West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+11
RichB
westhamonkey
SemiOldIron
Arran H
Charlie Ham
Tony P
alfiehammer
Cochese
Hungry Hammer 66
Campo
Admin
15 posters

Man City V West Ham United FC

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Man City V West Ham United FC  - Page 2 Empty Re: Man City V West Ham United FC

Post  Campo Sun 11 May 2014, 5:05 pm

Yet another piss poor performance
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 11 May 2014, 5:18 pm

Just waiting for the sacking announcement  Man City V West Ham United FC  - Page 2 780148547
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 11 May 2014, 6:15 pm

I think he must be taking the piss, one shot all f'king game

Big Sam proud of Hammers' efforts
    Sam Allardyce said Sunday's display in defeat at Manchester City was one West Ham United could be proud of

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 11 May 2014, 6:16 pm

not a good game

not a good performance

only dropped one place so we're ending up in 13th

last season we were 10th with 46 points.

46 points would only have gotten us 11th this time round - so very little has changed.

the more worrying stats are that we only finished 10 points off the bottom of the table (7 pts off relegation) but we're 29 points behind the Spuds.

Not sure what progress we're going to make with the team we've got - the gap between us and the top part of the league is huge.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 11 May 2014, 6:22 pm

Being Smashed in Dub with the Dublin Hammers is the only result of the day !!!!
    Please just look at my post in "Rants" to see where  we are under our current decision makers !!!
    WHTID
    Irons In The Soul
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 11 May 2014, 7:54 pm

Yes, we are safely secured in the Premiership for a 3rd successive season after relegation and bouncing back up (albeit through the lucrative play off finals), thats Sam and Dave's decision making.

Yes, we are not bankrupt, not about to move into a world class stadium. Again-thanks to the decision makers.

We get you don't like them but its working- after the biscuit man and Brown nearly raped our club.

Some people really need to get a grip on the business of this club-we'd be fucked without what these people have done. Far as I can see, they deserve a medal and our thanks for keeping this club afloat and still in a position to build improvement. 3 ears is nothing in modern football terms unless an oligarch steps in-then everyone will moan about that too.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 11 May 2014, 8:10 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Yes, we are safely secured in the Premiership for a 3rd successive season after relegation and bouncing back up (albeit through the lucrative play off finals), thats Sam and Dave's decision making.

Yes, we are not bankrupt, not about to move into a world class stadium. Again-thanks to the decision makers.

We get you don't like them but its working- after the biscuit man and Brown nearly raped our club.

Some people really need to get a grip on the business of this club-we'd be fucked without what these people have done. Far as I can see, they deserve a medal and our thanks for keeping this club afloat and still in a position to build improvement. 3 ears is nothing in modern football terms unless an oligarch steps in-then everyone will moan about that too.

I don't like the football he serves up, and certainly wont be parting with my hard earned cash on a new season ticket, but there is no disputing what JDLK states so well. This club would not be around if not for GAS, and we would not be a mid table premier outfit without BFS. Who better is going to come in and make us into world beaters some people think we should be?

In forty (very) odd years of watching West Ham, I have seen more relegations than trophies and would rather see us in the premiership, with a superb new stadium under BFS than playing wonder football in the coco pops

BUT I STILL DONT LIKE HIS FOOTBALL, just being realistic like  hatsoff 
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 11 May 2014, 8:12 pm

And just for the record we were pitiful today  Man City V West Ham United FC  - Page 2 2723394577 
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 11 May 2014, 9:04 pm

JDLK and Motty are both right...

tactically we've been pretty shitty since Sam got the dreaded manager of the month award

that's worrying... because as poor as we've played, the tactics just don't seem to be there

but would we do any better unless we get better players.

Carroll is being played in exactly the same way as we used to play Carlton Cole - up front, on his own with no support and pretty much no supply

Now Carroll is unquestionably a better layer than Cole will ever be... but neither will do anything unless we change the way we play

Not being part of the club infrastructure I've no idea why Ravel got pushed out on loan

But I still say we need between 7 and 9 new first team players to really be a competitive club and we don't have the finances to pull that off... so who knows where we go from here.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 11 May 2014, 9:59 pm

I have nothing but gratitude for G&S. It is not them who chose the players that we brought in during the summer and in January. It is not them who trains the players, decides our tactics, team selection and substitutions. That is down to ONE man - Allardyce

We would be in administration if it weren't for G&S
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 12 May 2014, 10:57 am

Tony P wrote: We would be in administration if it weren't for G&S

This is all too easily forgotten and should be restated regularly. We are in the safest hands we have been in for a very long time IMHO, and that's a very big blessing to count. I would be very surprised if they ditch BFS yet because in business survival terms he is one of the safest bets available in PL management. Trouble is, we all have to watch the football matches........ Rolling Eyes 

I think I will reach for the mindless optimism pills and start whistling " Things Can Only Get Better".
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 May 2014, 11:17 am

I though we were poor and to be honest I am pleased the season is over, now I can move on to complaining about Woy's WC squad.

oh and if Diame thinks he is top six then he is very much mistaken...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:22 pm