West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Restrictions on non-EU players

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Restrictions on non-EU players  Empty Restrictions on non-EU players

Post  daib0 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:24 pm

FA's Greg Dyke announces plans to restrict non-EU players

FA chairman Greg Dyke has warned Premier League football is in danger of "having nothing to do with English people" as new proposals to limit the number of non-EU players are outlined by English football's governing body.

The FA has also revealed plans to toughen the rules on home-grown talent in the latest proposals from its commission, which was set up in 2013 to improve the England team.

The commission has also proposed changes to work permit rules having highlighted flaws in the system.

The stricter work-permit rules, approved by the Home Office on Friday, will come into force from 1 May.

Full article with legal questions raised: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your Views from the giddy heights of the Premier League?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Restrictions on non-EU players  Empty Re: Restrictions on non-EU players

Post  westhamonkey Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:40 am

Greg Dyke...

really?

He's the man in charge of English football?

fupp me...

I know it's not new news... but what's his qualifications for having anything to do with footie?

whether he's got a point or not... he's still Greg Dyke... just a serial managing director with a bevy of jobs on his resume and experience in none of the fields.

of course it would benefit the english national team and english youngsters to reduce or cap the number of foreign johnnies in english football... but that ain't gonna happen.

it's a decision enshrined in european law.. we'd either have to get the law changed, revoked or we'd have to exit the EU and got tell them all to go fupp themselves.

I see none of them happening...

perhaps a better law to impose would be to stop serial managing directors like mr dyke from skipping from industry to industry with no experience other than sitting in meetings and cashing paychecks...

but that ain't a world any of us are gonna living in any time soon...
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm

I care more about west ham then England, so if we have 6 non eu players but decent ones I for one am not bothered.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm

Sick of hearing about the EU and the way it pisses with our country and everything in it ......  Toilet

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:58 pm