West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
SemiOldIron
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Tony P
manurewa hammer
mottinghammer
Admin
Arran H
Campo
12 posters

Ravel England U21

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Ravel England U21 Empty Ravel England U21

Post  Campo Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:29 am

in case you missed the U21 last night

young Ravel played 60 mins last night and showed some sublime touches and movement
    this is one clip, bit unfortunate that they did not get this shot from behind as it looked brilliant

Arran H
    Reserves

Ravel England U21 Empty Re: Ravel England U21

Post  Arran H Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:12 pm

That is some good skill their from Ravel , Lets hope he can show that sort of skill in a claret and blue shirt !
    We really need to tie him down to a long term contract as I have a horrible feeling that if carries on this form his on someone will come in for him !

Off topic but do you lot think that IF and if a club comes in for him do you think he would leave or stay with us ?
    I would hope he would stay with us as this club seems to be looking after him and the players seem to wanu help him at every opportunity they have to make sure he becomes the star we all know he can be so don't see why he would wuna leave to be honest !?!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:27 pm

IF and its a big IF he carries on the way he is going this lad will improve a lot... If we can get this season and next that will be a good result, IF he carries on in the manner he has done there will be some real big clubs coming in for him.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:21 pm

He certainly has a good feel for the ball , very good footwork , reminded me of the goal against Squirts . Lets all larf again cheesey grin

Last edited by Admin on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:30 am

As long as he remembers its a team game and that a defence splitting pass that creates a goal is worth 10 times any show boating, and stays away from his gangsta chums and the bright lights, and doesn't get caught by some lumbering CB, who he has nut-megged, so his legs no longer work, he could well have a future, but in the great traditions of West Ham he will have that elsewhere i'm afraid Ravel England U21 2723394577 
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 13 Oct 2013, 3:20 am

Campo wrote:IF and its a big IF he carries on the way he is going this lad will improve a lot... If we can get this season and next that will be a good result, IF he carries on in the manner he has done there will be some real big clubs coming in for him.
    Mate, i dont want to put the kiss of death on us, but if we have a good season and improve again next one, then we might be a club that morrison will stay with. Just sayin eh!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 13 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

mottinghammer wrote:As long as he remembers its a team game and that a defence splitting pass that creates a goal is worth 10 times any show boating, and stays away from his gangsta chums and the bright lights, and doesn't get caught by some lumbering CB, who he has nut-megged, so his legs no longer work, he could well have a future, but in the great traditions of West Ham he will have that elsewhere i'm afraid Ravel England U21 2723394577 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Only paper talk but I share your fears
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 13 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

I know if I was David Gold and Sullivan I would take the risk and offer Morrison a new long term contract with a big buy-out release clause around the £20-25m mark ! though it`s early in the season any think we achieve may have something to do with how Morrison does this season in my opinion .

Can anyone remember when the last time we had a youngster as talented as Ravel in the last few years or so ??? I cant think of anyone who was this good at such a young age with maybe Noble the only one ...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 13 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

Arran H wrote:I know if I was David Gold and Sullivan I would take the risk and offer Morrison a new long term contract with a big buy-out release clause around the £20-25m mark ! though it`s early in the season any think we achieve may have something to do with how Morrison does this season in my opinion .

Can anyone remember when the last time we had a youngster as talented as Ravel in the last few years or so ??? I cant think of anyone who was this good at such a young age with maybe Noble the only one ...
    Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand & FLJ all spring to mind
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 13 Oct 2013, 1:34 pm

We have to be debt free before moving in to the OS, If a big offer comes in for Ravel i think we can wave him goodbye
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 13 Oct 2013, 3:29 pm

Arran H wrote:I know if I was David Gold and Sullivan I would take the risk and offer Morrison a new long term contract with a big buy-out release clause around the £20-25m mark ! though it`s early in the season any think we achieve may have something to do with how Morrison does this season in my opinion .

Well if that's the case I say sell Morrison now because if he follows Noble's path he will be worth two bob in a few years time!

Got to be realistic-players with talent and ambition will move on-we are low down in the orld football food chain. All we can hope  for is we get the right moiney.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 13 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm

I do wish everyone would just calm down a bit. Morrison needs to carry on performing to the standard he has now set for at least half a season, to deserve all the" instant acclamation" that he is now getting. And he has to prove that he has got himself sorted out off the field too, and make a few apologies. I'm worried that all the bullshit will swell his head so much that he will just veer off the rails again. Hopefully there are some big enough characters at UP to tell it to him like it is - the lad needs sound advice to keep his feet on the ground, not all the hype that he is getting at present.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 13 Oct 2013, 6:22 pm

Exactly right SOI. If someone like Slur Alex gave up on him then there is a long way to go to prove he has turned a new leaf.

Loads of if's and but's with him-as many a player before him. And at 20, he is not exactly young to have his first call-up to the Under 21's! Jury is way out on him for me-two or three performances have showed promise-that's all.

Sam's reported comments of him being "worried the big boys will want him now" doesn't sound like Sam-and if so then he is just bigging up a player-like Twitch used to claim that Fergie was on the phone to him every week asking about Joe Cole.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 14 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

It will be a shame to lose him, because its odds on that we will.  Playing again in Manchester could be his downfall though, and that would be even more of a shame.  He has such a natural talent, and nifty feet to drool over.

Someone at the club needs to put an older head on his young shoulders.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:09 am

Jiggs, it seems to me that this slowly happening, i don't know who is driving it, or who his main mentor/s are, but hope this continues. We might just see a real special player.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:58 am

manurewa hammer wrote:Jiggs, it seems to me that this slowly happening, i don't know who is driving it, or who his main mentor/s are, but hope this continues. We might just see a real special player.
    I believe that everyone is helping Ravel but I would say it seems that Nolan and Noble are the two main mentor`s and of course Big Sam ...

Hopefully if a bid did come in for him and it was down his choice of staying or going I would hope he would take in consideration all the help this club as done for him to get him on the right tracks again and pay back the club by staying !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:45 am

according to Sam , Nolan and Noble have had the lad in their pockets since he returned and have been pushing him to focus all he has in to the training and work ethics... looks like it may work but as said he could also be a ticking timebomb

however .. another cheeky bit from Ravel

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:15 pm

jawdrop  Now that's precision!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 15 Oct 2013, 5:26 pm

It's like watching a young  Carlton Palmer.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 15 Oct 2013, 5:55 pm

Like it and what SOI said
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 15 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm

Ravel starting for the U21 tonight, at least i will have a better view this time as it is on BT Sport
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm

1 -0 Ravel
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:15 pm

Its only just started , good on ya son WH Flag