West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum)

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum) Empty Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum)

Post  daib0 Sat 28 May 2016, 9:16 am

Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum)

Introduction

Hi boys and girls,

The "Euros Match Scores Game 2016" is on this forum together with just a very few other special forums. But each forum will have its own individual competition, you play against each other on here and not against other fan club sites, though I will give the highest points of all for top placings just for interest. It’s a fun competition, you make a prediction and then sit back and enjoy! Who’s in on this?
    Reading - Royals Rendezvous
    Blackpool - Back Henry Street
    Peterborough – The Posh Forum
    Sunderland – Black Cat Chat
    Leeds – LUFC Talk
    West Ham – Cockney Boys
    Liverpool – Talk the Reds
    Wigan – This Northern Soul
    Bournemouth – Court Offside

It will be divided into some 8 stages, as we progress through the competition. At first with taking note of the scores for the home nations games, and then from the knock-out stages each round for all remaining teams.

What is the basic idea of the competition then?!

For the group stages and all rounds up to and including the quarter-finals you make score predictions and there are points (max. 6 per game, always at least one point even if totally wrong for making an entry!) awarded after you give your guesses of the EXACT scores (later on, for the SF & final these points go from 1 to 10 and with extra bonuses, but that will be made very clear when we arrive there!).

Each stage will be a separate little comp in itself and according to your prediction scores each round OVERALL finishing place points will be awarded to people for the first five placings. That is in terms of points 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 (and there may be ties on each placing so there could be more than five people with points per round).

The following stage will also have its own 5-4-3-2-1 points so these are added on to the first scores and so on. You go mounting up your prediction score through the tournament. The overall winner is he or she who has most points from adding up ALL the stages. The top predictors can truly claim they are experts at this!! Obviously though, if you miss a round or two you have less chances of finishing high up, though anyone can join at any point and is welcome.

It will be dead easy, simply giving a score prediction before-hand. For the semi-finals and finals there will be higher points available for each individual game prediction, and a few extra bonus points available on the table; however from those round winners we will award the 5-4-3-2-1 marks for the finishing positions of excellence as normal.
    However – for forums not arriving at three or four or five participants, I’ll also be posting the added up points for EACH match in an inter-forum list, so still very much worthwhile taking part …

In the knock-out stages we are looking at FT at 90 mins if a result produces a winner, OR at 120 mins of play (end of Extra Time) regardless if the game produces a result or is a draw and goes to penalties – meaning that the 120 mins score is the DEFINITIVE for us so this could be a draw (therefore penalties are NOT counted as part of this game ... )

Careful!

The Euros 2016 kick off on 10th June but as we do not know who will proceed to the next stages or rounds you will need to tune in regularly to this topic after the group matches have finished.

Let’s get started!!!

First maybe read through the complete spiel on this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , or if not just follow my example next post and that’s it!
    For the group stages and all rounds up to and including the quarter-finals these are the points (max. 6 per match) awarded after you give your guesses of how you see the EXACT scores (later on, for the SF & final points go from 1 to 10 and with extra bonuses!).

POINTS to be gained ...

EXACT SCORE with correctly named winning team 6 points

RIGHT RESULT and winning goal margin correct (e.g. you say a team wins 3-1 but it finishes 4-2, or 2-0) or a draw 'one goal out' (e.g. you say 1-1 but it is 2-2) 4 points

RIGHT RESULT (but winning/draw goal margins out) 3 points

WRONG RESULT but reward for an entry! 1 point
    + Postponed or Abandoned? In this unlikely event the game is void, but you are awarded two points for the inconvenience!

Editing of any of the predictions is allowed up to kick-off time of the first match played but then are counted as definitive ... but please, it is YOUR responsibility to tell me on the thread or by PM if you change your entry otherwise I may not see it!

------------------------------------------------

SO TO KICK OFF …

a reminder of what matches we are talking about as the competition opens up, I’ll need your predictions for THESE matches first:

A – First batch of group matches
    We ONLY need the home nations score (as shown below), not every game played!
    Group stages: first games (all times CET)

Saturday 11 June, 18.00 (Bordeaux): Wales v Slovakia – Group B
    Saturday 11 June, 21.00 (Marseille): England v Russia – Group B
    Sunday 12 June, 18.00 (Nice): Poland v Northern Ireland – Group C
    Monday 13 June, 18.00 (St-Denis): Republic of Ireland v Sweden – Group E

Entries for these games in BEFORE kick-off of the first match …

B – Second batch of group matches
    Group stages: second games (only three matches this time as two home nations face each other) (all times CET)

Thursday 16 June, 15.00 (Lens): England v Wales – Group B
    Thursday 16 June, 18.00 (Lyon): Ukraine v Northern Ireland – Group C
    Saturday 18 June, 15.00 (Bordeaux): Belgium v Republic of Ireland – Group E

C – 3rd batch of group matches
    Group stages: third games (all times CET)

Monday 20 June, 21.00 (St-Etienne): Slovakia v England – Group B
    Monday 20 June, 21.00 (Toulouse): Russia v Wales – Group B
    Tuesday 21 June, 18.00 (Paris): Northern Ireland v Germany – Group C
    Wednesday 22 June, 21.00 (Lille): Italy v Republic of Ireland – Group E

As you prefer - you can give all scores for the first three stages in one go as I have done below next post or 'batch-by-batch'

When we know who has qualified for the next stage I’ll be right onto it for the next stages!!!

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum) Empty Re: Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum)

Post  daib0 Sat 28 May 2016, 9:16 am

As just mentioned  - you can give all scores for the first three stages in one go as I have done below  or 'batch-by-batch' of games (don't forget to look in regularly in that case, for those games starting 11th June, the ‘B’ stage by 16th June & the ‘C’ by 20th June)

I’ll need your predictions for THESE matches first; points and winners' points are available here for each of these three stages:

Here is my entry for A – First batch of Group Matches
    Saturday 11 June, 18.00 (Bordeaux): Wales v Slovakia – 1-0
    Saturday 11 June, 21.00 (Marseille): England v Russia – 2-0
    Sunday 12 June, 18.00 (Nice): Poland v Northern Ireland – 3-2
    Monday 13 June, 18.00 (St-Denis): Republic of Ireland v Sweden – 1-1

B – Second batch of group matches
    Thursday 16 June, 15.00 (Lens): England v Wales – 2-1
    Thursday 16 June, 18.00 (Lyon): Ukraine v Northern Ireland – 1-1
    Saturday 18 June, 15.00 (Bordeaux): Belgium v Republic of Ireland – 1-1

C – 3rd batch of group matches
    Monday 20 June, 21.00 (St-Etienne): Slovakia v England –  0-2
    Monday 20 June, 21.00 (Toulouse): Russia v Wales – 1-2
    Tuesday 21 June, 18.00 (Paris): Northern Ireland v Germany – 0-3
    Wednesday 22 June, 21.00 (Lille): Italy v Republic of Ireland – 2-0
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum) Empty Re: Euros 2016 Prediction Score Game (Inter-Forum)

Post  daib0 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:49 am

On a lateral - SHIRTS

Just that ...

this is what you can expect to actually see in June and July during the Euros -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 02 Jun 2016, 8:21 am

I don't see Scotland in there Wink
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:33 am

Blakey wrote:I don't see Scotland in there Wink

Paddy Power presents Scotland's Euro 2016 anthem

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Thu 02 Jun 2016, 7:53 pm

Sure to be more over the weekend and especially next week, but participants on each site currently stand at:
    READING - Royals Rendezvous 6
    BLACKPOOL - Back Henry Street 5
    LEEDS - LUFC Talk 4
    LIVERPOOOL - Talk the Reds 2
    PETERBOROUGH - Posh Forum 1
    WIGAN - This Northern Soul 1
    SUNDERLAND - Black Cat Chat - 1
    BOURNEMOUTH - CourtOffside 0
    WEST HAM - Cockney Boys 0

EURO GAME – total ENTRIES 20

I’ve now given an invite to Blackburn’s RoversTalk and WBA’s BaggiesZone ...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:22 am