West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Campo
Sir Ian
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Tony P
8 posters

Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2)

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2) Empty Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2)

Post  Tony P Wed 23 Oct 2013, 7:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2) Empty Re: Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2)

Post  Tony P Wed 23 Oct 2013, 7:58 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2) Empty Re: Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2)

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 23 Oct 2013, 9:58 pm

Sounds like shrewd business sense to me. Galvanising the fan base so we build support to fill the OS when it is open? Probably part of the Newham agreement too which gets us there. Yes the area is largely Asian or ethnic, and certainly Asian people-generally-are not that interested in football; this is an effort to make them interested.

Our fan base was originally the locals, in time that has changed as urban migration has seen fans move from the area and then bring up the next generation of fans-who sometimes, not having the local affinity will turn to other teams (it  dcoes happen).

Course it rankles the full paying season ticket holders of many years-but the Dave's are instilling a future beyond theirs, and our, lifetimes. A legacy. Surely a team should have local support-West Ham United is far from first generation  locals now and will continue to be so as people flock far and wide. So, the lifeblood of any football club is it's local fans-securing that is the key.

Kids for a pound days are all about this too. Securing a future for our club goes beyond here and now, or even 10, 15  o0r 50 years.

The fact so many of the Newham borough people are not first, second, third generation residents is a different matter. The clubs owners are doing whatever they can to help secure a club so all us evacuees of the area still have a club to watch. That is their priority.
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Thu 24 Oct 2013, 7:44 am

clap well said mr JDLK Smile couldnt agree more
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:33 am

don't know why they did not just offer ST holders additional tickets at a fiver a pop
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 24 Oct 2013, 3:59 pm

Well said Mr JDLK
    Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2) 1518089606
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 24 Oct 2013, 5:27 pm

Yep great ,so why the praying and why all the anti West Ham remarks , aint going to football against their religion , I understand the Sikhs at man Urinal , nice people the Sikhs . Its enough with the players having to have a prayer room , football grounds should not be turned into Mosques  . End Of
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:00 pm

So let me get this right.............some of you are happy to pay £600-£845 for an annual season ticket while the owners virtually give tickets away to "locals" for £5 just to fill the ground at a game versus one of the top sides in the PL? Tickets that "non locals" had to pay a minimum of £50 for. Some paid almost £70. Some of these "locals" then proceed to pay no attention to the match; cheer when Man City score; take the piss out of West Ham and a bunch of them pray to Mecca during the game

Wow ! We have sold out for 18 consecutive home matches without having to resort to this. If they were struggling to sell out for this game then it would have been better to lower the prices for the regulars; especially as the game was live on Sky Sports

Do you REALLY think these "locals" now feel honour-bound to follow us to the Olympic Stadium or suddenly have claret & blue blood flowing through their veins? When I walk to the ground before games the only shirts I see worn by the "locals" are Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd - and even a Portsmouth one on Saturday !

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:07 pm

Campo wrote:don't know why they did not just offer ST holders additional tickets at a fiver a pop
    Agreed. Or reduce the ticket prices for members etc

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 25 Oct 2013, 5:39 am

Well Said Mr P
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:30 am

probably not Tony but just relying on people to pass their hammer status on to family isnt going to keep the ground filled either, you have to try, otherwise the ground will be empty seeing as though 95% of hammers live nowhere near the ground. sky offer thier new customers tv for free for 6 months so do virgin, o2 and 3 do the same with phones etc, it is a policy implemented by hundreds of different businesses around the world and it grows their custom, i dont hear any toys being thrown out the pram when sky charge a new customer sod all but those that have had it for years are charged full price?? there is also a simple thing to do, if you dont like it dont go, no one forces you to go, these deals have been going on for years and no one moaned about it before now i wonder why?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2) Empty Couldn't make this shit up (2)

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:16 am

Would we have this discussion if the Newham residents were a majority of white people, by white I mean good old fashioned English people, with not a hint of foreign climes about them?

I said STH would be pissed off but society as a whole, tends to look at the short term. We had owners that did that-and it almost cost us the club. We need to build a base of locals for the future-this was an attempt at that. Okay, the tickets were sold last minute at reduced cost; ignoring the main issue, this is sound business sense-getting people in the door generates other income. Yes it back fired a bit as, unfortunately, there is a long way to go to get racial, religious and downright xenophobic and racial issues out of SOCIETY not just football.

I bet your bottom Dollar (sorry Great British Pound Sterling) that the Dave's built their colossal wealth-that saved our club-by not worrying who was buying their product but making sure their product wads successful.

Should airlines not offer cheap flights to foreign destinations then? Should Tesco's not have a reduced section?

It was a bid to make our club more accessible to the local community, to secure a future for our club-a club that;'s got to go from 35000 capacity to 50 odd overnight and stay that way for the 99 years of the lease to ensure ALL get a better experience and reduced (comparatively) pricing that makes the support affordable and allows the club to compete in the higher echelon.
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Sat 26 Oct 2013, 2:24 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Would we have this discussion if the Newham residents were a majority of white people, by white I mean good old fashioned English people, with not a hint of foreign climes about them?

I said STH would be pissed off but society as a whole, tends to look at the short term. We had owners that did that-and it almost cost us the club. We need to build a base of locals for the future-this was an attempt at that. Okay, the tickets were sold last minute at reduced cost; ignoring the main issue, this is sound business sense-getting people in the door generates other income. Yes it back fired a bit as, unfortunately, there is a long way to go to get racial, religious and downright xenophobic and racial issues out of SOCIETY not just football.

I bet your bottom Dollar (sorry Great British Pound Sterling) that the Dave's built their colossal wealth-that saved our club-by not worrying who was buying their product but making sure their product wads successful.

Should airlines not offer cheap flights to foreign destinations then? Should Tesco's not have a reduced section?

It was a bid to make our club more accessible to the local community, to secure a future for our club-a club that;'s got to go from 35000 capacity to 50 odd overnight and stay that way for the 99 years of the lease to ensure ALL get a better experience and reduced (comparatively) pricing that makes the support affordable and allows the club to compete in the higher echelon.
    Huge PR Faux Pas by G&S for the Man City game/Couldn't make this shit up (2) 1518089606 Spot on
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:37 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Would we have this discussion if the Newham residents were a majority of white people, by white I mean good old fashioned English people, with not a hint of foreign climes about them?

I would hope so, yes.

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:44 pm

Sir Ian wrote:probably not Tony but just relying on people to pass their hammer status on to family isnt going to keep the ground filled either, you have to try, otherwise the ground will be empty seeing as though 95% of hammers live nowhere near the ground. sky offer thier new customers tv for free for 6 months so do virgin, o2 and 3 do the same with phones etc, it is a policy implemented by hundreds of different businesses around the world and it grows their custom, i dont hear any toys being thrown out the pram when sky charge a new customer sod all but those that have had it for years are charged full price?? there is also a simple thing to do, if you dont like it dont go, no one forces you to go, these deals have been going on for years and no one moaned about it before now i wonder why?
    You are in a minority on this one I am afraid Sire. Look around the web. Many West Ham fan sites citing this as a massive PR faux-pas by the Daves.

Faux pas No.1 - they try to "sell" the game by saying that fans can see "Man City" superstars. That backfired so they changed the wording of the adverts
    Faux pas No.2 - they "give" tickets away to anyone local for £5 instead of offering them to Season ticket holders, Members - or anyone who actually gives a shit about watching West Ham. Moreover they try to keep it quiet by not advertising it anywhere

If they were proud of what they were doing why not openly advertise it. They are now facing a backlash from season ticket holders and risk alienating their own fans
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 26 Oct 2013, 4:50 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Campo wrote:don't know why they did not just offer ST holders additional tickets at a fiver a pop
    Agreed. Or reduce the ticket prices for members etc
    Agreed (2)

I would have loved the opportunity, as a season ticket holder, to be able to treat my Mum and Dad to a £5.00 ticket each.  They are life long Hammers, but as pensioners are unable to afford today's ticket prices, even at OAP rate. They aren't a couple for 'the future' though, I'll admit!

Tony's original post was centered around the fupp up in the PR office.  Geezers remark about the praying and mosques at football grounds has turned it into a racial thread.  If the game hadn't started so late, I doubt race would have come into it.

To whom it may concern, especially West Ham Utd FC -  if you don't have the facilities, or the times aren't right, you can't invite Muslims. 

To the devout Muslims insistent on praying several times a day - If it interferes with your praying time, you should decline. 

Nobody has touched on safety issues either. Including the fear of seeing a group of young Muslim men, standing huddled together in an area of a confined venue, holding thousands of people.  Praying to allah? or fupp knows what.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm

Including the fear of seeing a group of young Muslim men, standing huddled together in an area of a confined venue, holding thousands of people. wrote:Theres that as well 
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:00 pm

it was a cock up from start to finish for this game
    most annoying was was bloke that got a ticket, muslim or not I don't give a shit, but he was a doctor on over £80K a year an yet gets a £5 ticket... now thats fupping wrong, if they are going to hand out tickets at a fiver a pop some common sense needs to be used and allow these tickets to go to the kids,local youth clubs or whatever,  yes lets get new fans in but the right fans
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:32 pm

Indeed mate.  BTW, does anyone know if the double D's have made provision for a praying area at Stratford?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 12:43 pm