West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
mottinghammer
Geezer
Jiggs
Campo
8 posters

More lunacy from FIFA

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

More lunacy from FIFA Empty More lunacy from FIFA

Post  Campo Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Having decided to play the tournament in the middle of summer in a country where temperatures regularly exceed 40C, Fifa have been wrestling with the problem of how the world's best players are going to cope with the conditions.

Air conditioned, indoor stadiums will help, but even that might not be enough to keep them at a safe temperature according to Michael Beavon, a director of Arup Associates, the company responsible for developing the zero-carbon solar technology intended to cool them.

As a result, one proposal being considered by Fifa is to play the 90 minute games over three 30-minute periods if the temperature inside the stadiums exceeds 30c because of the potential health risks involved.

"There is a moderate risk of heat injury to the players between 24C-29C but if you go above that you have high and extreme risk of injury, " said Beavon, who was speaking to delegates at the Qatar Infrastructure Conference in London.

"The one thing Fifa do say, although it is for guidance, is if it's 32C they will stop a match and play three 30-minute thirds rather than two 45-minute halves

this stinks, oh an extra TV ad break during the game... this is just a way for FIFA to make extra money angry2
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

More lunacy from FIFA Empty Re: More lunacy from FIFA

Post  Jiggs Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:30 pm

3 thirty minute periods would have them changing ends in the middle of the second one scratch
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:32 pm

3 x 30 mins , what the fcuk are they smoking More lunacy from FIFA 149001992
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

wnakers the whole corrupt lot of them
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:37 pm

There was a bloke on talksport from a company that is involved in the air conditioned stadiums over in Qatar and he has said that there would be no need for the game to be split in 3. Apparently one of these air conditioned stadiums were visited by FIFA before the joke was made to award it to them, god knows where this shit has come from. If FIFA know the air conditioned stadiums wank then why would they consider a game of three thirds ?

More lunacy from FIFA 3725042725 Still a bunch of wankers though.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:58 am

Kray JR wrote:If FIFA know the air conditioned stadiums wank then why would they consider a game of three thirds?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:22 pm

I think theres something wrong with your keyboard. cheesey grin
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:22 am

I 'd say he is right on the money myself!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 04 Aug 2011, 7:12 pm

Karl has a dig at Blatter cheesey grin
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Karl Heinze Rummenigge has claimed Sepp Blatter is not fit to run football.

The Bayern Munich director and former Germany international says the president of FIFA does not meet the credentials required to run the global game.

Rummenigge, speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News HD in his role as the head of the European Club Association, also believes the international calendar is unfair on the clubs and needs to be revised.

Click on the video above for a feature-length interview

But even though he is not convinced Blatter is the right man for the role, he denied there are plans in place to form a breakaway league that would take more than 200 of Europe's top teams away from FIFA's control

"The president of FIFA has to be a fair, a serious and a very democratic gentleman," he told Sky Sports News' Craig Slater.

"Mr Blatter is now re-elected for the next four years and I'm very curious: is he fit for all these requests? I am not convinced that is true.

"There is no sign. He has been running in this position since 1998 - so 13 years in a row - and I would say it's normal that you're not convinced by his last period as president, that he is fit for all these requests."
    Democracy

Blatter was of course the only candidate to stand for the presidency in June after Mohammed Bin Hamman withdrew amid claims of corruption and vice-president Jack Warner resigned from his post.

Rummenigge was not surprised by the decision, insisting that the world's national football federations stood by him because they are FIFA's priroty and get "everthing done in their favour."

But he is determined to make sure the ECA and its members are given a greater say in how the game is governed.

"First of all my request is not just focussed alone on clubs and it is not just to get more power," he said.

"My request is not getting more power, it's about having more democracy and more governance and I believe it's a quite normal request. I would like to request that not just clubs, but leagues, referees and women players have to be included in the decision-making.

"If Mr Blatter and his colleagues are ready to do that, then fine. If not, we will have to see what we can do to convince him."

Revolution

Rummenigge though, does not believe that would involve a new league that would see Europe's top clubs leave their national federations to form an independent competition.

The ECA has taken over from the G14 group, who first raised the issue of a breakaway league, featuring the leading club sides from Europe's top leagues, including Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal from the Premier League, Barcelona and Real Madrid from La Liga, the two Milan clubs and Bayern Munich.

Rummenigge acknowledges that the threat was there, but insists it would now be too big a shake-up - and one that he is not prepared to push through.

"In the past when we had the G14 there was a clear plan on the table to have our own league guided by ourselves," he said.

"It still has a life, but in the ECA we never discuss it seriously and on the 5th and 6th of September when we have our general assembly, I don't believe a plan will be presented regarding that.

"We have to know the wishes of all our members, not just the big ones. The ECA is composed of more than 200 clubs around Europe and if, at the end, we haven't found a solution, we have to find one where everybody his happy with the revolution, because it will be a big revolution.

"And I feel, as a former professional player, it would be too big a revolution."
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:21 pm

dean and darran can fcuk off at the end of the second third instead of half time
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:30 pm

More lunacy from FIFA 808317

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 2:56 am