West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
Blakey
westhamonkey
6 posters

Ongoing Thoughts

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Ongoing Thoughts Empty Ongoing Thoughts

Post  westhamonkey Thu 25 Jun 2020, 8:14 pm

So, the big clear out has begun... Zabaleta, Ngakia and Sanchez are no longer with the club. No surprises there and Sanchez will hardly be missed at all.
    Zabaleta was good in his day but today is no longer that day and he's too injured to even see out the dying embers of 2019/20.

Ngakia is a sore spot for most, but does show how little this club has to offer anyone these days - which is the most damning indictment against the current leadership.

We don't play until wednesday of next week, so everything is happening around us and not because of us, so results are out of our hands - but then the way we're playing results seem out of our hands even when we do play.

Thank christ for Burnley I guess... they managed to pull out a 1-0 victory over Watford, so we're currently only a point behind them, although stuck on the same points as Bournemouth and Villa.

thanks to the previous results it now looks like relegation will be:

Norwich - pretty much odds on.

Then any 2 from 4 between Villa, Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham

Last edited by westhamonkey on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating the title so it doesn't get lost)
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Ongoing Thoughts Empty Re: Ongoing Thoughts

Post  Blakey Fri 26 Jun 2020, 9:47 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    Ngakia is a sore spot for most, but does show how little this club has to offer anyone these days - which is the most damning indictment against the current leadership.

Lets not forget that the club were going to release Ngakia anyway, before he got his break. The club offered him, at 19 years old, a vastly improved contract with a significant increase in basic, plus appearance and performance add ons. He would have been handsomely rewarded as long as he remained a first team player. 

Neither the player or his representatives made any demands, the only response was that he would be leaving the club on June 30th. They never mentioned money. 

If the club had informed Ngakia and his agent of their intention to release him at the end of the season, his agent has done his job in securing him a new club. Whether it is Norwich, as is widely rumoured, remains to be seen. Whether the club made the right decision, (remember Reece Oxford), remains to be seen. We can only accept that the academy didn't see as much in him as they did in others.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 26 Jun 2020, 6:39 pm

Friday's thoughts.

Not a lot concerning West Ham.

Liverpool win the league and some of their fans go app outside their ground.
    Would never happen to West Ham fans. Smile
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 26 Jun 2020, 10:41 pm

Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

Lets not forget that the club were going to release Ngakia anyway, before he got his break. The club offered him, at 19 years old, a vastly improved contract with a significant increase in basic, plus appearance and performance add ons. He would have been handsomely rewarded as long as he remained a first team player. 

Neither the player or his representatives made any demands, the only response was that he would be leaving the club on June 30th. They never mentioned money. 

If the club had informed Ngakia and his agent of their intention to release him at the end of the season, his agent has done his job in securing him a new club. Whether it is Norwich, as is widely rumoured, remains to be seen. Whether the club made the right decision, (remember Reece Oxford), remains to be seen. We can only accept that the academy didn't see as much in him as they did in others.

Good to know, and three games is nowhere near enough time to judge anyone's longterm suitability - but (behind Antonio) he was about our best player in the games he played....

Even if the club were looking to boot him out, it's still sad that someone can go through the academy, break into the first team and still not feel enough of a connection to or hope in the club to even pretend to want to stay.

Besides Antonio and Fabianski, I'd be happy if we cleared out the entire squad from first team to under-21s.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 26 Jun 2020, 10:45 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Friday's thoughts.

Not a lot concerning West Ham.

Liverpool win the league and some of their fans go app outside their ground.
    Would never happen to West Ham fans. Smile

I never think about Liverpool, unless we're playing them.

And for the past year I find myself thinking less and less about West Ham...

Hopefully I, and all of you, will live long enough to see M*yes unceremoniously kicked to the curb, the owners shipped out for people who can actually run a football club, and some players brought in who can actually play...

but then I never thought I'd live long enough to watch us descend into this pile of absolute shit that passes for our current circumstances...

Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547 Ongoing Thoughts 780148547
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Sat 27 Jun 2020, 7:35 am

Sad to see Zabaleta leave as I thought he done well with us and rarely had a bad game and he always gave 110% when he played,He always seemed to wanted to help the younger players that were in and around the first team squad.

Sanchez was by far the worst player we`ve seen in a West ham shirt recently for a long time so very happy to see him go and free up some wages that can be spent elsewhere.

Ngakia is another one like Zabaleta that I`m dissapointed to see leave especialy on a free as well. He could easly of become a 1st choice right back for us ahead of Fredericks and Johnson....I believe his agent has had a big part to play in twisting the player`s head into rejecting any new contract the club offer.

The only other players I`d like to see go during the Summer are :
    Roberto - For Obivous Reasons.
    Reid - Was good in his day but Injuries are going to stop him getting back to his best plus he`s getting on a bit now.
    Ajeti - Simply not good enough for the Premier League.
    Hugill - Again not good enough.
    Lanzini - Has proven he is more then good enough for the league at times but injuries have slowed his progress down and for the right price I`d get rid of him.
    Yarmolenko - Again at times has showed his class but injuries have slowed his west ham career down and like Lanzini for the right price I`d get rid.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 27 Jun 2020, 9:48 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

Good to know, and three games is nowhere near enough time to judge anyone's longterm suitability - but (behind Antonio) he was about our best player in the games he played....

Even if the club were looking to boot him out, it's still sad that someone can go through the academy, break into the first team and still not feel enough of a connection to or hope in the club to even pretend to want to stay.

Besides Antonio and Fabianski, I'd be happy if we cleared out the entire squad from first team to under-21s.

That's being extremely harsh on Rice, Soucek, Bowen and Fornals. Fabianski I agree with but not Antonio

I believe we have seen the best of Antonio a couple of seasons ago. He has the first touch of a rapist and couldn't trap a bag of cement. He runs a lot, he has very little end product. He is not, never has been and never will be, a striker. We should not be relying on him to get us goals, it's not going to happen.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 27 Jun 2020, 12:48 pm

Saturday thoughts?

Hi all, no game today so we can't lose.

I tend to agree with Monkey about the squad but would go further.

Nothing wrong with the club that new owners, new manager and coaches and completed new squad could not sort out.

At the moment just wondering if we can score any goals before end of season.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 27 Jun 2020, 10:49 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Saturday thoughts?

Hi all, no game today so we can't lose.

I tend to agree with Monkey about the squad but would go further.

Nothing wrong with the club that new owners, new manager and coaches and completed new squad could not sort out.

At the moment just wondering if we can score any goals before end of season.

well our top scorer - Haller - is injured and we insist on playing a one up top strategy that has never worked in our history, so chances of us scoring... slim to none.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 27 Jun 2020, 10:56 pm

Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:
    Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

That's being extremely harsh on Rice, Soucek, Bowen and Fornals. Fabianski I agree with but not Antonio

I believe we have seen the best of Antonio a couple of seasons ago. He has the first touch of a rapist and couldn't trap a bag of cement. He runs a lot, he has very little end product. He is not, never has been and never will be, a striker. We should not be relying on him to get us goals, it's not going to happen.

of course it's harsh, it's me talking.

but I stand by it though, there's no one in the squad that I'd lose sleep over if we shipped them out or they decided to leave.

Fabianski is a good keeper and the reasons we're not already relegated... but I'd even suffer his loss.

I like antonio because he tries. He might be more muscle than finesse but since we have zero finesse in the squad (and by that I don't mean players that have the potential for finesse, like Anderson, Lanzini, etc, I mean players that actually perform with finesse - because currently we have none.

antonio actually gives us options, keeps possession and sets up other players - ur problem is that we have no one else in the team working with him and so his efforts are largely pointless.

If antonio goes then I'd be sad because his effort would have been wasted - with the there players, Anderson for example, I don't even see them making an effort, so their loss would be almost imperceptible.

Ultimately we can lose all or none of the squad, who we replace them with and our record in the past decade is about as piss poor as you could get when it comes to recruiting talent.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Sun 28 Jun 2020, 7:30 am

I see in the Papers that they are saying that the board are thinking about getting rid of Moyes already and attempting to replace him with Dyce. Personally I`d be happy with Dyce - He`d take no crap from players and drop them if he feels they are not proforming or putting in the effort etc as he`s shown at Burnley. His teams are always set up hard to beat etc something which is not the case with us. He`s got a decent record at Burnley considering their squad.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 28 Jun 2020, 9:41 am

Arran wrote:I see in the Papers that they are saying that the board are thinking about getting rid of Moyes already and attempting to replace him with Dyce. Personally I`d be happy with Dyce - He`d take no crap from players and drop them if he feels they are not proforming or putting in the effort etc as he`s shown at Burnley. His teams are always set up hard to beat etc something which is not the case with us. He`s got a decent record at Burnley considering their squad.

Made up stories that "journalists" get from trolling message boards and fan sites on social media. 

The Daves are not going to sack Moyes. Fact.

There was, purportedly, some interest when they were looking for Pellegrini's successor, but I don't think he'd come. 

He would ask around & talk to his mates if there was any interest in him. If he spoke to Fat Sam, there is no way he'd come. 

I like Sean Dyche, he's a good manager, I think he'd do well here, I just don't think he'd come.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 28 Jun 2020, 5:07 pm

Sunday thoughts.

Thinking of asking for my season ticket money back. Not sure of any cut off date?

And yes I like Dyce but why would he want to drop a league?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 28 Jun 2020, 10:40 pm

sunday:

well, Villa and Watford did more this weekend to keep us in the premier league than anyone at West Ham has since the season restarted.

Of course, Chelsea won again, making the next game even more of a mountain to climb.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Mon 29 Jun 2020, 6:30 am

Personally I think Dyce would drop down a league to manage West Ham providing all his needs at met eg Transfer Kitty,Bringing in his own backroom staff etc. He would sort that defence out and set us up to be hard to beat but at the same time look to win games and not sit back like Moyes does. His record at Burnley is Impressive considering the budget he has to work with there.

Thank fupp that other teams are intent on helping us stay up Laughing . The next 4 games after Wednesday are all must win games if we are to stay up.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 29 Jun 2020, 10:08 am

Monday thought.

New 125 year home shirt out today. Based on shirts of the past.

Do I buy one?
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Mon 29 Jun 2020, 1:34 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Monday thought.

New 125 year home shirt out today. Based on shirts of the past.

Do I buy one?

100% based on the 15/16 Home Shirt.....All they`ve done is changed the badge.

the 20/21 training stuff however is very nice although very expensive so wont be buying that untill they have sales.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 03 Jul 2020, 8:46 am

Friday 3rd July thoughts.

Hope.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 04 Jul 2020, 2:36 am

Other Friday Thoughts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

for some reason we're no coughing up the money we owe on Haller... probably not a big deal, but a bit of a PR nightmare...
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 04 Jul 2020, 9:37 am

Apparently, according to Exwhuemployee, we have now paid the money.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 04 Jul 2020, 9:08 pm

Doesn't make for happy reading but doesn't seem that far from the truth of things either...

obviously I'm biased because I hate the twat and the people who hired him...

Last edited by westhamonkey on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cos I can't do spelling)
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Sun 05 Jul 2020, 7:06 am

The whole club needs a clear out from top to bottem if we are to compete at the top half of the table season after season.
    We need a new scouting and transfer system similar to leicester etc, A better medical department and medical staff, Much better training facilities and most importantly a much better management and coaching team.

To get all of the above it means GBS leaving and new owners coming in.......Until that happens we`re stuck as we are I`m afraid.

westhamonkey and Cochese like this post

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 9:45 pm

they say it's tough being at the bottom...

I guess they're right cos Villa's run in looks pretty tough this week...
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 09 Jul 2020, 8:07 pm

Thursday 9th thought.

This is going to the wire and will depend on the last game.
    Whoever wins stays up.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Thu 09 Jul 2020, 11:17 pm

Mixed results today with Spuds being worthless and Manure slotting three.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 9:02 pm