West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Kray JR
Arran H
Jiggs
SemiOldIron
alfiehammer
Admin
10 posters

Hull V West Ham United FC

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Hull V West Ham United FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Hull V West Ham United FC

Post  Jiggs Tue 16 Sep 2014, 1:38 pm

Enjoyed the match, despite some nervy moments at the back.  But we're stuck with this defensive personnel, so our new form of defence has to be attack, with the counter attacking being quicker and much more decisive.  

Moment of the match was of course the "worth the entrance fee alone" goal by Valencia.  The unsuspecting, effortless, pinpoint precision of it was breathtaking.  It will take some beating this season, but just in case I've added Tena Ladies to my shopping list (for match days only of course) Wink
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:44 pm

Tony P wrote:I wasn't happy with either full back last night either Motty. Cresswell gets beaten too easily and - accepting that he is not that big - doesn't even bother competing in the air. I cannot remember him putting in one cross last night. In addition his throw-in to Kouyate was irresponsible and schoolboy to say the least

As for Demel, he likes to get forward but is too ponderous when he gets himself into good positions. His defending was poor last night too. All the time Quinn was on the pitch he had "cart-blanche" to cross whenever he wanted to. He looked knackered after 65 mins too. Jenkinson will replace him on Saturday but Cresswell needs to up his game - particularly defensively

Add to that a keeper who is not filling me with confidence right now and our whole back five is a bit too shaky for my liking

Same here dude, quite a few occasions last night I shouted "what the fupp are you doing" at Adrian. Punching when he should be catching, missing punches, pushing saves back into dangerous areas....not commanding enough for me. I think he is one of those keepers who makes the odd outstanding save but struggles with the simple stuff. A Keeper and defenders needed in the next transfer window.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 16 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm

Disagree with blaming Tonks for the goal, if you watch it again he is left with 2 to deal with as it was a 4 on 3 in the box, if anyone is to blame look at Kouyate, jogs back without a care in the world, meantime his man provides the extra man in the box
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 16 Sep 2014, 9:03 pm

Campo wrote:Disagree with blaming Tonks for the goal, if you watch it again he is left with 2 to deal with as it was a 4 on 3 in the box, if anyone is to blame look at Kouyate, jogs back without a care in the world, meantime his man provides the extra man in the box

How about stopping the cross in the first place? Noble and Cresswell failed miserably to do so
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 16 Sep 2014, 9:20 pm

agree with that Tony, both could have stopped the cross
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 16 Sep 2014, 9:21 pm

Campo wrote:agree with that Tony, both could have stopped the cross

I don't think Demel or Cresswell stopped a cross all night. This is something we definitely need to work on
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 18 Sep 2014, 8:57 pm

The art of a full back stopping a cross seems to have disappeared Tone.

They seem to just want to stand there with there hands behind their back and not commit themselves.

What actually is the role of a full back these days ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 18 Sep 2014, 10:11 pm

Kray JR wrote:The art of a full back stopping a cross seems to have disappeared Tone.

They seem to just want to stand there with there hands behind their back and not commit themselves.

What actually is the role of a full back these days ?

Ours seems to be.........run down the wing, get into a good crossing position.........then check back and pass it backwards into central midfield. When facing an opponent who is intent on crossing the ball............give him a few yards to cross it then turn your back in case the ball hits you !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 10:53 pm