West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Campo
mottinghammer
Blakey
Tony P
RichB
manurewa hammer
alfiehammer
Arran H
12 posters

Will he or Will he not ......

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Will he or Will he not ...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Will he or Will he not ......

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 26 May 2015, 11:59 am

Koeman had no PL experience, Monk had no managerial experience. It's a big a lottery as ever. Rodgers had a great first season and was hailed the Messiah now his name is shit. Football is a fickle lucky business; no appointment is a guaranteed thing-hence the merry-go-round of managers, every single season.

It's never been an exact science and never will be. It's what makes it a beautiful game but a heartless mistress!

Everyone contradicts themselves; imperative to have safe hands at the helm for the last season at UP so we don't go into the OS as a Chumps team but didn't want the safest hands we've had for a long while (on league finishing places) or "boring, non-achieving" managers like Moyes. Last manager who ever achieved anything at West Ham was Sir John. Reality is we need a good solid person who manages to get the right combination of2 luck, knowledge and know-how and can impart that on a team of squad players.

I'll, settle for 17th next season and every season before ever hoping for better. I think that's a realistic attitude and a healthy one (well, for my sanity anyhow)
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 26 May 2015, 5:04 pm

Since the West Brom away game in April 2014, I have been in favour of replacing Sam Allardyce IF the right man can be brought in to replace him. As Tony said earlier, my only problem was that I didn't trust them to do that. Back then though, I strongly believed the right man was Slaven Bilic and I am still firmly of that opinion.

Allardyce did a great job for us and should be thanked. His departure should now signal a change of direction while ensuring progress. Appointing Moyes may see progress but it will not see a change of direction - both are relatively negative in their approach.

Bilic, on the other hand, is a flexible, tactically astute manager who has experience of European football having taken Besiktas to the latter stages of the Europa League. He can deal with games coming thick and fast through his managerial experience at international tournaments and his playing knowledge of our Premier League. He is an intelligent man and his grasp of a number of languages, coupled with his status as a player, will attract players to West Ham United. In contrast, Bielsa can't even speak English!

My colours have been nailed firmly to Bilic's mast for over a year. After being linked with us in 2008, 2010 and 2014, I am really hopeful that his current circumstances coupled with our present situation will prove that this is the perfect time for him to return to east London
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 26 May 2015, 8:51 pm

TC agrees with you Dan !

"For me, Slaven Bilic is the number one choice to become West Ham United’s new manager. When you look at his credentials, he has enjoyed success at both domestic and international level, was a fantastic player, is a top guy and also has a strong connection with the Club.

I think it is important, if possible, for a manager to have a connection with a club, whether that be as a former player or coach, and Slaven was a very good player for West Ham. I would love to see Slaven Bilic get the job, as he has proved himself with Croatia and Besiktas and I believe he is available"
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 26 May 2015, 9:00 pm

Bilic would be one helluva gamble IMO. I'm expecting us to end up with someone a lot less exciting, and British.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 27 May 2015, 10:14 pm

Dan C wrote:Since the West Brom away game in April 2014, I have been in favour of replacing Sam Allardyce IF the right man can be brought in to replace him. As Tony said earlier, my only problem was that I didn't trust them to do that. Back then though, I strongly believed the right man was Slaven Bilic and I am still firmly of that opinion.

Allardyce did a great job for us and should be thanked. His departure should now signal a change of direction while ensuring progress. Appointing Moyes may see progress but it will not see a change of direction - both are relatively negative in their approach.

Bilic, on the other hand, is a flexible, tactically astute manager who has experience of European football having taken Besiktas to the latter stages of the Europa League. He can deal with games coming thick and fast through his managerial experience at international tournaments and his playing knowledge of our Premier League. He is an intelligent man and his grasp of a number of languages, coupled with his status as a player, will attract players to West Ham United. In contrast, Bielsa can't even speak English!

My colours have been nailed firmly to Bilic's mast for over a year. After being linked with us in 2008, 2010 and 2014, I am really hopeful that his current circumstances coupled with our present situation will prove that this is the perfect time for him to return to east London
    Demba Ba (currently playing under Bilic at Besiktas) also agrees with you !!

Bilic would be a ‘good choice’ for West Ham says Demba Ba
    Posted by
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    May 27, 2015

Will he or Will he not ...... - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2014-12-03-at-12.50.37

Beşiktaş striker Demba Ba underlined that Slaven Bilic would be a good choice to take over as the next West Ham manager.

“He is full of motivation and very close to the players and it helped, especially us in Beşiktaş,” Ba said speaking to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at the Human Appeal Celebrity Gala Football dinner at the Marriott Hotel.

Ba also stated that Bilic works well with younger players and that he could help develop the Hammers rising stars if he were to join in the summer.

“We have a young team and he helps a lot. He is a good guy. He would be a good choice.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ba joined Beşiktaş from Chelsea in the summer and excelled under the former Croatian national team manager this season.

The Senegalese international has scored a total of 28 goals and provided seven assists in all competitions this season.

Ba also broke a personal best scoring 18 league goals for the first time in a single season in his career.

Beşiktaş will finish the 2014-15 season in third place despite being involved in the title race until last week.

Bilic has revealed that he will be leaving the Black Eagles following the last game of the season against Gençlerbirliği.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 28 May 2015, 8:49 am

Blakey wrote:What Tony said about what Campo said

Billic is an unknown quantity. Is that really what we want for next season, knowing what is happening the season after?

I think the Daves will want someone who had the requisite experience of the Premier League.

It's going to be pullis then Will he or Will he not ...... - Page 2 3953004961

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:02 am