West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Maiga and Rats have gone

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Maiga and Rats have gone Empty Maiga and Rats have gone

Post  westhamonkey Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:44 am

hopefully no jokes about sinking ships... but this is from the offish...

West Ham United can confirm that striker Modibo Maiga has joined Sky Bet Championship side Queens Park Rangers on loan for the remainder of the 2013/14 season.

The deal includes the option of a permanent move to west London at the end of the season.

Maiga, 26, has scored once in 14 Barclays Premier League games this term and has not featured since Andy Carroll's return to fitness earlier this month.

The Mali international joined the Hammers in the summer of 2012 from French Ligue Un club Sochaux, having previously played for Stade Malien in his homeland, Raja Casablanca in Morocco and Le Havre after moving to France.

He has played 39 games for the Club, finding the net six times in total, with half of those goals coming in Capital One Cup fixtures - including memorably in the Hammers' 2-1 victory at Tottenham Hotspur in December.

The Club can also confirm that Razvan Rat has departed after his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

The Romanian left-back leaves the Boleyn Ground after making 20 appearances for the Hammers since joining on a free transfer in July 2013.

The Club would like to thank Razvan for his efforts and wish him all the best in his future career.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did Tats do something bad? I mean he wasn't the greatest... but that hardly makes him worthy of being singled out in this current line-up.

With our injury record... how come we let a fit defender leave?

Maiga I feel a little bit sad about too... again, he's not the greatest... but then if that was our criteria about 90% of the team could be shipped out.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Maiga and Rats have gone Empty Re: Maiga and Rats have gone

Post  Arran H Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:31 am

Thank fupp Maiga is gone but I really cant understand letting go of Rat !?!? To me Rat has been one of our better players this season along Reid and Noble but at least we have a good replacement in Pablo Armero
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 04 Feb 2014, 6:36 am

Maiga scores for QPR after 11 mins in his first game. ! go figure.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:00 am

Arran H wrote:Thank fupp Maiga is gone but I really cant understand letting go of Rat !?!? To me Rat has been one of our better players this season along Reid and Noble but at least we have a good replacement in Pablo Armero

Really? Have you actually watched him Arran?
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:58 am

manurewa hammer wrote:Maiga scores for QPR after 11 mins in his first game. ! go figure.

He couldn't have missed that even if he was wearing claret-and-blue - although he would have had a bloody good try!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 8:00 pm