West Ham Cockney Boys


    Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Share
    avatar
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

    Posts : 1927
    Join date : 2012-08-15
    Age : 34
    Location : East Sussex

    Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  alfiehammer on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 3:44 pm

    If true, and with an ocean of regret, I now think for the first time we have to cut our losses on him and sell/release from contract. And he's actually my fave player but I have hit that point I just don't think we can afford to keep him anymore
    avatar
    Jiggs
    1st team

    Posts : 5269
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 59
    Location : Romford or Upton Park

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Jiggs on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 9:17 pm

    Due to his recurrent injuries I don't think we could give him away Alfonse ....  Sad


    _________________
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3520
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 56
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Tony P on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 9:34 pm

    Andy Carroll has shown his worth over the last month. He has worked very hard to get back to full fitness and this hamstring strain is just bad luck

    Having said that we clearly cannot rely on him or Sakho to remain fit throughout a season so as the only two positions we really need to strengthen in the summer are at right back and up front we should spend BIG on a top top striker
    avatar
    Blakey
    Reserves

    Posts : 1221
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Location : Norff

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Blakey on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 5:45 am

    Tony P wrote:Andy Carroll has shown his worth over the last month. He has worked very hard to get back to full fitness and this hamstring strain is just bad luck

    Having said that we clearly cannot rely on him or Sakho to remain fit throughout a season so as the only two positions we really need to strengthen in the summer are at right back and up front we should spend BIG on a top top striker

    For what we allegedly paid for Mr Carroll, I expect more than a hand full of games per season. We need him off the wage bill as currently, in my most humble opinion, he is not earning his keep. Bit harsh to lump Sakho in with Carroll as a sicknote though. We really don't know enough about him or his injury proneness, (if that's not an actual word, it should be),  as yet. With Mr Carroll though, the facts are there for all to see. Hence why it'll be nigh on impossible to shift him on unless the club are prepared to take a massive loss on him of Savio proportions. 

    Agree we need to spend on a goal scorer and right back, although, to be fair, Tomkins has been doing a thoroughly decent job there. 

    Would we want a big name striker with a big reputation or would we be happy for the scouting team to unearth another gem from foreign fields? With big name comes big wages and big expectation. Could cause unrest in a currently, (so it would appear), happy dressing room.
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3520
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 56
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Tony P on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 7:12 am

    Blakey wrote:
    Tony P wrote:Andy Carroll has shown his worth over the last month. He has worked very hard to get back to full fitness and this hamstring strain is just bad luck

    Having said that we clearly cannot rely on him or Sakho to remain fit throughout a season so as the only two positions we really need to strengthen in the summer are at right back and up front we should spend BIG on a top top striker

    For what we allegedly paid for Mr Carroll, I expect more than a hand full of games per season. We need him off the wage bill as currently, in my most humble opinion, he is not earning his keep. Bit harsh to lump Sakho in with Carroll as a sicknote though. We really don't know enough about him or his injury proneness, (if that's not an actual word, it should be),  as yet. With Mr Carroll though, the facts are there for all to see. Hence why it'll be nigh on impossible to shift him on unless the club are prepared to take a massive loss on him of Savio proportions. 

    Agree we need to spend on a goal scorer and right back, although, to be fair, Tomkins has been doing a thoroughly decent job there. 

    Would we want a big name striker with a big reputation or would we be happy for the scouting team to unearth another gem from foreign fields? With big name comes big wages and big expectation. Could cause unrest in a currently, (so it would appear), happy dressing room.
    1. He has been injured so it is pretty difficult to earn your keep when you cannot play
    2. I am not "lumping" Sakho in as a sicknote. I am stating the fact that neither of them can seemingly be relied upon to go through a season without missing significant periods of it through injury. Out of the 77 matches since the beginning of last season Sakho has played in just 35 of them; 45% - ie less than half. How would you categorise that sort of appearance record
    3. Tomkins has been doing a "decent" job at right back. Decent, nothing more. He gives us very little going forward and is by trade and admission a centre back
    4. I never mentioned a "big name". I said we should SPEND big on a top, top striker. We need a reliable goal scorer. We have everything else in our squad. Wages and expectation come with the territory I am afraid. Why not aim big? We are going into the OS next season with pots of Sky money, a good squad and manager and are looking to kick on
    avatar
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 2487
    Join date : 2011-02-22
    Age : 61
    Location : Narf Naarfolk 140 miles from UP

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  mottinghammer on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 4:45 pm

    yeah that  This time with Carroll it is just plain bad luck and nothing to do with former injuries, I'm sure he is as pissed off as the fans. If he had continued with the form of the last few weeks he would have been an outside bet for the Euros.

    We want to be a 'big' club and that means spending big, GnS will make their money from the sale of UP once we move, which means we will be in a position to use the TV cash to spend big, onwards and upwards
    avatar
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

    Posts : 975
    Join date : 2011-07-13
    Location : Oxfordshire

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  SemiOldIron on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 5:48 pm

    We don't know the details of Carroll's contract, but I would hope that there are clauses which mean that he gets less money when injured.With his deteriorating injury record his resale value is now -relatively - low, so it makes more sense to me to keep him and use him when he's fit. No one is going to build a team round him now,but he's a useful card to have in your hand and I think his attitude is still good.
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3520
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 56
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Tony P on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 7:17 pm

    SemiOldIron wrote:We don't know the details of Carroll's contract, but I would hope that there are clauses which mean that he gets less money when injured.With his deteriorating injury record his resale value is now -relatively - low, so it makes more sense to me to keep him and use him when he's fit. No one is going to build a team round him now,but he's a useful card to have in your hand and I think his attitude is still good.

    I doubt it. What sane player or agent would agree to that in their contract? Injuries are part and parcel of the game
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3520
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 56
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Slaven Bilic's take on AC

    Post  Tony P on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 7:18 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

    Posts : 975
    Join date : 2011-07-13
    Location : Oxfordshire

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  SemiOldIron on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 3:04 pm

    Tony P wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:We don't know the details of Carroll's contract, but I would hope that there are clauses which mean that he gets less money when injured.With his deteriorating injury record his resale value is now -relatively - low, so it makes more sense to me to keep him and use him when he's fit. No one is going to build a team round him now,but he's a useful card to have in your hand and I think his attitude is still good.

    I doubt it. What sane player or agent would agree to that in their contract? Injuries are part and parcel of the game

    So is everyone on the same money whether or not they play nowadays?
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3520
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 56
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Tony P on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

    SemiOldIron wrote:
    Tony P wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:We don't know the details of Carroll's contract, but I would hope that there are clauses which mean that he gets less money when injured.With his deteriorating injury record his resale value is now -relatively - low, so it makes more sense to me to keep him and use him when he's fit. No one is going to build a team round him now,but he's a useful card to have in your hand and I think his attitude is still good.

    I doubt it. What sane player or agent would agree to that in their contract? Injuries are part and parcel of the game

    So is everyone on the same money whether or not they play nowadays?

    I don't know for certain but I would imagine that the only players who have clauses about additional payments after playing a certain number of games are ones who have had a poor injury record in the past
    avatar
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

    Posts : 1927
    Join date : 2012-08-15
    Age : 34
    Location : East Sussex

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  alfiehammer on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:06 pm

    J
    Tony P wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:
    Tony P wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:We don't know the details of Carroll's contract, but I would hope that there are clauses which mean that he gets less money when injured.With his deteriorating injury record his resale value is now -relatively - low, so it makes more sense to me to keep him and use him when he's fit. No one is going to build a team round him now,but he's a useful card to have in your hand and I think his attitude is still good.

    I doubt it. What sane player or agent would agree to that in their contract? Injuries are part and parcel of the game

    So is everyone on the same money whether or not they play nowadays?

    I don't know for certain but I would imagine that the only players who have clauses about additional payments after playing a certain number of games are ones who have had a poor injury record in the past
    I would imagine that's about right. Unless a player is absolute quality when he is fit, he otherwise won't be in a very commanding position when coming to the negotiating table and is far more luckily to accept a 'pay as u play deal'. Which is what I'd want to see us offer Carroll should he ever sign another contract

    Arran H
    Reserves

    Posts : 1428
    Join date : 2011-07-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Isle of Wight

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Arran H on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 8:54 am

    Unfortunately it look`s Carroll will finish his career at West ham as no Club or Manager ( Apart from Allardyce ) is going to want to buy/loan Carroll from us with injuries he always bar this one which is one that he couldn't prevent but I would like us to bring a striker on loan this window as cover etc
    avatar
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

    Posts : 1714
    Join date : 2011-04-01
    Age : 67
    Location : Auckland New Zealand

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  manurewa hammer on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:03 am

    Arran H wrote:Unfortunately it look`s Carroll will finish his career at West ham as no Club or Manager ( Apart from Allardyce ) is going to want to buy/loan Carroll from us with injuries he always bar this one which is one that he couldn't prevent but I would like us to bring a striker on loan this window as cover etc
    And why would Carroll, want to go to Sunderland, get relegated, and play in the chumps league next season with Fat Sam (assuming he does't get the tin tack!) Far better to stay with us, get/stay fit if possible and have a half decent season. ( I wish!)
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3520
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 56
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Tony P on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 10:47 am

    Arran H wrote:Unfortunately it look`s Carroll will finish his career at West ham as no Club or Manager ( Apart from Allardyce ) is going to want to buy/loan Carroll from us with injuries he always bar this one which is one that he couldn't prevent but I would like us to bring a striker on loan this window as cover etc
    Carroll does not WANT to go anywhere. He is perfectly happy with us. He loves living down here. His partner is from Essex

    Also we are not looking to sell him. It is silly season. Come Feb 1st it will all die down again

    Move on

    Arran H
    Reserves

    Posts : 1428
    Join date : 2011-07-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Isle of Wight

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Arran H on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

    Tony P wrote:
    Arran H wrote:Unfortunately it look`s Carroll will finish his career at West ham as no Club or Manager ( Apart from Allardyce ) is going to want to buy/loan Carroll from us with injuries he always bar this one which is one that he couldn't prevent but I would like us to bring a striker on loan this window as cover etc
    Carroll does not WANT to go anywhere. He is perfectly happy with us. He loves living down here. His partner is from Essex

    Also we are not looking to sell him. It is silly season. Come Feb 1st it will all die down again

    Move on


    I`m not being funny but I would be perfectly happy to stay with us if I was injury prune and STILL getting paid £100,000 a week for doing fupp all

    Sponsored content

    Re: Carroll out for 4-6 weeks apparently.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 5:18 am