West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
Charlie Ham
westhamonkey
6 posters

Man Utd vs WHUFC -- April 13th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Man Utd vs WHUFC -- April 13th, 2019 - Page 3 Empty Re: Man Utd vs WHUFC -- April 13th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Fri 19 Apr 2019, 3:18 am

Charlie Ham wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:
    Tony P wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Can't say I'm happy with that performance at the end.
    We had a good chance to win, but we are West Ham.
    Really? Clearly we are not happy with the result; but the performance? It was one of the best away performances this season

you know when you're in weird territory when Tony and I agree on anything... but in terms of performance... yes... one of our best this season.
    If we'd played consistently all season like we did against United, we'd be comfortably in 7th place - not struggling to hold onto 11th.

It's not like anyone's saying Saturday's performance made us world beaters... we played well, not brilliantly, but we competed and tried and showed effort and commitment, two of the things we've been sorely lacking in this year (and many others)

Well seeing as its knock Charlie Ham time I will only say we lost again. Getting to be a bad habit.

Man Utd vs WHUFC -- April 13th, 2019 - Page 3 200143081 oh Chaz... nothing against you... yes, we lost... yes we lost against a poor team... but we're a poor team these days.

I was only saying that saturday's game was a step up in terms of our recent string of abysmal performances... in any other universe we could righty hate how we played against ManUre... but given how we've played recently, it was actually heartening to see that we could actually put in a bit of a shift in a game... just so disheartening that these efforts are so few and far between and come with pretty much no justification or explanation...

in the past three months we've gone from competing for 7th place to fighting (maybe... hopefully) to hold onto 11th place.

these last games are a chance for the players to prove (a little late to be honest) that they do actually have the balls to fight... having watched them week in week out for decades... I know what I want to see... but I ain't gonna be holding my breath...
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Man Utd vs WHUFC -- April 13th, 2019 - Page 3 Empty Re: Man Utd vs WHUFC -- April 13th, 2019

Post  Jiggs Sat 20 Apr 2019, 8:52 am

yeah that  Charlie   hugsmiley

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:02 pm