West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Stooby Doo 2002
Campo
Dan C
Tony P
Kray JR
Hungry Hammer 66
10 posters

The Dave's Letter To Us

Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

The Dave's Letter To Us Empty The Dave's Letter To Us

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 12:59 pm

A message from the Joint-Chairmen
    West Ham United Joint-Chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold have written an open letter to Hammers fans
    SendSend  PrintPrint RssRSS

Like all West Ham United supporters we feel frustrated and hurt by our recent results. We understand how you feel and we, the Board, feel the same.

It is never enjoyable being knocked out of a Cup competition and losing by such a large scoreline to a lower division side is hard to take for us all. We thought the youngsters gave their all and did not stop trying but in the end Nottingham Forest's experience proved too much for us.
    I know Sam would have loved to have put out a more varied side, with our talented youngsters accompanied by more senior players in the starting XI. But many key players are out injured and Sam has been handed a near impossible task of coming through three crucial games in the space of six days with a squad of only 14 fit and available senior players. This is not an excuse it is a fact. We know Sam has not lost his ambition or desire and is committed to making West Ham United a great Premier League Club.
    We now face a Capital One Cup semi-final on Wednesday followed by a vital Barclays Premier League trip to Cardiff on Saturday. Despite an extremely difficult draw, we are determined to do all we can to get to the Capital One Cup final over two legs with Manchester City. We hope to have several of our missing players back in time for Cardiff and we go there knowing that a win can get us out of the bottom three. Such is the nature of the Premier League this season; there are only six points between us and the team in 13th place.
    Make no mistake, though; we are under no illusions as to the seriousness of our current predicament in the Premier League. But on the Board we have a combined talent of running football clubs and we will draw on all of our nous to get West Ham United out of this situation.
    We have experienced difficult times before and we know what will get us results - hard work, determination and perseverance. To that end, we are all working round the clock to do everything in our powers to help arrest our slump in form.
    Our first priority is to get our key players fit. Our record signing Andy Carroll continues to make good progress following his return to first-team training and he should be back on the pitch very soon along with Hammer of the Year Winston Reid and our other missing central defenders, James Tomkins and James Collins. Trust us, Andy Carroll is desperate to play and is ready to do his bit for the team and we are confident that the return of all of our injured players will lead to an upturn in our fortunes.
    Thereafter, our second priority is to bring in the new talent needed to bolster our squad in the most needed areas. January is not an easy time to do business but we are pleased to confirm we are close to securing one of our key striking targets. A defender is high on the list of priorities as well and progress is being made on that front.
    Despite our difficulties, what has remained consistent throughout the past few weeks and months is the unwavering level of support you have shown for the team home and away. We took over 3,000 fans to Fulham on New Year's Day and nearly the same number again to Nottingham on Sunday. That has been a constant and successful theme since our record-breaking season under Sam in 2011/12 and I know everyone at the Club is extremely grateful for the unique backing you provide to the team every week.
    Following the Cardiff fixture, we have two more vital games in January before a hugely significant February, which has three massive home games. We will go into those games with a much-improved squad and we remain confident that we can turn our season around.
    Whilst we have exceeded expectation off the pitch this year, by providing the Olympic Stadium and financial stability by taking personal responsibility for the Club's inherited debts of £100 million, we know that quality on the pitch is more important to you.
    We have 103 employees that directly relate to the football teams, but we also have 477 colleagues who work behind the team across all areas of the Club. All of these people are key to our success. We continue to invest in the development of their future by ensuring that West Ham United remains a great place to work.
    We understand these are difficult times for the Club and its supporters, but we must stay united and come through the other side together. Please support us and the team - we have no desire to be where we are and we are all doing everything in our power to improve this unenviable situation.
    Thank-you once again for your fantastic support.

David Sullivan and David Gold
    Joint-Chairmen, West Ham United
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

The Dave's Letter To Us Empty Re: The Dave's Letter To Us

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 1:14 pm

The letter should read
    "But on the board we have a combined talent for RUINING  football clubs" not running them,
    All complete, spin and drivel from the spineless and clueless board who gave us Grant then Allardyce and who are destroying the club, alienating us the fans and continue to embarrass and destroy our identity and the worst is there is no apology to the travelling fans for the disgrace in Nottingham,
    SACK THE BOARD, SACK THE MANAGER, SACK THE CAPTAIN AND GIVE US OUR CLUB BACK,
    WE DESERVE BETTER
    IRONS IN THE SOUL

Ps a classic example of how our identity is being ruined is Heitinger being reported all over sky, turning a move to us down stating it would not be good for his career, then going to Norwich and us signing a third division centre back who is already out on loan from Wolves !!!
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 06 Jan 2014, 4:33 pm

Who has the money to buy the club ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 06 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm

Let's hope that puts a stop to the stupid 32nd minute protests against Allardyce being planned for the Newcastle home game

Any protest during a game is totally counter-productive and will achieve nothing positive whatsoever

We are supporters so let's SUPPORT our team

The Dave's Letter To Us 1289607003
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 06 Jan 2014, 8:41 pm

Couldn't agree more Tony. First I've heard of the protest - why the 32nd minute?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 06 Jan 2014, 8:42 pm

A protest is planned?, when the fupp did we turn in to those plastics in the west?  The Dave's Letter To Us 2723394577 
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 9:39 pm

Sorting the debt out that the Icelandics left behind, secured the anchor tenancy for the Olympic stadium (which will see us grow), managed to ship out the shite Curbs signings and take a hit on the wages that they were owed, got us promoted at the first time of asking, picked up the pieces from the Tevez and Mascherano affair......They support the club, they are fans.......If any of you think that they do not have the best interests of West Ham at heart then you are all clearly delusional.....Yeah great lets just sack a manager at the transfer window, brilliant idea eh.....Because a new manager will magically make all of our injured players fit again instantly.....

When we have a fully fit side, we have the tools to at least work our way up to mid table.....Most people have written us off but look at the table....2 wins and we are heading towards mid table.....Its hardly over yet.....Even with the crocks that we have, we have still managed to beat Tottenham twice in their own yard and they spent £100 million on players!!!!!

The 2 Daves have pumped money into this club to keep it going, if you don't agree with what they have put into the club I'm sure most people on here would happily waste millions on a football club...We should be so lucky to have a couple of owners that see us as a business AND a club rather than a millionaires play thing.....

I am more than happy that the Daves and Brady are in charge, as for Sam I think he will get us out of the mess we are in, because its Big Sam and dog fights are what he is used to!

Gone is dodgy Terry Brown who could have brought us to our knees, gone is Magnusson and Gudmundsson who again could have crippled us with their bankruptcy, gone are any dealings with Kia Joorabchian, gone is that slimey git Duxbury who was sheer posion, gone is Gianluca Nani who gave us Savio in a then club record transfer.............Looking at that I would take our current board and management staff any day of the week.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

Dan C wrote:Couldn't agree more Tony. First I've heard of the protest - why the 32nd minute?

32 months since Sam took over as manager I think
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 07 Jan 2014, 3:32 am

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:Sorting the debt out that the Icelandics left behind, secured the anchor tenancy for the Olympic stadium (which will see us grow), managed to ship out the shite Curbs signings and take a hit on the wages that they were owed, got us promoted at the first time of asking, picked up the pieces from the Tevez and Mascherano affair......They support the club, they are fans.......If any of you think that they do not have the best interests of West Ham at heart then you are all clearly delusional.....Yeah great lets just sack a manager at the transfer window, brilliant idea eh.....Because a new manager will magically make all of our injured players fit again instantly.....

When we have a fully fit side, we have the tools to at least work our way up to mid table.....Most people have written us off but look at the table....2 wins and we are heading towards mid table.....Its hardly over yet.....Even with the crocks that we have, we have still managed to beat Tottenham twice in their own yard and they spent £100 million on players!!!!!

The 2 Daves have pumped money into this club to keep it going, if you don't agree with what they have put into the club I'm sure most people on here would happily waste millions on a football club...We should be so lucky to have a couple of owners that see us as a business AND a club rather than a millionaires play thing.....

I am more than happy that the Daves and Brady are in charge, as for Sam I think he will get us out of the mess we are in, because its Big Sam and dog fights are what he is used to!

Gone is dodgy Terry Brown who could have brought us to our knees, gone is Magnusson and Gudmundsson who again could have crippled us with their bankruptcy, gone are any dealings with Kia Joorabchian, gone is that slimey git Duxbury who was sheer posion, gone is Gianluca Nani who gave us Savio in a then club record transfer.............Looking at that I would take our current board and management staff any day of the week.
    I'm with you Stoobs!
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 07 Jan 2014, 11:01 am

Tony P wrote:
    Dan C wrote:Couldn't agree more Tony. First I've heard of the protest - why the 32nd minute?

28 of them being successful.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

28 of them being successful.

Good point Alfie
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:24 pm

that is a fair point
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 08 Jan 2014, 2:49 pm

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:Sorting the debt out that the Icelandics left behind, secured the anchor tenancy for the Olympic stadium (which will see us grow), managed to ship out the shite Curbs signings and take a hit on the wages that they were owed, got us promoted at the first time of asking, picked up the pieces from the Tevez and Mascherano affair......They support the club, they are fans.......If any of you think that they do not have the best interests of West Ham at heart then you are all clearly delusional.....Yeah great lets just sack a manager at the transfer window, brilliant idea eh.....Because a new manager will magically make all of our injured players fit again instantly.....

Never was a big fan of BFS but you can not argue with what Stoobs says in my opinion. We were really shite on Sunday, but I've seen us worse, losing 0-6 to Luton in a league cup SF, and many seasons in the 70's and 80's we were utter shite year on year.

Support the team! COYI's
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 08 Jan 2014, 10:58 pm

mottinghammer wrote:

Never was a big fan of BFS but you can not argue with what Stoobs says in my opinion. We were really shite on Sunday, but I've seen us worse, losing 0-6 to Luton in a league cup SF, and many seasons in the 70's and 80's we were utter shite year on year.

Support the team! COYI's
    I thought it was 0-5 against Luton? 0-6 in the first leg at Oldham on Valentines Day 24 years ago
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 09 Jan 2014, 11:57 am

You're right Tony was Oldham on their plastic pitch, beat them 3-0 in the 2nd leg can't see that happening this timeeven if we play Man City ladies!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 09 Jan 2014, 12:09 pm

Get your second leg tickets for £49

the place will be empty
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 09 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

mottinghammer wrote:You're right Tony was Oldham on their plastic pitch, beat them 3-0 in the 2nd leg can't see that happening this timeeven if we play Man City ladies!

I was at the our school valentines disco....me old man picked me up after and gave me the bad news...
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 09 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    mottinghammer wrote:You're right Tony was Oldham on their plastic pitch, beat them 3-0 in the 2nd leg can't see that happening this timeeven if we play Man City ladies!

I was at the our school valentines disco....me old man picked me up after and gave me the bad news...

That is bad news, going to a Valentine disco and getting picked up by your Dad!!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 09 Jan 2014, 9:38 pm

Kray JR wrote:

I was out for a "romantic" meal with my wife (to be). She could see that I was agitated and distant during the meal and asked me why. I told her that West Ham were playing in a Cup Semi Final and that I was finding it difficult to be away from a radio (that was all we had for commentary back then). When we got back to the car after the meal and put the radio commentary on we were 0-4 down. By the time we got home it was 0-6. I was in a foul mood !! I think she's forgiven me now !

Like a mug I went to the second leg - to see us win 3-0. Like a mug I have a ticket for the Man City return leg this time. Doh !
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 09 Jan 2014, 9:39 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:
    Kray JR wrote:

That is bad news, going to a Valentine disco and getting picked up by your Dad!!

cheesey grin
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 09 Jan 2014, 10:34 pm

muttley
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 09 Jan 2014, 10:59 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:
    Kray JR wrote:

As it was a school valentine disco, it could have been worse, could have been picked up by jimmy saville... The Dave's Letter To Us 2591071413 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:53 pm