West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Tony P
mottinghammer
Charlie Ham
Arran H
8 posters

Just a question to get you thinking......

Arran H
    Reserves

Just a question to get you thinking...... Empty Just a question to get you thinking......

Post  Arran H Sun 06 Nov 2016, 8:04 am

I know this is a stupid question really as nothing can be done about it etc.
    But do you think had we stayed at Upton Park would we of had the shit start to the season we have had now or do you believe the new ground as had a massive play in why we have struggled so much this year so far ?

Me personally I think had we stayed at Upton Park I believe we would of made a good start to the season because the good atmosphere which was around the whole team last year would of carried on into this season - I believe the move has brought in a bad atmosphere into the club which has affected the players a lot !

I know we moved because we wanted to move on to become a bigger club etc but me personally think staying at Upton Park would of been the best thing to do because every team hated coming to that ground because the atmosphere the home fans produced etc and I cant ever see the new ground getting close to that personally. I can see the new move killing West Ham Tbh.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Just a question to get you thinking...... Empty Re: Just a question to get you thinking......

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 06 Nov 2016, 10:48 am

I don't believe the stadium has anything to do with how we are playing. In the last quarter of last season the chinks were starting to show and we had trouble trying to keep clean sheets. Transfers in the summer should have taken care of this but have failed. Indeed our transfer policy during the summer was laughable, over 10 players brought in with only 1 or 2 looking like they can do a reasonable job. Due to the bad performances of the team all the problems with the stadium are being amplified from standing, view, cost of food, travel to ground and security.
    Take me at yesterday's game. Walking from Stratford is a pain for me due to my bad knees. When arriving at stadium had to queue, 13:50 due to so called fault with entry system. On buying a pie they had no forks so ended going back and not only asking for myself but a number of others. Pie was OK with no problems up to kick off. Remember speaking to the guy next to me and we both agreed that we felt the stadium was good and our views good. Then we are into the game with our lot being negative and Stoke playing for time from the kick off. Not a lot of chances for us in front of goal and only 1 minute of extra time even though they had 3 players that needed treatment in the first half. On with the second half and Bilic makes his useless substitution which pissed me and many others off. We get a goal but cannot defend this due to our Comical keeper so drop 2 points at home.
    I stay an extra half hour to let the crowd dispersed and then still get caught in the stop go system and end up in a queue at Stratford international station. DLR was packed and had to stand all the way to Woolwich so by the time tat I got home I was well pissed off and complaining about any little thing of which the stadium had only a small part to play.
    If we had better players and a better performance then most problems with the stadium we would cope with. For me the feel good factor comes from the team and team performances which are just not happening. With this team we would have been struggling at UP and now find ourselves in a fight to stay in the Priemer league. We will be the laughing stock of London if we go down having such a large new stadium and it can only happen to West Ham.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Just a question to get you thinking...... Empty Re: Just a question to get you thinking......

Post  mottinghammer Sun 06 Nov 2016, 4:21 pm

I've not been to the new stadium yet, heard complaints from long standing season ticket holders about the distance from the station and more or else what Charlie said above. Have heard few complaints about the atmosphere or noise level, but have heard loads about the teams performance both collectively and individually. 
    On the radio I heard one pundit describe West Hams transfer policy as buying 13 second hand BMWs instead of 4 Ferrari's, and I think that sums it up. We have bought quantity for a failed Europa league campaign instead of quality for a decent Premier league campaign. Not one of those brought in has pulled up any trees, to the level that we are hoping Sakho and injured Andy can come back and turn chances into goals as ZaZa Gabor, Callerei and Ayew dont look like any sort of answer. 
    Staying at Upton Park would have made no difference, the team are poor from back to front and are not performing any where near a level to keep us up. Our saving grace has been Blunderland Sawansea and Hull are even worse. As David Moyes said 'we are in a relegation fight'  why? Because we have not improved our squad while others have. IMHO  Just a question to get you thinking...... 2723394577
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 06 Nov 2016, 5:03 pm

That`s the point I`m trying to make had we stayed at Upton Park after finishing 7th breaking lot`s of club records along the way last season their would of been NO negative atmosphere creeping in as everyone would of stayed positive over the summer etc but instead because this move split fans up with some like myself rather stay at Upton Park and the other half wanting to move it cause a negative atmosphere to creep in amongst the fans which has spread to the players along with injuries to key players etc which has affected the way we play and as a result the results haven't been what we would of expected at start of season.

Fegoulie , Fernandez and Fletcher and even Ayew are all good signings for us and will come good for us but Zaza has been a poor signing and I just hope we send him back and bring in defender instead as with Sakho coming back we wont need any more strikers what Calleri at the club - who like Tevez did will need time to settle into this league and lets be honest Bilic hasn't really given him a run in the side yet.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 06 Nov 2016, 6:33 pm

Aaran I don't believe it's the move that has cause a negative atmosphere but the transfer dealing in the summer and the poor team performance during the Europa cup followed by the league. Any problems with the new stadium just get amplified by people feeling bad and fed up with our team performances. A lot of us thought we would do better and move on. We now have Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool as our next 4 league games, anyone think we may be bottom of the league after this?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 06 Nov 2016, 9:45 pm

mottinghammer wrote:I've not been to the new stadium yet, heard complaints from long standing season ticket holders about the distance from the station and more or else what Charlie said above. Have heard few complaints about the atmosphere or noise level, but have heard loads about the teams performance both collectively and individually. 
    On the radio I heard one pundit describe West Hams transfer policy as buying 13 second hand BMWs instead of 4 Ferrari's, and I think that sums it up. We have bought quantity for a failed Europa league campaign instead of quality for a decent Premier league campaign. Not one of those brought in has pulled up any trees, to the level that we are hoping Sakho and injured Andy can come back and turn chances into goals as ZaZa Gabor, Callerei and Ayew dont look like any sort of answer
    Staying at Upton Park would have made no difference, the team are poor from back to front and are not performing any where near a level to keep us up. Our saving grace has been Blunderland Sawansea and Hull are even worse. As David Moyes said 'we are in a relegation fight'  why? Because we have not improved our squad while others have. IMHO  Just a question to get you thinking...... 2723394577
    Bit harsh on Ayew. He has been injured since the first game of the season in August. He got ZERO service yesterday and ended up coming back into our half to get the ball to try and make something happen. He will be a good signing with service and support from midfield
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 07 Nov 2016, 8:57 pm

Arran H wrote:I know this is a stupid question really as nothing can be done about it etc.
    But do you think had we stayed at Upton Park would we of had the shit start to the season we have had now or do you believe the new ground as had a massive play in why we have struggled so much this year so far ?

Me personally I think had we stayed at Upton Park I believe we would of made a good start to the season because the good atmosphere which was around the whole team last year would of carried on into this season - I believe the move has brought in a bad atmosphere into the club which has affected the players a lot !

I know we moved because we wanted to move on to become a bigger club etc but me personally think staying at Upton Park would of been the best thing to do because every team hated coming to that ground because the atmosphere the home fans produced etc and I cant ever see the new ground getting close to that personally. I can see the new move killing West Ham Tbh.

If we had stayed at Upton Park with the same players we have now I have no doubt we would have been in the same position.

I've said it many times this season, the fact that we attacked well and scored plenty of goals last season papered of the cracks of a fragile defence for me. Because we haven't been doing that this season our shocking defending has been shown up massively.

Nothing to do with the new stadium in my eyes dude.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 09 Nov 2016, 5:06 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    Arran H wrote:I know this is a stupid question really as nothing can be done about it etc.

If we had stayed at Upton Park with the same players we have now I have no doubt we would have been in the same position.

I've said it many times this season, the fact that we attacked well and scored plenty of goals last season papered of the cracks of a fragile defence for me. Because we haven't been doing that this season our shocking defending has been shown up massively.

Nothing to do with the new stadium in my eyes dude.

clap
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 10 Nov 2016, 7:22 am

Yep, not the stadium ( which I liked when there for Watford). The players are playing on a piece of grass roughly the same size as Upton Pk, against the same Premier League sides as last year. Its performances that will help, and a few wins will make a big difference.Um, where might those come from in the next 5 games? LETS HOPE BUT!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 10 Nov 2016, 8:37 am

manurewa hammer wrote:Yep, not the stadium ( which I liked when there for Watford). The players are playing on a piece of grass roughly the same size as Upton Pk, against the same Premier League sides as last year. Its performances that will help, and a few wins will make a big difference.Um, where might those come from in the next 5 games? LETS HOPE BUT!

800 square yards bigger apparently
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

Five meters longer and four meters wider , same as Wemberly . I just googled it Smile  Maybe this is the problem , the size difference
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 10 Nov 2016, 5:23 pm

I know it sounds stupid but maybe the pitch being bigger has made a difference to the way the players play , I guess last year we were closing down Opponents quickly etc but maybe where the pitch is bigger this year maybe the players are struggling to get to grips with closing the opponents down quickly or that teams are where they couldn't last year but can this year are taking advantage of the extra space on the pitch etc ?!?

I can`t see us going down this year but I can see us finishing in the bottom half of the table unless start to pick up points as soon as possible !

Just quickie - Didn't we pick up most of our points against the so called big clubs last season ?
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:07 am

I Would have thought that by FA rules, pitches would have  to be that same size  give or take a tiny bit? If it is way bigger, then just reduce the pitch dimensions to the narrowest possible.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:38 am

Does the pitch tilt towards our goal in each half then? As, as often the case last few seasons (my Facebook timeline memories remind me almost daily of this) we do nothing but pissy-arse pass it backwards (yes even in BFS  days). Constantly would have throw ins, ball on the wi ng adjacent to their 18 yard box but have it back to Adrian within 3 touches, thinking we're Barcelona .
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 11 Nov 2016, 6:11 pm

Admin wrote:Five meters longer and four meters wider , same as Wemberly . I just googled it Smile  Maybe this is the problem , the size difference
     It is for Noble. He will be out of position even more times on this pitch

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:31 am