Noble really, already booked, never going to get the ball and ginge was covering anyway.

The annoying thing is that Noble does not seem to learn from these errors, the amount of times he brings a player down from behind just outside the box is staggering
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 22 Sep 2013, 3:39 pm

Nicki wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Didn't see Noble's 'foul' as we were at the other end.  But as the Ref was a minge for most of the game, I'll bet made the wrong decision.

Ooops! toffee's at home - Page 2 3953004961 

Sir Ian wrote:
    he misses the cup game tuesday and back on satdee for hull
    That's not so bad then Kittyclap
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 22 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm

Kray JR wrote:Didn't look like Noble got the ball on MOTD the bigger question is why was Berkley still on the pitch after that challenge on Morrison which he got a yellow for ?
    Well said Daz ..... he shouldn't have been around for Noble to foul.  Filthy tackle!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 22 Sep 2013, 5:16 pm

Noble does not think.
    Still Carlton will be back soon to help us into the bottom 3 by Christmas.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 22 Sep 2013, 5:46 pm

toffee's at home - Page 2 Dalek-smiley
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 23 Sep 2013, 3:36 pm

Arran H wrote:The commentary I was listening to with the link I had found were saying it was a foul but it was not a yellow card , From the angle I saw it looked like that Noble got the ball and caught the player after he had made contact with the ball .

Finger`s crossed that Petric starts ahead of Maiga against Hull next week ! If That's work rate we get out him when he is meant to be short on match fitness then I 'am looking forward to seeing the work rate we get out of him when he is fully fit !  
    Any player who makes a challenge like that is asking to give away a free kick & risks a booking.  From behind/side you are only ever going to take the players legs away & he will go down the first sign of contact.  Even more so if he still has players to beat.  Ginge & Jussi were still blocking the Everton player.  Noble should have been looking to cover the goal as those 2 pushed the player wide.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 23 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

It was so good then so bad [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 2:54 pm