West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Blakey
mottinghammer
JulianDicksLeftKnee
alfiehammer
Campo
Tony P
10 posters

Our revamped squad

Arran H
    Reserves

Our revamped squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Our revamped squad

Post  Arran H Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:31 am

I know it`s a difficult one but does anyone think that had we brought in the players we have this year last season along with the ones we did whether or not we would of been looking at playing champions league football ?? I mean last year we all knew it went wrong onece Sakho,kouyate and song lost abit of form but this year we have back up and good up as well , ie if Noble gets injured we Obiang etc
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 05 Sep 2015, 10:51 am

champions league football? Really. No I don't think we are anywhere near champions league standard. Liverpool and spuds spent far much more (£100 million a piece a few times) and don't look champions league quality. 

We just got turniped by Astra after all.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm

and as much as everyone concentrates on us getting turniped by Astra... don't for get... we actually lost to the Maltans before that and only got through on penalties...

the form we had after xmas was lucky not to get us relegated...

and before e get too carried away with four new players who haven't even stepped on the field yet (yes, I know we've seen Song before... but which Song as we gonna get?)

and the regular players we have got turniped by Bournemouth and Leicester...

So it's going to be interesting times at the Boleyn...

Interesting... unpredictable... but always West Ham
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 06 Sep 2015, 9:56 am

indeed. Don't get me strong, very strong squad, and I'm very excited and optimistic....but also tinged with a bit of long (ish) West Ham experience and, as monkey man said, memories fresh of seeing our defence cut through like butter by Leicester and Bournemouth. 

I'm not ever expecting to see West Ham in the champions league. I just don't think we'll fly that high. Having a big stadium won't make that much difference. Newcastle and Sunderland have 50k stadiums too after all. 

Work to be done. But going in the right direction and that's enough for me

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm