West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Tony P
manurewa hammer
Abbi Normal
Kray JR
Campo
mottinghammer
10 posters

Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning?

mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning? Empty Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning?

Post  mottinghammer Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:55 am

Seems to be playing really well in the American cup of nations (or whatever its called), hopefully we will see a bit more of him next season, and some goals as well. Didnt set the premiership on fire, but having been here a while may be more settled and give us some wide options.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning? Empty Re: Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning?

Post  Campo Sun 19 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

you read my mind mate, was just going to fire up a Barrera thread
    i think Grant totally detroyed this lads confidence , i expect BFS to bring him on in leaps and bounds given the chance
    I say keep him and use his strenghts , , he is a tricky little customer that can deliver a good cross
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning? Empty Re: Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning?

Post  Kray JR Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

Fingers crossed he comes back in the right frame of mind for a season in The Championship
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:20 pm

maybe a proper manager will get the best out of him
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

Could be a first..."hammers get best out of player" shock horror
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:09 pm

cheesey grin cheesey grin
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:59 am

I think the same applys to a few other young fellas in the sqaud as well.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:04 am

If you remember, we bought him because he played well in the WC2010 but was utter shite for us
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:29 am

I have whipped the slate clean, all the players who stay get
    to start from scratch with me. See what
    they can do ‘under new management’.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:17 pm

Makes sense Suz , gonna go with that myself , good call dudette Very Happy
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:14 pm

Totally agree those that have the balls to stay, fight for a place and help get the club back up, clean slate. Those billy big boots who are 'to good' to play in the cocopops, fupp off now, you are not wanted, you got us here, have the guts to get us back 😠
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:50 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Totally agree those that have the balls to stay, fight for a place and help get the club back up, clean slate. Those billy big boots who are 'to good' to play in the cocopops, fupp off now, you are not wanted, you got us here, have the guts to get us back 😠

i'm with the yer on this one
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:02 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Totally agree those that have the balls to stay, fight for a place and help get the club back up, clean slate. Those billy big boots who are 'to good' to play in the cocopops, fupp off now, you are not wanted, you got us here, have the guts to get us back Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning? 3181402168

Or, Billy Big Potatoes Very Happy

Post  Guest Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

I 3rd what the copper dude said.........
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:42 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:I have whipped the slate clean, all the players who stay get

Hmmm...what would he turn Cole into........a nice wardrobe perhaps ? finger
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 21 Jun 2011, 4:17 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Suzanne Claret wrote:I have whipped the slate clean, all the players who stay get

Hmmm...what would he turn Cole into........a nice wardrobe perhaps ? Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning? 603151

A decoy Very Happy
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:33 am

david gold tweeted that he thinks the young Mexican will be a star for us , so i presum that he aint going nowhere.

BFS is working on keeping Green and Specs too

Last edited by ThreeWheeling on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:00 am

Why is David Gold Tweeting and can he please be stopped Rolling Eyes
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

X 2 😠 When will these nobs stop this! Full of pish n wind and no fcuking sense for all the dosh they have
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning? Empty Looks like Sam is willing to give Pablo a chance

Post  Tony P Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:38 pm

From Sky Sports

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is confident Mexican Pablo Barrera will enjoy a more productive second season in English football.

The 24-year-old arrived last summer for a lofty fee, although he failed to make an impact and eventually slipped out of the first-team picture.

Allardyce is now at the helm and he believes having English lessons will help the winger adapt to life in England.

Barrera impressed for Mexico in this summer's Copa America tournament and Allardyce wants him to replicate that form at Upton Park.
    Big things

"He had a very successful tournament for Mexico and I am hoping for big things from him," he told the Recorder.

"It was a sizeable investment to bring him to the club last summer, but he struggled with the language barrier and the cultural changes of coming to a new country, so he hasn't had a very good experience here so far.

"In the end he was lost in the furore of last season because the manager went for his more experienced players to get them out of trouble, though of course that didn't w**k.

"I sat down with him and his agent to have a chat and I think the important thing is to make him as happy here as possible.

"That means English lessons for him and his wife and just helping him to adapt to life in England a little better. He is a very good player and I don't see why he can't play well in English football."

I hope so
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm

This is soooo hard for me to say................I'm really starting to like BFS! Bow Talks sense, is buying what looks like good players, and how many of us can remember 3 x clean sheets on the trot (even in friendlies!) things are looking up, well at the moment any way cheesey grin
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:54 pm

:imwstupid: Loathe though I am to admit it. All he needs to do now is ditch the chewing gum.
    Barrera (mexican dude) new beginning? Bubblegum
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 11:40 pm

x 2 on the chewing gum Telling
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:50 am

X3 on the chewing gum , he looks like a cow from old MacDonalds farm , E I E I O
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:10 am

Must have been mates with Fergie at some stage! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 11:58 am