West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
mottinghammer
Jiggs
Arran H
Campo
Tony P
9 posters

How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League Empty How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League

Post  Tony P Mon 18 May 2015, 9:27 pm

West Ham cancel pitch events in preparation for Europe

West Ham have cancelled all pitch events scheduled in May and June in preparation for the Europa League qualifiers

The club have today cancelled the entire pitch event schedule throughout May and June as it looks increasingly likely that the Hammers will gain a Europa League spot via the fair-play league.

Fans who had made arrangements to play at Upton Park during May and June were told: "We have taken the decision to cancel the pitch event schedule in May / June." by Managing Director Angus Kinnear.

"At this stage of the season, it seems likely that the club could be eligible to participate in the UEFA Europa League qualifiers that start at the beginning of July."

The decision has been taken by the club to cancel booked events now, as the pitch at Upton Park will need to be re-laid in the next few weeks, much earlier than normal.

​How the start of the 2015/16 season could look, should West Ham qualify

•Jul 2: Europa League 1st qualifying round, 1st leg
    •Jul 9: Europa League 1st qualifying round, 2nd leg
    •16 July: Europa League 2nd qualifying round, 1st leg
    •23 July: Europa League 2nd qualifying round, 2nd leg
    •30 July: Europa League 3rd qualifying round, 1st leg
    •6 Aug: Europa League 3rd qualifying round, 3rd leg
    •8 Aug: Premier League
    •15 Aug: Premier League
    •20 Aug: Europa League play-off, 1st leg
    •22 Aug: Premier League
    •27 Aug: Europa League play-off, 2nd leg
    •29 Aug: Premier League

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League Empty Re: How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League

Post  Campo Mon 18 May 2015, 11:13 pm

We would have to make a complete arse on the weekend now not to qualify through the fair play league,
    With such a thin squad this could have a real impact in the first month or tow of the league (provided we don't do the farce of Palemo again)
    Arran H
    Reserves

How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League Empty Re: How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League

Post  Arran H Tue 19 May 2015, 5:39 am

Bloody hell that`s worst then I thought it would be Tony , I thought there were only Two qualifying rounds then you were in the Group Stages didn't realise there were 3 rounds before the Group , This will kill us next season if we don't invest in the squad heavily this summer !
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 19 May 2015, 6:58 am

Campo wrote:We would have to make a complete arse on the weekend now not to qualify through the fair play league,
    With such a thin squad this could have a real impact in the first month or tow of the league (provided we don't do the farce of Palemo again)

It is also dependent on Liverpool finishing 6th or higher
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 24 May 2015, 9:13 am

We're not ready for this .........  How the start of our season could look if we qualify for the Europa League 1803945174
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 24 May 2015, 10:20 am

What the bird said! No strength in depth. We will get murdered if we get through the qualifying rounds and come up against even a half decent German, Spanish or Italian side.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sun 24 May 2015, 2:12 pm

The way I look at it is to treat them as pre-season friendlies. Nice if we win but no great problem if we don't. Can't see the problem.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 25 May 2015, 5:08 am

RichB wrote:The way I look at it is to treat them as pre-season friendlies. Nice if we win but no great problem if we don't. Can't see the problem.  
    Yep, maybe Rich, but we will still need a bigger squad to cope.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 25 May 2015, 7:41 am

Just thought , Do you think the new manager whoever that may be will take the Europa league seriously next season who concentrate more on making sure we are in the prem for our first season in the new stadium ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 25 May 2015, 7:44 am

I would see it as a similar start to the season that we had in 1999 in the Intertoto Cup; which we won

It was like a very competitive pre-season and meant that we started the season less rusty than other teams. It did catch up on us around Christmas time as our small squad started to creak. If we have qualified then the owners and new manager need to make sure that the squad is robust enough to cope with the additional fixtures
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 25 May 2015, 2:46 pm

Tony P wrote:I would see it as a similar start to the season that we had in 1999 in the Intertoto Cup; which we won

It was like a very competitive pre-season and meant that we started the season less rusty than other teams. It did catch up on us around Christmas time as our small squad started to creak. If we have qualified then the owners and new manager need to make sure that the squad is robust enough to cope with the additional fixtures

Hasn't it always been so? Intertoto or not? Even BFSA or not?

As a child growing up, one of our family sayings was "West Ham come down with the Christmas lights" - so it's been a regular "thing" that we get shit after Christmas.

speaking of which... any of you other older 'hammers remember hearing that saying or a similar version of it?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 25 May 2015, 2:53 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    Tony P wrote:I would see it as a similar start to the season that we had in 1999 in the Intertoto Cup; which we won

As a child growing up, one of our family sayings was "West Ham come down with the Christmas lights" - so it's been a regular "thing" that we get shit after Christmas.

speaking of which... any of you other older 'hammers remember hearing that saying or a similar version of it?
    I've grown up with it !
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 26 May 2015, 11:57 am

Was being said in 1967 when I first went to Upton Park as a skinny 11 year old, nothing much changes except I'm now a fat 58 year old emot
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 26 May 2015, 7:37 pm

Tony P wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

I've grown up with it !

me too
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 27 May 2015, 9:58 am

And I ! nothing new here!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 29 May 2015, 10:19 am

I seem to recall my dad mentioned....."It did catch up on us around Christmas time" when telling me a hammers story on the day I was born  lol!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 29 May 2015, 8:38 pm

muttley
    We usually play shit on Boxing day when the decs should still be up!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 5:00 pm