West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+13
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Charlie Ham
Jiggs
manurewa hammer
Arran H
Hungry Hammer 66
Blakey
Kray JR
alfiehammer
SemiOldIron
westhamonkey
Campo
Admin
17 posters

Fat Sam rumors

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Fat Sam rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Fat Sam rumors

Post  Campo Mon 12 May 2014, 12:31 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:But are any of our youngsters good enough for the Premiership?

only seen one U21 in the flesh and i would say apart from one or two the rest are League 1 standard at best.
    Elliot Lee looks like he can become a good player but not in a big Sam team and this is where the problem is, our up and coming youngsters are not the type of players big Sam would use
    Potts should be given a chance
    moncur looked ok , needs time on loan at championship level
    and Fanimo .. bugger me is that lad quick off the mark, but same as George needs time at Championship level
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 12 May 2014, 12:34 pm

Kray JR wrote:

"Some fans believe his decision to field weak teams in cup games against Manchester City and Nottingham Forest was unforgivable." it wasn't so much the fact they were weak teams it was the fact that he threw near enough a whole team of inexperienced youngsters to the slaughter which then had people saying the days of us bringing through good youngsters was gone.
    Which is bollix, back when players were coming out of the youth team regularly when did our manager ever throw all of them into the same match

The U21 were doing very well in their league to that point and were up at the top, the U21 now sit in 9th, that Forest game really knocked the confidence of the young squad
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 12 May 2014, 12:59 pm

Unfuckingforgivable
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 May 2014, 2:24 pm

That Forrest game was a disgrace...

Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 12 May 2014, 4:34 pm

Completely agree, it was a disgrace as was Rolladice's reply when asked at the post match press conference if he thought he should apologise and the conceited oaf said in that stinking Dudley accent and with complete contempt "for what"
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !!!  Fat Sam rumors - Page 2 2723394577  Fat Sam rumors - Page 2 200143081
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 12 May 2014, 5:24 pm

Fat Sam is an ignorant slob , he has attacked the fans on more than one occasion and that is wrong , we pay his wages . Should he be given more time , no , he was brought here to do a job and he has done it , but if he dont do any better next season he will be out the door , D&D wont want us going to the new gaff if there,s a chance of us ending up in the Cocopops .
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 13 May 2014, 1:15 pm

Looks like it will cost £4M to get rid of him
    board meetings today

board are split on if he should go or not, Sulli wants him out over some back stabbing done by Curtis (Curtis made the statement to the degree saying that no transfers would be done without his say so )
    Gold it appears is in the better the devil you know side of the fence
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 13 May 2014, 2:54 pm

Sam safe for now by the looks of it
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 13 May 2014, 2:59 pm

There has to be enough of us to chip in, pay the 4 mill and feck Fatso and his c##t Curtis out of our West Ham
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 13 May 2014, 3:06 pm

Campo wrote:Sam safe for now by the looks of it
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 13 May 2014, 3:57 pm

Daily Mail reporting he has survived today but may go next week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Tue 13 May 2014, 7:59 pm

A poor result from the directors, they should have absolutely reached a decision today. With the playing season ended there is nothing else to learn so IMO they bottled it. It should have been either a yes or a no, end of debate and on with the preparations for next season.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 13 May 2014, 8:12 pm

Campo wrote:Looks like it will cost £4M to get rid of him
    board meetings today

board are split on if he should go or not, Sulli wants him out over some back stabbing done by Curtis (Curtis made the statement to the degree saying that no transfers would be done without his say so )
    Gold it appears is in the better the devil you know side of the fence

I have always, salsas defended the Dave's and feel there should be statues outside UP of them for saving us but I feel that the above should be private and behind closed doors. It's not going to do Sam or the team ANY good to be reading this. Badly done IMHO
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 13 May 2014, 8:41 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
    I don't think they want him but I also think they know because of our shit squad of average Joe's ( mostly bought by Rolladice to play his hit and hope shit) and the lack of funds to buy new players that they won't get any one better to work for them and change direction which we so badly need and these are all the paradigms of employing Grant then Rolladice in the first place which now sees our West Ham damned if we do and damned if we don't
    SORT IT OUT !!!!!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 13 May 2014, 9:05 pm

RichB wrote:A poor result from the directors, they should have absolutely reached a decision today. With the playing season ended there is nothing else to learn so IMO they bottled it. It should have been either a yes or a no, end of debate and on with the preparations for next season.
     I don't agree. They (the owners) will have had a full and frank discussion about their disappointments from this season and asked him to go away and come back and convince them how it will be different next season

Any decent employer would - and should - do the same
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 13 May 2014, 9:16 pm

I think you are right Tony
    he has been told he has 10 days to basically come up with a game plan for next season
    including the question of 'how the entertainment value of the football will increase?' I suspect

The owners know that Sam has lost the faith of a large section of supporters and that will not sit well when in 2 years time they need to get 54000 bums on seats in the sparkly new OS
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 13 May 2014, 10:59 pm

Tony P wrote:
    RichB wrote:A poor result from the directors, they should have absolutely reached a decision today. With the playing season ended there is nothing else to learn so IMO they bottled it. It should have been either a yes or a no, end of debate and on with the preparations for next season.
     I don't agree. They (the owners) will have had a full and frank discussion about their disappointments from this season and asked him to go away and come back and convince them how it will be different next season

Agreed but in PRIVATE. Feels like we are airing dirty laundry in public. it won't help any player wanting to join us for one think. Players like stability.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 14 May 2014, 1:04 am

how are West Ham airing their dirty laundry in public???????

the meeting was in a private house, attended by 4 people and no statements have been made officially about it's content at all.

That's hardly airing any dirty laundry in public.

The fact that the media were standing outside speculating on what was said and people are discussing the same on various message boards around the internet is hardly any kind of public airing of anything except the usual bollix spouted by the media and people in general.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Wed 14 May 2014, 8:14 am

Also hearing rumours he's off in 72 hours, compo has been agreed and Poyet's is fav !!

Last edited by Hungry Hammer 66 on Wed 14 May 2014, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 14 May 2014, 10:39 am

One wonders if this situation is much more to do with Mark Curtis than anything else. In business terms, a mid-table finish is mission accomplished and I don't think the Daves are particularly bothered about fan's disgruntlement with the style of play unless it impacts massively on season ticket sales. But I can see them being very unhappy about Curtis mouthing off that no transfers are going to be made at WHU without his say-so, as has been reported. Ever since Bolton, BFS has been very close to Curtis, far too close IMO given the man's history. He now represents our manager and a large chunk of our playing staff, several of whom have been lured away from other agents. He tried, via BFS and Nolan, to get control of Morrison. He failed, and our brightest footballing prospect got frozen out.
    Now I've got no more sources of information that what I read, but it seems to me quite possible that leaving BFS dangling on a string about his future with the club might be Gold, Sullivan and Brady's way of showing just who is charge. I suspect they don't really want to change manager, but think BFS needs a shot over his bows and a reminder that he works for them, not Mark Curtis. Just my speculation, but it makes some sense of an otherwise bizarre situation.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Wed 14 May 2014, 10:53 am

SemiOldIron wrote:One wonders if this situation is much more to do with Mark Curtis than anything else. In  business terms, a mid-table finish is mission accomplished and I don't think the Daves are particularly bothered about fan's disgruntlement with the style of play unless it impacts massively on season ticket sales. But I can see them being very unhappy about Curtis mouthing off that no transfers are going to be made at WHU without his say-so, as has been reported. Ever since Bolton, BFS has been very close to Curtis, far too close IMO given the man's history. He now represents our manager and a large chunk of our playing staff, several of whom have been lured away from other agents. He tried, via BFS and Nolan, to get control of Morrison. He failed, and our brightest footballing prospect got frozen out.
    Now I've got no more sources of information that what I read, but it seems to me quite possible that leaving BFS dangling on a string about his future with the club might be Gold, Sullivan and Brady's way of showing just who is charge. I suspect they don't really want to change manager, but think  BFS needs a shot over his bows and a reminder that he works for them, not Mark Curtis. Just my speculation, but it makes some sense of an otherwise bizarre situation.
    A good and plausible view of the situation which smacks of bad management from all sides so same old West Ham really !
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 14 May 2014, 11:41 am

Tony P wrote:

^^this^^
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 14 May 2014, 12:00 pm

There is also a school of thought that they are waiting to see how season ticket renewals go, will fans honour their threat of not renewing if Sam stays.

Whilst G&S are the owners it is Brady that is responsible for the day to day running of the club, especially the stadium. It is her who will have the figures on how many season tickets have been renewed compared to this time last year and the DDs with want to know her projections of how much revenue they expect from ST sales once renewal dead line has closed on June 2nd.

She does not directly have a say on whether or not Sam gets to keep his job but they do value her opinion.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 17 May 2014, 11:17 am

SemiOldIron wrote:One wonders if this situation is much more to do with Mark Curtis than anything else. In  business terms, a mid-table finish is mission accomplished and I don't think the Daves are particularly bothered about fan's disgruntlement with the style of play unless it impacts massively on season ticket sales. But I can see them being very unhappy about Curtis mouthing off that no transfers are going to be made at WHU without his say-so, as has been reported. Ever since Bolton, BFS has been very close to Curtis, far too close IMO given the man's history. He now represents our manager and a large chunk of our playing staff, several of whom have been lured away from other agents. He tried, via BFS and Nolan, to get control of Morrison. He failed, and our brightest footballing prospect got frozen out.
    Now I've got no more sources of information that what I read, but it seems to me quite possible that leaving BFS dangling on a string about his future with the club might be Gold, Sullivan and Brady's way of showing just who is charge. I suspect they don't really want to change manager, but think  BFS needs a shot over his bows and a reminder that he works for them, not Mark Curtis. Just my speculation, but it makes some sense of an otherwise bizarre situation.

A very sensible view on the whole issue  hatsoff 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:10 am