West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Tony P
alfiehammer
westhamonkey
7 posters

Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14 Empty Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14

Post  westhamonkey Sat 13 Dec 2014, 11:25 pm

Seriously?

Not one thread.... Not one post?

It wasn't a great game... bit of a frustrating stalemate.

Good points... we came back from a goal down - again...

Bad points... we went a goal down... again

We coulda... shoulda won it... we had more than enough chances...

We dropped two points... but at least we gained one and are still in 4th... although the gap between us and the Arse is smaller now and we'll be further behind Manure by the end of tomorrow probably...

Still... we're nicely ensconced in the European places and should pick up some more points before we have our Christmas shenanigans with the Chelsea and the Arse...

Now come on people... step it up around here...
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14 Empty Re: Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14

Post  alfiehammer Sun 14 Dec 2014, 8:34 am

I was training with a mate down the gym and had half an eye on sky sports news so didn't want to break away and log into the interweb. Surprised I haven't been o since mind. 

I've not seen MOTD highlights either so all I know was the few things I read or heard online/ sky news: soft penalty, carroll and handful, probably worth at least a point and maybe unlucky not to get all three. 

Result wise, we scored, we didn't lose, its probably a result id have taken before kick off so a good day for the Hammers for me. Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14 1626210847
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 14 Dec 2014, 12:39 pm

It is probably a sign of just how far we've come this season that I am disappointed that we didn't win yesterday. An awful decision by an assistant referee to award a penalty. Phil Dowd wasn't sure enough to give it and nor should the assistant have been either. It was soft and IMO a dive by Adam Johnson

We looked comfortable and kept the ball well. Moving it around with ease. None of the waste of possession that I have seen in previous away games. All that was missing was the final ball and a clinical finish from Sakho or Carroll. Cresswell and Jenkinson both had poor games going forward which is unusual. Some of our decision-making in and around the final third was below standard also. I thought Sakho and Carroll had poor games from a finishing perspective. They both had relatively simple chances to finish; both failed to even hit the target. Downing showed them how to do it

We looked solid defensively and were rarely troubled by a poor Sunderland front "one". Gus Poyet must see something in training from Jozy Altidore to start him as the lone striker ahead of Fletcher (who always seems to score against us) who started from the bench or Connor Wickham who played from the left

We did miss Noble's "legs" in midfield as Nolan is a passenger most of the time; not having the speed across the ground or fitness to compete in there. Luckily Song and Kouyate were both excellent. Song in particular is just pure class

It is easy to look at this as a point gained. However, I see it as 2 points dropped

MoM: Alex Song. Pure class
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:41 am

had to keep one eye on SSN on sat as had granddaughter for the day and it was the first sat for weeks i was not down the Camrose or at an away game

Agree with Tony , Song is a massive signing for us this year and hope that we can retain him on a perm next year, seems both player and the board would like this to happen going by reports last week

had the lino on sat not basically given Sunderland the goal after Johnsons pathetic dive then I think we would have come out of that game 2 or 3 nil winners

Nobes is touch and go for the Leicester game by all accounts but it goes to show the impact he has...

anyway onwards and upwards ,
    so far

50% wins
    25 % draws
    and only 25% of games lost so far this season
    been a long long time since we have seen that
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:17 pm

Campo wrote:had to keep one eye on SSN on sat as had granddaughter for the day and it was the first sat for weeks i was not down the Camrose or at an away game

Agree with Tony , Song is a massive signing for us this year and hope that we can retain him on a perm next year, seems both player and the board would like this to happen going by reports last week

had the lino on sat not basically given Sunderland the goal after Johnsons pathetic dive then I think we would have come out of that game 2 or 3 nil winners

Nobes is touch and go for the Leicester game by all accounts but it goes to show the impact he has...

anyway onwards and upwards ,
    so far

50% wins
    25 % draws
    and only 25% of games lost so far this season
    been a long long time since we have seen that

Has been massive for us so far, him and Downing in the middle have made such a difference, giving others the chance to play more. No brainer for GaS pull out all the stops to keep him, finishing 4th should help! Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14 830028484
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:26 pm

[quote="Campo" Song is a massive signing for us this year and hope that we can retain him on a perm [/quote]

He don't need a perm, his hair is naturally curly.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:11 am

My only concern with Song is that if we can not make the deal permanent January if he carries on playing as well as he is at the moment then some of the bigger clubs will come in for him at the end of the season which unless we finish in a European place he wont reject bigger clubs to stay with us.

Song is the sort player we should be signing for when we move into the New stadium , We are a different team when Song does not play IMO
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:[quote="Campo" Song is a massive signing for us this year and hope that we can retain him on a perm  

He don't need a perm, his hair is naturally curly.[/quote]

Sunderland vs West Ham 12/13/14 3953004961
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 18 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm

Was your cocking up of the quoting to mock me!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 3:45 am